bwaybrent
#175THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 11:55am

I’m really curious to see Dee Roscioli’s take on Lady Cher

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#176THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 3:44pm

Saw the matinee yesterday and really enjoyed it. SJB can do no wrong!

In the beginning of the 2nd Act (I think) she sings a song with the curtain down with just a white spotlight on her which was amazing. I didn't recognize the song and there is no playlist-can someone tell me the name of this song?

Thank you!

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#177THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 3:51pm

The scene is when she decides to focus on acting and is getting ready to make her Broadway debut (in 1982) in the play COME BACK TO THE FIVE AND DIME JIMMY DEAN, JIMMY DEAN. While she’s on the empty stage rehearsing and after an exchange with legendary director Robert Altman, she sings “The Way of Love.”

ChgoTheatreGuy Profile Photo
ChgoTheatreGuy
#178THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 4:01pm

"The Way of Love" is one of my all-time favorite Cher songs that I have loved since I first heard it as a kid.  I really want Ms. Block to win that Tony next year!  I LOVED this show!...

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#179THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 4:28pm

Thanks to both of you!

Yes, I'd love to see her finally win her long overdue Tony Award too.

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#180THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 4:31pm

I can't say enough good things about this show!  I really can't wait to go back!

And I mean no kinehora, but let's all say prayers to protect Stephanie's voice!  8 shows a week?????  She's gotta call a "Bette"!

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#181THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 5:23pm

The one thing I miss the most from the Chicago version is the realization/scene Star Cher makes that she may not fall in love in again, and where Georgia tell her "love yourself!"  I always found that moment so moving.   Now (at least in the show I saw two weeks ago) her ending struggle is "what if I don't work again" and they turn to Believe and the Farewell tours.  

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

Johnnycart
#182THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 9:01pm

Saw the matinee today.  Here's the song list:

Act 1

Overture (The Beat Goes On)

If I Could Turn Back Time

Half Breed

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes

You Better Sit Down Kids

Half Breed

Da Doo Ron Ron

Be My Baby

The Shoop Shoop Song

I Like It Like That (Dave Clark 5)

I Got You Babe

Little Man

When The Money’s Gone

All Or Nothing

Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour Theme

VAMP

Ain’t Nobody’s Business If I Do

Bang Bang

Living In A House Divided

Bang Bang ‘80s

Believe

Song For The Lonely

Act 2

All I Ever Need Is You

Heart Of Stone

Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves

Midnight Rider/Rambling Man

Just Like Jesse James

Sonny & Cher Show Theme

Dark Lady

Baby Don’t Go

Strong Enough

When The Money’s Gone (Reprise)

The Way Of Love

The Beat Goes On

I Found Someone

I Got You Babe (Reprise)

You Haven’t Seen The Last Of Me

A Dream Is A Wish (Reprise)

Megamix: Believe/Strong Enough/Woman’s World/Haven’t Seen The Last Of Me (Remix)

Take Me Home

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#183THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 9:06pm

Marlothom said: "The one thing I miss the most from the Chicago version is the realization/scene Star Cher makes that she may not fall in love in again, and where Georgia tell her "love yourself!" I always found that moment so moving. Now (at least in the show I saw two weeks ago) her ending struggle is "what if I don't work again" and they turn to Believe and the Farewell tours."

Maybe that’s how Real Cher wanted it. She is also one of the Producers. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#184THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 9:19pm

Skip23 said: "Marlothom said: "The one thing I miss the most from the Chicago version is the realization/scene Star Cher makes that she may not fall in love in again, and where Georgia tell her "love yourself!" I always found that moment so moving. Now (at least in the show I saw two weeks ago) her ending struggle is "what if I don't work again" and they turn to Believe and the Farewell tours."

Maybe that’s how Real Cher wanted it. She is also one of the Producers.
"

That was my thought as well. I haven’t seen the show, but I suspect Cher would likely not want the rest of her life defined by whether or not she falls in love with a man again. 

Marlothom Profile Photo
Marlothom
#185THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/18/18 at 9:45pm

I 100% agree that this was a Cher note.  But I miss that moment nonetheless; it had me in tears every time I saw it (5x).  

"Observe how bravely I conceal this dreadful dreadful shame I feel."

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#186THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 1:15am

For those who have seen the show - what is a better seat/view for this one? Row F of the mezz, or row B of the orchestra a little to the side? I'm tempted by the second row seat, but don't know if it would be better to take in a little further back. Thanks! 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#187THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 1:23am

IdinaBellFoster said: "For those who have seen the show - what is a better seat/view for this one? Row F of the mezz, or row B of the orchestra a little to the side? I'm tempted by the second row seat, but don't know if it would be better to take in a little further back. Thanks!"

I sat in orchestra A 6, and I loved the view. In my opinion, this isn't the type of show where you need to see the big picture, so closer is better, especially to appreciate the costumes. Also, the stage is very low, so having to look up the whole show isn't an issue. .

bwaybrent Profile Photo
bwaybrent
#188THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 1:25am

I heard Cher was in the audience tonight. Can anyone confirm/have any updates?

Updated On: 11/19/18 at 01:25 AM

mailhandler777
#189THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 8:35am

bwaybrent said: "I heard Cher was in the audience tonight. Can anyone confirm/have any updates?"

She was at the matinee. My friend was there.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

TheatreBoy1996
#190THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 10:41am

bwaybrent said: "I heard Cher was in the audience tonight. Can anyone confirm/have any updates?"

Yes she was there last night. She sat in the rear orchestra to the sides. Saw her walk in right as lights dimmed for Act 2. Apparently she was there for the whole show. She spoke to the cast afterwards and I saw her walk out of the theatre. Cast members said she loved it and that there isn't a better group of people to portray her life! 

Also this was my second time seeing the show since first preview and it's changed a lot! All good changes but it keeps getting better! 

lifeisinyou
#191THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 11:24am

THE CHER SHOW PreviewsParticularly loving Cher hanging on Jarrod's shoulder!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#192THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 11:29am

IdinaBellFoster said: "For those who have seen the show - what is a better seat/view for this one? Row F of the mezz, or row B of the orchestra a little to the side? I'm tempted by the second row seat, but don't know if it would be better to take in a little further back. Thanks!"

I'd take the row B orchestra seat. Parts of it was more like a concert and just like any concert, being in the front is a better experience. 

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#193THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 11:42am

So I guess THIS is completely untrue?  Or someone gave her a talking to?

IHeartNY2
#194THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 12:08pm

Tag said: "So I guess THIS is completely untrue? Or someone gave her a talking to?"

My thoughts exactly! 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#195THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 12:17pm

She said she didn’t hate it in Chicago although she acknowledged there were things to be fixed. I haven’t seen it, but it sounds like they took away problematic areas and didn’t really add anything much. So it seems unlikely that she would have such a strong negative reaction. Plus we know she did go backstage after the show so that’s untrue. So the article just seems like a gossip rag piece, which is what it is. After all, “Cher loves her new Broadway show” doesn’t get as many clicks as “Cher hates it.”

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#196THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 12:23pm

Tag said: "So I guess THIS is completely untrue? Or someone gave her a talking to?

Wow!  Talk about trash journalism.  The photo of her with the cast completely discredits the entire article as does the feedback of audience members who were at the performance AND saw Cher throughout. 

I've been told Cher has been fully involved with the show since rehearsals started in New York, so everything we are seeing onstage has been approved by her.  

anominondas
#197THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 12:28pm

Tag said: "So I guess THIS is completely untrue? Or someone gave her a talking to?"

Do you guys still believe in this kind of thing!? It's completely untrue even because she was in Las Vegas the whole week on tour so she couldn't attend the show last week and left furious because she was on the other side of the country... the current part of her tour ended on Saturday and the first thing she did was fly to New York to see the show.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#198THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 12:34pm

I totally missed that this article was written before she even attended the show. The most obvious reason to discredit this gossip rag.

Gizmo6
#199THE CHER SHOW Previews
Posted: 11/19/18 at 7:36pm

Hey all, I notice there are loads of tickets online for this week. Is this normal for previews?

I don't see a rush policy? 

Anyone any advice? Thanks 

Videos