pixeltracker

MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?- Page 9

MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#200MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 2:57pm

She may be a little old, but I'd still love to see Laura Benanti as Eliza. 

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#201MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 2:57pm

I'd cut off a toe to see Laura Michelle Kelly in this.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#202MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 2:58pm

I'm going to say it: Laura Osnes :P But, they are going to do great with whoever

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#203MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 2:59pm

I'd love to see Phillipa do it. Also, I'm always open to Cynthia Erivo, but hoping to see her in an original role next.

neonlightsxo
#204MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:00pm

Nikki Renee Daniels!

sondmon
#205MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:01pm

I've heard Laura say she wants to play Eliza so maybe.

VintageSnarker
#206MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:09pm

Eliza2 said: "I'd cut off a toe to see Laura Michelle Kelly in this.

She was fantastic in the 54 Below concert. I can't remember but either her cockney Eliza or her posh Eliza was a little better than the other. I also don't think she'd totally found the character (which of course is a lot to ask for a one off concert) but with Sher directing, she could be incredible. I would be very happy if they cast her, even as a replacement down the road. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#207MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:14pm

I think Jenn Gambatese would be nice

Jessie mueller is going to be apart of the carousel revival, no? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#208MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:22pm

I  cannot overstate how much I would love to see Phillipa Soo in this role. I would forfeit my right to dreamcast ever again if she played this. 

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#209MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:23pm

From someone in the know, it sounds like they want a star for Higgins and a complete unknown for Eliza.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#210MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:24pm

I can respect an unknown for Eliza...I was under the impression they wanted Colin Firth for Higgins. I heard that a while ago so not sure if it's still true...

BakerWilliams Profile Photo
BakerWilliams
#211MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:27pm

Jefferson Mays was wonderful as Higgins in Pygmalion. I'd love to see him play the role again.

"In memory, everything happens to music"

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#212MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:28pm

I'd love to see Hugh Laurie as Higgins.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

helvizz Profile Photo
helvizz
#213MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:31pm

I kow Paulo Szot has played the role of Higgins in Brazil. If he worked on his accent, Id LOVE to see him take the role on Broadway  

neonlightsxo
#214MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:35pm

bekk99 said: "From someone in the know, it sounds like they want a star for Higgins and a complete unknown for Eliza."

Sounds good to me! Is Colin Firth still an option?

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#215MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 3:55pm

If that "unknown for Eliza" thing turns out to be true, maybe they'll hold an open call? Maybe there is hope for me after all! Lol...

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Roscoe
#216MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 4:02pm

Thank God.  Sher and Lincoln Center and a full proper pit ensemble.  I was afraid it was going to be Trevor Nunn, the National Theater, and a string quartet and another mortuary set.

We'll see who they cast.  I hope they resist the stereotype of having Higgins be so much older than Eliza.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

Call_me_jorge
#217MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 4:17pm

Emily Rohm would actually be perfect she's also an unknown. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Call_me_jorge
#218MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 4:32pm

Or maybe Gina Beck?

bekk99 Profile Photo
bekk99
#219MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 4:50pm

Colin Firth fell through apparently.

A Director
#220MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 4:50pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I  cannot overstate how much I would love to see Phillipa Soo in this role. I would forfeit my right to dreamcast ever again if she played this. 

Too easy!  You would need to stand in the middle of Times Square with a sign reading, I APOLOGIZE FOR VOTING FOR TRUMP!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#221MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 4:52pm

From what I've heard, unless something falls through - they already found an Eliza. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#222MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 4:54pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "From what I've heard, unless something falls through - they already found an Eliza. "

You gotta give us more than that! I'm dying with anticipation!

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#223MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 5:01pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Though I wonder if Bart will find a role for Danny Burstein in this."

I don't think he really needs to "find" a role for him, I think he'd be a perfect Alfred Doolittle.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#224MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?
Posted: 3/6/17 at 5:07pm

Benanti or bust!

Videos