pixeltracker

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14- Page 8

Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14

Keepin' Ya Honest! Profile Photo
Keepin' Ya Honest!
#175Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/1/17 at 11:39am

If you say so

SHE'S JUST KEEPIN' YA HONEST!

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#176Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/1/17 at 1:41pm

^ You are boring and pathetic no matter what name you use.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#178Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/1/17 at 3:31pm

That James Barbour thread was certainly a trip to read.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#179Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/1/17 at 3:41pm

Actors Jeremy Piven and Andy Dick and director Brett Ratner are now on the cutting block.  

AllThatJazz2
#180Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/1/17 at 4:10pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Actors Jeremy Piven and Andy Dick and director Brett Ratner are now on the cutting block."

Andy Dick's behavior has been widely documented by the press over the years. The only shock there is that someone actually bothered to hire him for the movies he's now been fired from. 

Brett Ratner is another who is well known to those in the industry as being someone to avoid. Glad to see that so many are speaking out about him (there are six actresses who went on record with the LA Times here).

Haven't read the specifics on Piven. Dustin Hoffman has also been accused. 

I'm guessing there are going to be many more names to come, sadly.

Updated On: 11/1/17 at 04:10 PM

VintageSnarker
#181Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/1/17 at 5:19pm

vanbrig said: " Honestly, since he hadn't come out before, there was really no way to issue an apology WITHOUT choosing this moment to come out.That being said, he wouldn't be in this situation if he hadn't assaulted Rapp, so it's NO excuse for his behavior.

Hasn't he been out at least since the Tony's? There was that joke about the closet... I think it was with Whoopi.

And yes, conflating being gay with pedophilia and deviant or criminal behavior is abhorrent. It would be so no matter what but it's particularly despicable given the long campaign of misinformation to conflate the two and inspire fear and prejudice.

BIG BALONEY Profile Photo
BIG BALONEY
#182Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/1/17 at 5:37pm

Ah! the Witch Hunt is alive again

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#183Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/1/17 at 5:39pm

BIG BALONEY said: " Ah! the Witch Hunt is alive again"

Today is Dustin Hoffman's day!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/dustin-hoffman-sexually-harassed-me-i-was-17-guest-column-1053466

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#184Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/1/17 at 9:21pm

And to think that child actor Corey Feldman tried toi get the message out that Hollywood was full of pedophiles, and he himself had been abused multiple times (as well as his friend Corey Haim) and just about everyone harshly dismissed him - starting with Barbara Walters.

Here's how the interview with Walters played out in 2013:

On the show, Feldman said: “There are people that were the people that did this to both me and Corey [Haim] that are still working. They’re still out there, and that are some of the richest most powerful people in this business. And they do not want me saying what I am saying right now!”

Walters questioned Feldman with a tone of disbelief. "“Are you saying they are pedophiles and that they are still in this business?”, she asked.

Feldman quickly responded, "Yes! “They don’t want me here right now. They want me dead.”

Responded Walters in her attempt to shut the interview down, "You’re damaging an entire industry!”

Feldman responded "I'm sorry". 

Now that clip is going viral these days, and everyone is praising Feldman for coming forward four years ago, and trying to get the truth out.  Too bad everyone shunned him four years ago. (For the record, these days Feldman has said publicly he never had any dealings with Weinstein himself, and Weinstein is not one of the people he was referring to in his book "Coreyography" or in the interviews in 2013.)  

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#185Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 12:56am

blaxx said: "BIG BALONEY said: " Ah! the Witch Hunt is alive again"

Today is Dustin Hoffman's day!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/dustin-hoffman-sexually-harassed-me-i-was-17-guest-column-1053466

"

Oh come on. 1985??? Can we at least stick to this millennium?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#186Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 9:22am

Rapp's was't of this millennium.  The point is: these things don't often happen as an isolated incident.  If there was one, there are likely DOZENS.

Additionally, Spacey is now seeking treatment.   http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5042775/Kevin-Spacey-taking-time-seek-treatment.html

And more accusations  https://www.thedailybeast.com/second-spacey-allegation-rocks-london-theaterland-hotline-opened

(Sorry if the above has already been posted!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#187Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 9:24am

While I certainly don't believe that victims of sexual assault should be ignored, silenced, or otherwise discredited, it troubles me to see so many people rabidly assume that the accused are guilty. Most of these situations are limited to one person's word against another's, and it's very dangerous to make assumptions simply because one finds the alleged infraction to be particularly repugnant. Our legal system dictates that all are to receive a fair and impartial trial and this lynch mob mentality has turned the general public into judge-jury-and-executioner. Simply being accused now has the capacity to destroy a person's entire personal and professional life.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage
Updated On: 11/2/17 at 09:24 AM

smidge
#188Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 10:48am

You’re right of course. It’s just strange to see anyone on this board care about Spacey’s career. If Lea Michele wants to do Funny Girl the board loses their **** and wants her blacklisted. And I don’t believe she’s been accused of trying to get with children

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#189Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 11:01am

Lot666 said: "While I certainly don't believe that victims of sexual assault should be ignored, silenced,or otherwise discredited, it troublesme to see so many people rabidly assume that the accused are guilty. Most of these situations arelimited to one person's word against another's, and it's very dangerous to make assumptions simply because one finds the alleged infraction to beparticularly repugnant. Our legal system dictates that all are to receive a fair and impartial trialand this lynch mob mentality has turnedthe general public into judge-jury-and-executioner. Simply being accused now has the capacity to destroya person's entire personal and professional life."

But there is no legal avenue available in a lot of these cases. And Spacey pretty much didn't deny it, despite not remembering it, which seemed pretty strongly to suggest that didn't seem like something out of character for him...

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#190Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 11:12am

smidge said: "You’re right of course. It’s just strange to see anyone on this board care about Spacey’s career. If Lea Michele wants to do Funny Girl the board loses their **** and wants her blacklisted. And I don’t believe she’s been accused of trying to get with children"

Those two things aren't even remotely in the same category.   And I don't remember seeing anything about wanting her "blacklisted".  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#191Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 11:28am

haterobics said: "But there is no legal avenue available in a lot of these cases. And Spacey pretty much didn't deny it, despite not remembering it, which seemed pretty strongly to suggest that didn't seem like something out of character for him..."

I specifically didn't mention Mr. Spacey in my comments because I did not wish to limit them to him alone; there are now multiple individuals suddenly making accusations in the press against other actors and entertainment industry figures. Some floodgate has opened and there's a wave of finger-pointing in the media, which is exacerbated by folks around here posting things like, "I heard that so-and-so did something to so-and-so back when...." and "A friend of mine's cousin said he went to a party where...". There's too much hearsay going on and I just don't think it's right to brand people for life without a fair trial.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#192Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 12:27pm

But we're talking about three specific men (Weinstein, Spacey and, now, Hoffman) who all responded in a way that leaves very little room for doubt that they, in fact, engaged in this behavior.

And yeah...1985 was over 30 years ago.  As was 1984...and I still remember exactly what was done to me by my neighbor in my garage.  And the basement.  And the shed out back.  Sorry that it's not in this millennium.  

jawjuhh
#193Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 2:19pm

Vulture publishes an account from someone who had an alleged sexual relationship with Spacey at 14. Warning, it's a pretty horrible read, he ended the relationship when Spacey tried to rape him

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#194Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 2:44pm

This seems to me to be less of a "witch hunt" and more of a "finding where the bodies are buried."

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

AMWB Profile Photo
AMWB
#195Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 4:24pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Wow indeed!

Mic drop from Spacey.

"

If that’s his mic drop, it’s the last mic he’ll ever hold.  The only appropriate response would have been “ohmygod, this was horribly wrong and illegal of me and I am so so so so sorry for the damage I have done”. 

Throwing his sexuality into the mix is a dick move. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#196Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 5:07pm

Am I still allowed to enjoy this video of Laura Osnes singing to Dustin? https://youtu.be/qMs7KzTtyyc

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

johannabarker
#197Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 8:21pm

I'm not Keeping Ya Honest, sad to say. Believe it or not I have a life and have been busy with work recently, also I find no need to make multiple accounts. One of the mods can back me up that it's not from my IP address, if they actually care about my feelings since they let people be horrible to me, tell me to die, etc. 

That's a great reminder of James Barbour's crimes though. I would have posted if I could have found it. I can't figure out the search function.

I know I'm widely disliked on the board, oh well. 

Updated On: 11/2/17 at 08:21 PM

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#198Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/2/17 at 8:33pm

gypsy101 said: "a six year old having to walk a mile really is terrible, and also dangerous"

It was TWO miles where I lived in South Florida when I was six. By the time I was 10, I was not only coming home to an empty house, I was home alone and babysitting two younger siblings on weekends.

As others have said, "different times". (And, in our case, no harm done.)

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#199Anthony Rapp: Kevin Spacey Made A Sexual Advance Toward Me When I Was 14
Posted: 11/3/17 at 1:16am

This is all so insane, yet, somehow I believe it all. Just curious how this will effect the industry. Trust me, I've worked for theaters where the owners/directors have told me "We hired him because his bulge was big." like WTF. What is wrong with people. 

Videos