pixeltracker

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.- Page 8

MUSIC MAN Rush Line. Updates and such.

babykitty_00 Profile Photo
babykitty_00
#175Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/24/22 at 1:11pm

Dollypop said: "Perhaps this is Off-Topic but...

I was having a quick bite to eat at Juniors and was sitting at the bar. A very nice lady sat beside me and we started a friendly conversation while we ate. She was from Chicago and had flown in to see a few shows before heading home tomorrow. She told me she'd seen WICKED last night and had enjoyed it and had seen the matinee of THE WORLD'S GREATEST SHOWMAN this afternoon and she raved about it. I asked her if that was the actual title of the show and she repeated, "It's called THE WORLD'S GREATEST SHOWMAN and it stars Hugh Jackson. He's amazing."

I gave up on the conversation."

Funny, but I probably would have joked it off and corrected her..."why yes, he IS the greatest showman, but the name of the show is THE MUSIC MAN." 

wink

MadsonMelo
#176Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/24/22 at 4:25pm

Lumiere2 said: "Saturdays (because it's the most popular day) is a gamble, because while it's the busiest day it's also got two performances.

The best time to go for best odds of getting a ticket isn't a specific day of the week; it's when the weather is particularly nasty. Heavy rain, snow, wind gusts and cold tend to deter people from standing in line for hours on end.

That being said, from what most people on these boards have been writing, most days rush tickets are available so long as you're in line before 7:30am (or 8am if you just need a single)
"

Thanks! I think I'll rush on a thursday next week (if anyone wants to join me, I only need 1 ticket), but If I'm not able, will also go on Saturday.

teos
#177Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/25/22 at 4:26pm

I rushed on Wednesday. I was there at 7am (10-ish people in front of me) and got a ticket at the orchestra center for the matinee show. That was easier than I thought!

MadsonMelo
#178Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/25/22 at 4:42pm

My flight arrives in NY around 5:15 and my hostel is very close to the Winter Garden (5 minute walk), I will see if it's worth doing rush, but for evening show.

forfivemoreminutes
#179Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/25/22 at 7:08pm

teos said: "I rushed on Wednesday. I was there at 7am (10-ish people in front of me) and got a ticket at the orchestra center for the matinee show. That was easier than I thought!"

What row specifically were you in? And were you getting a single ticket or two tickets?

teos
#180Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/25/22 at 8:26pm

Row N, and just a single ticket. There was a couple behind me in the "rush" line, and they were Row M.

MadsonMelo
#181Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/30/22 at 11:48am

I got in line at 8 am, there were 33 people already. When I was About to buy rush, they announced that there no more to the evening performance. I got B13 partial view, but according to one photo and comment from View from My Seat, its a fine ticket. Am I going to miss much?

babykitty_00 Profile Photo
babykitty_00
#182Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/30/22 at 1:35pm

MadsonMelo said: "I got in line at 8 am, there were 33 people already. When I was About to buy rush, they announced that there no more to the evening performance. I got B13 partial view, but according to one photo and comment from View from My Seat, its a fine ticket. Am I going to miss much?"

I saw it 2 weeks ago and I had seat B16. It was fantastic!! The only "partial view" issue was that you couldn't see any of the entrances from the right side of the stage, or when any of the action was happening towards the back on the right side - which isn't much.

MadsonMelo
#183Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/30/22 at 11:24pm

babykitty_00 said: "MadsonMelo said: "I got in line at 8 am, there were 33 people already. When I was About to buy rush, they announced that there no more to the evening performance. I got B13 partial view, but according to one photo and comment from View from My Seat, its a fine ticket. Am I going to miss much?"

I saw it 2 weeks ago and I had seat B16. It was fantastic!! The only "partial view" issue was that you couldn't see any of the entrances from the right side of the stage, or when any of the action was happening towards the back on the right side - which isn't much.
"

It was very good indeed, amazing seat for $49

BalconyClub Profile Photo
BalconyClub
#184Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 3/31/22 at 6:32pm

Though not Rush News, I have canceled my Wednesday evening, April 20 mezzanine ticket, priced at $199. Row F seat 6.

I caught The Music Man in January. I liked it but do not need to return.

Seeing POTUS instead on April 20.

Lumiere2 Profile Photo
Lumiere2
#185Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/2/22 at 1:48pm

Has anyone managed to get rush tickets to the show after the initial line that forms at 10am box office opening (or noon on Sunday) - or does the show sell out every morning with that initial line?

Broadway Buddy
#186Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/3/22 at 11:06pm

Lumiere2 said: "Has anyone managed to get rush tickets to the show after the initial line that forms at 10am box office opening (or noon on Sunday) - or does the show sell out every morning with that initial line?"

I tried the other day as I found myself walking by the box office. No rush tickets and cheapest was $499. Box office staff recommended coming at 7am or earlier.

Updated On: 4/3/22 at 11:06 PM

jvqb2
#187Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/4/22 at 11:42am

teos said: "I rushed on Wednesday. I was there at 7am (10-ish people in front of me) and got a ticket at the orchestra center for the matinee show. That was easier than I thought!"

I was there Wednesday 3/30/22 at 6:45am, I was number 12 in line. Number 13 showed up just before 7. Everyone in front of me said they were buying two tickets, though 3 of those people bought for the matinee. I got A40 and A42 on the far right mezzanine obstructed view. Those were the last two together for the evening show.

We were able to move nearly to the other aisle at intermission. Those were very nice seats.

Updated On: 4/4/22 at 11:42 AM

BarnabyTucker Profile Photo
BarnabyTucker
#188Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/4/22 at 7:22pm

Do we have any updates on the cast album?  I have no doubts we're getting one but I haven't heard a word on it.

dankuhlman
#189Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/8/22 at 3:59pm

I went this morning (4/8/22 - Friday) before work, not to wait in line, but just to ask the person first in line when they got there. He said 3:30am, and the person second in line got there at 4:30am. 

bwayfan802
#190Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/10/22 at 5:50pm

Rushed Saturday 4/9 and got there around 5:50 and was 27ish on line. Most people in front of me were trying for evening tickets, while matinee tickets were less in demand until the group around me. We were C 13 & 15 for the matinee so somewhat obstructed by the piano/missed some entrances but worth $50. Around 8:30 the line was around the block to the Applebee's patio seating area. A line sitter counted 153 people on line around 9:30/9:45. No idea how many people got seats but people through 30-35 definitely got seats and someone said that they had at least 40 per show but idk how true it is.

theaterdarling
#191Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/14/22 at 6:57pm

Does anyone have experience rushing a show similar in popularity to MM on an Easter Sunday? Do more people or less people show up?  Never rushed before or read the rush threads so apologies if the popularity of a rush line on a holiday is common knowledge to all.

I had purchased high priced tickets pre-Covid shutdown but after numerous reschedulings, reading comments on this board during previews and then reviews, I opted for a refund. For me, the show would likely not live up to the price paid and I would sit in lot of regret. However, at $49, I feel certain I could experience a lot of unfettered joy.  So, any thoughts about what I might face this Sunday?

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#192Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/14/22 at 7:17pm

TMM is a big hit show.  Box office opens at Noon on Sunday.  Many people get there by 6am during the week, so I would expect the same on a Sunday - even Easter Sunday.  No big change in that regards.  I'm sad to read that you pretty much have already decided that you're not going to like it, based off what you have read and heard online.  

Updated On: 4/15/22 at 07:17 PM

theaterdarling
#193Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/14/22 at 7:52pm

nealb1 said: "TMM is a big hit show. Box office opens at Noon on Sunday. Many people get there by 6am during the week, so I would expect the same on a Sunday. I'm sad to read that you pretty much have already decided that you're not going to like it, based off what you have read and heard online."

Thanks for your response. I know what to expect on an ordinary Sunday and know that MM is a hit show, my query was more to find out if an Easter Sunday rush line might attract more or less people than usual.

labellaragazza1 Profile Photo
labellaragazza1
#194Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/15/22 at 10:33am

As an update for the holiday weekend, I got there around 6:30ish this morning and ended up being around 16th in line. I got two tickets and there were about 5 tix left after me, so it seems like they had around 40. The first person in line had been there since 4am. 

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#195Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/17/22 at 12:42pm

Theatredarling, did you get your rush tickets this morning?

theaterdarling
#196Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/18/22 at 12:30am

nealb1 said: "Theatredarling, did you get your rush tickets this morning?"

Thanks for asking and, yes, I did!   The answer to my own question seems to be, at least in this instance. Easter Sunday is a slow-ish day. 

As I was crossing over to the theater from 50th St at 6:30A, I got very nervous as I could see NO ONE standing in line and thought how could that be???  For sure I must have screwed something up. But, as I got closer to the box office, I saw one woman sitting on the ground up against the doors (her hubby had gone to check to see if they were in the right place-- they had gotten there at 6:00AM and they couldn't believe they were the only ones there).  Person number 3 did not join us until about 7. 4th and 5th arrivals came a little before 8 and about 16 people had arrived between 8 and 9:15AM. By the time the doors opened there were about 30 people. Sorry I am unable to report how many tickets were available and/or how many on the line obtained tickets.

I got seats B13 and B15 - only partial view was available (after couple #1 got D15 and D17). Won't repeat the weaknesses in those seats --not for everyone but worked for me and accompanying family member. Missing a little bit of action house left and having less of a "landscape" view was more than made up for by seeing the actors so close up especially when so much of the show occurred downstage.  My more expensive seats would not have given me that joy.  And please know, nealb1, despite my bias going in, I was completely charmed by the production.

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#197Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/18/22 at 3:21pm

That's fantastic!  Glad it all worked out and that you enjoyed it.  My tickets are for this Saturday night, April 23rd.  Got the tickets when they first went on sale in September 2019, for November 2020.  And, then all the postponements and reassigned ticket show dates started for everyone.  Will be in NYC for 13 days, and seeing 18 shows.  Can't wait!

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#198Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/18/22 at 4:29pm

nealb1 said: "That's fantastic! Glad it all worked out and that you enjoyed it. My tickets are for this Saturday night, April 23rd. Got the tickets when they first went on sale in September 2019, for November 2020. And, then all the postponements and reassigned ticket show dates started for everyone. Will be in NYC for 13 days, and seeing 18 shows. Can't wait!"

How exciting! Please be sure to share your thoughts on the shows!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

yanks02
#199Music Man Rush Line.
Posted: 4/19/22 at 12:12am

Any experience rushing a 2 show day on a Wednesday? I'm flying into JFK at 6 AM and wanted to try and head straight to the rush line. I'm only needing to buy a single ticket and I don't care whether I go see the matinee or the evening. If I got to the theatre around 8 AM do you think I'd have a chance to get a rush ticket?

Videos