News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Cheaters at Hair Lotto

MyLife
#1Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 7:48pm

Not any great news, but some of you may get a kick out of this.
Two people were caught cheating at the Hair lotto tonight when their names each got called twice. Talk about good and bad luck at the same time. Their tickets were indeed taken away.

Serves them right. Glad to see the Hair lotto officials playing by the rules.

broadwayhoofer Profile Photo
broadwayhoofer
#2re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:22pm

How did they not get caught enter twice?

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#2re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:24pm

I thought this was going to go the way of the "West Side Story's lotto is rigged" thread, so this was a pleasant surprise.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

broadwayhoofer Profile Photo
broadwayhoofer
#3re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:29pm

WSS lotto (sometimes) is rigged. I tell you this because it worked in my favor when I had a cast member friend give me a helping hand.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#4re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:38pm

I know someone in the cast of WSS but I don't think I'd ever ask for help with the lotto.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#5re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:52pm

"WSS lotto (sometimes) is rigged. I tell you this because it worked in my favor when I had a cast member friend give me a helping hand."

Great. More posts like this could get the lotto taken away for the rest of us. We don't need another ACL.
Updated On: 7/8/09 at 08:52 PM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#6re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 8:53pm

And some people can't even win ONCE!

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

FindingNamo
#7re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 9:07pm

They took their tickets away? Man. Those rules are frickin fascist, man.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ashley0139
#8re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 9:09pm

I have always idly wondered if there have ever been two people at a lotto with the same name. I have a common name and am curious about this. I was especially curious at something like the final RENT lotto where there were just so many people that there could easily be two people with the same first and last name. If only one was called, would the one who wrote that ticket have to prove it? If they were both called, would they assume someone cheated?

For some reason I have always wondered about this.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#9re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 9:11pm

Someone with a name similar (one letter difference) was called at the In The Heights lottery. The print couldn't really be read, but there was a zip code line on there, and it was determined to be the other person's win.

DefyGravity777
#10re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 9:12pm

^that happened at the Wicked lotto once. All they did was have them write down their names again to see which one indeed won.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

MyLife
#11re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 9:37pm

And if 2 John Smith's were called and there were 2 John Smith's present, then they wouldn't think there was cheating. IT would, however, suck if one John Smith decided to go to a different lotto instead. Then the John Smith present would be SOL

givesmevoice
#12re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 9:41pm

ashley, I always wondered that, too! I guess that's why they ask for ZIP codes, too.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

madscientist
#13re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 9:48pm

I have seen people cheat at the Wicked lotto. Please note, I'm not saying I think it's rigged or there's anything fishy, as I won it once. I kind of wanted to say something, but they didn't win anyway. It is sad that people have the nerve to try something like that. Besides being wrong to do anyway, the thought of getting caught in front of so many people is so embarrassing!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#14re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 10:16pm

The only time I had been in a situation like this was when I wasn't paying attention at the Wicked lotto and only heard my last name. Turns out that the name was the same it was just a different spelling. Man was I upset because I thought I actually won which happens to me at Wicked once in a blue moon.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#15re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 10:38pm

I am glad that the people got caught and were denied tickets. When I saw when they had the zip code required for the HAIR tickets, I figured it was in case there were duplicate names.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#16re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 11:17pm

Funny, the same thing happened at 9 to 5 tonight. What had happened what a fellow's mom had already signed him up and he didn't realize that (neither did the lotto guy) and he got called twice in a row. Simple mistake, but rules are rules.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

RemarkableTimes
#17re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 11:19pm

They actually weren't cheating. It was an inadvertent mistake.

The girl's friend had come and was entering "for her" in the lottery - not intending to go, but putting another entry in to help her odds out. Unfortunately, he did not understand the rules because he put her name on the slip (thinking that's what he should do so she could get the tickets) instead of his.

However, there's really no way to prove that it was a mistake and not an attempt to cheat, so they did the only fair thing and did not give her the lottery seat.

That's kind of funny that it happened that way, singtopher, because the girl who was "cheating" at Hair's name was also called right in a row.
Updated On: 7/8/09 at 11:19 PM

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#18re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 11:23pm

Well that's why you're only supposed to write your own name down. To avoid your name being in there twice.

RemarkableTimes
#19re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 11:26pm

Obviously the person didn't know, or else they wouldn't have done so. It was a mistake, they suffered the consequences of not getting the tickets that they would have won.

MyLife
#20re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 11:36pm

The ZIP code is actually for advertising tracking purposes. they see who is coming from what areas, etc.

But I guess it helps for duplicate names too

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#21re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 11:42pm

I have always idly wondered if there have ever been two people at a lotto with the same name.

I too have encountered this, at the Wicked lotto back in the L.A. touring days, the name was Maria _____ and two women came rushing forward, the guy running the lotto had them both write their names on blank slips of paper, then gave the tix to the one who matched the handwriting. *shrug* apparently it's not as uncommon a problem as I thought it was, based on the fact that a few people here have come across it.

That's awesome that they took away the tix from the people entering their names twice.

I really wish they'd do something about people who enter twice using
first initial, last name; and
first name, last name
and they let them still get away with winning when both names are called (and, surprise, no one responds to the second name,) because 'technically' they're not the same name. I've seen it happen at Heights *and* at Hair so far. (Hmmm- ponders the fact that she may have given people ideas to cheat, but does not care if it means the lottos will finally stop allowing this.)

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#22re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 11:47pm

I too think that the zip codes and email address lines are just for marketing as well. I have been to many lottos where someone would ask the person running it what those lines were for and they have just said that they could simply ignore it. I guess that they don't focus on the fact that they might have two people with the same name win because while it does happen, it most likely doesn't happen too often to do something about it.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

givesmevoice
#23re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/8/09 at 11:50pm

this might be the sociology student in me, but I wonder if they'd use the ZIP codes for any sort of demographic information.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#24re: Cheaters at Hair Lotto
Posted: 7/9/09 at 12:14am

I am sure that they do as well as using the email line to spam your inbox with information you don't want nor really care about.

I guess it isn't important information as far as entering or winning the lotto is concerned which is why I am guessing that the people running the lotto tell people who ask about those two lines to not worry about it at all.

Videos