#2300Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/22 at 12:22pm

Tag said: "Seems like he'd be a better fit for Amos."

You definitely don’t have a grasp on business logistics.  cheeky

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2301Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/22 at 12:39pm

They announce a new Billy, but no announcement on the new Velma and Roxie set to begin next Monday?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RWPrincess
#2302Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/22 at 12:40pm

I was in no rush to see this but I'm excited to see James as Billy Flynn

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#2303Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/22 at 12:44pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Tag said: "Seems like he'd be a better fit for Amos."

You definitely don’t have a grasp on business logistics. cheeky
"

You think he'll bring in business?  Maybe a few theater nerds.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#2304Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/22 at 1:31pm

Tag said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Tag said: "Seems like he'd be a better fit for Amos."

You definitely don’t have a grasp on business logistics. cheeky
"

You think he'll bring in business? Maybe a few theater nerds.
"

He definitely won’t explode the box office but he has some valuable creds for marketing his name and generate some business.  The smoke and mirrors of the entertainment industry: razzle dazzle them, so to speak.  Market him like he’s a really big deal since he’s a Tony Award winner.  The simplest things created a “Wow!” factor that grab tourist attention. 

“Now starring Tony Award winner James Monroe Inglehart as Billy Flynn!”  

Tourists will definitely have zero idea who he is but he’s a Tony Award winner (whatever that it), so he’s someone. Oooh.  surprise

Phantom4ever
#2305Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/4/22 at 1:35pm

I'm just glad he's out of the role of TJ because he was just awful at that role. Talk about miscast. I think he will do well as Flynn and I think he will bring out a sneaky, subversive side of Billy that we don't always see. 

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2306Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/5/22 at 9:03pm

Him being the next Billy is kinda outta the blue BUT he’s played sleazy and creepy like Flynn on TV guest stints. He’s so much more a Billy than Amos. 
He’ll be great. Not an Amos. 

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2307Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread

Him being the next Billy is kinda outta the blue BUT he’s played sleazy and creepy like Flynn on TV guest stints. He’s so much more a Billy than Amos. 

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2308Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#2309Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/5/22 at 10:03pm

Hugh Jackman should just have come in for a month, or 3 as Billy instead of the stop/start/covers/understudies debacle that is plaguing TMM.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2310Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/8/22 at 3:12pm

Still no word on the next Velma and Roxi to start on Monday. Going to assume it'll be Amra and possibly Dylis Croman. If it was any type of "name" I'm sure it would've been announced by now.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#2311Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/8/22 at 4:43pm

He’s also hosting the 50 Years of Broadway special and has done a good amount of TV work the last couple years that is great for the tourist crowd. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2312Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/8/22 at 9:39pm

Per Joseph London's Instagram, Bianca is no longer with the show. Looks like Amra will be Velma until further notice.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#2313Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/9/22 at 11:19am

Joseph London is on as Amos for today;  2:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.  Also, it seems that today is the last day for Bianca M. and Ana V.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Nolan LuPone
#2314Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/9/22 at 1:58pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "Joseph London is on as Amos for today; 2:30 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. Also, it seems that today is the last day for Bianca M. and Ana V."

It looks like Bianca is already gone. Her name is no longer on the cast board, but Amra's is.

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#2315Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/9/22 at 3:35pm

She’ll be back! 
they alwaaaaays come back 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2316Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/9/22 at 4:51pm

JBradshaw said: "She’ll be back!
"

I'd expect it. Just odd she hasn't been in the show for several weeks apparently.

Nolan LuPone
#2317Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/9/22 at 8:37pm

JBradshaw said: "She’ll be back!
"

Lol, so true

KingOfTheMine Profile Photo
KingOfTheMine
#2318Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 10:25am

Bianca has extended as Velma through March 13, 2022.  Charlotte d'Amboise returns to the show as Roxie tonight:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Charlotte-dAmboise-Returns-to-CHICAGO-and-Bianca-Marroqun-Extends-Her-Run-20220110

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#2319Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 10:51am

Terrific news, no? One of the hallmarks of this production: the use of new talent and experienced stars. This combo promises to be a hot one, D'Amboise one of Broadway's treasures. And let's just say it: it's swell to have actors in her demographic at the top of her game in roles worthy of them. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

BrodyFosse123
ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2321Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 11:19am

CHICAGO is back to its lazy old habits, I see. Oy.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#2322Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 11:29am

Wait, I'm confused. Is it Bianca or Amra right now? I'm thinking of going back with James as Billy, and the chance to see Bianca and Charlotte (who I've seen dozens of times as Roxie) play together would be the ideal treat!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BrodyFosse123
#2323Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 11:35am

Bianca never left, she’s just been missing performances.  d’Amboise begins tonight (Mon Jan 10) so if Bianca isn’t back then Amra will be on as Velma until Bianca returns.  

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2324Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread
Posted: 1/10/22 at 1:51pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "CHICAGO is back to its lazy old habits, I see. Oy."

To me, Charlotte and Bianca are one of the most exciting duos I can think of. If those are lazy old habits, I'm grateful.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Videos