pixeltracker

Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release

Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release

LesMiz24601 Profile Photo
LesMiz24601
#1Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 12:19am

Please post your messages, and show your support. If enough people virtually sign this in the next few days, and write messages of support, maybe the producers could be persuaded. If any of you have any contacts with the show, please private message me contact e-mails, or you can simply forward them this thread.

I believe that there honestly could be a market Ragtime on Great Performances or the Hot Ticket, and then an eventual DVD release. I think it could be a hit on DVD/Blu-Ray such as the final performance of Rent has been.

So please show your support.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#2Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 12:26am

Ugh.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#3Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 12:31am

If only it was that easy

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
TalkinLoud
#4Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 12:32am

Too late.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#5Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 12:40am

The producers have already lost 8 million $$ please, let it RIP.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#6Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 12:45am

Because this ALWAYS works.

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#7Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 12:58am

"I think it could be a hit on DVD/Blu-Ray such as the final performance of Rent has been."

In case you hadn't noticed ....... RENT ran about 12 years as opposed to less than 12 weeks for Ragtime.

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

Mildred Plotka
#8Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 1:04am

Aside from the financial improbability of this project, that set would be a bitch to film.

saveusmike Profile Photo
saveusmike
#9Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 1:07am

Wow it just so happens I am actually one of the producers of the show and this Virtual Petition has changed my mind, The show WILL be filmed!

"Everything in life, is only for now" -Avenue Q

LesMiz24601
#10Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 1:10am

What I think is too bad is how this thread is being blatantly shot down for no reason. If I titled this thread: "Should there be a petition" then it would make sense for this type of banter. So please either show your support, or write criticisms elsewhere.

FindingNamo
#11Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 1:14am

Signed,

Namo Finding
Castle Finding, USA

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

saveusmike Profile Photo
saveusmike
#12Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 1:18am

With all due respect, you are not being shot down for "No reason". The reason being is that these "Virtual Petitions" happen ALL THE TIME. and 95% of the time, to no Avail.

Another thing is your prediction about it selling like RENT did is another far fetched thought. Personally I dont know how RENT did on Blu Ray, but I will take your word and assume it sold very good.
Ragtime might be a better show, but to the general public Ragtime isint even in RENTS league.
Before I even saw Broadway shows 2 shows I heard of where CATS and RENT.
Ragtime (Imo) would be a HORRIBLE flop, for the mere fact that no one knows about it, as it is thats probably the reason it isint doing so well now.

I understand you must love the show and thats why your hoping for a dvd but, it isint going to happen.

Im sorry.

"Everything in life, is only for now" -Avenue Q

LesMiz24601
#13Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 1:23am

Okay saveusmike I understand what you are saying. I just see a bunch of stage shows on DVD its disappointing Ragtime is not among them.
Updated On: 1/5/10 at 01:23 AM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#14Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 1:26am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hahaha.

HA.

Life is disappointing.

The end.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Mildred Plotka
#15Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 1:52am

And all of those DVD's of live shows you've seen required much advance planning beyond the 5 days you're expecting this to be thrown together in.

I also doubt they'd record it with an understudy in the role of Mother.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#16Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 2:41am

Yeah, this post is not going to do anything. Plus, a few days in advance to record this for release is not enough time at all, and who's going to put the money down for it? I'm sure the producers who are losing money certainly want to.

And just in my opinion, I didn't like how Rent was filmed. It was too busy and some of the camera shots were embarrassing, in my opinion.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

tim10086 Profile Photo
tim10086
#17Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 2:44am

I love you guys. You all make me laugh so much. When I visit the USA, I want to meet you all!

Tim Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release

I will climb back up that mountain!

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#18Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 3:16am

Maybe Andrew KeenanBolger could film it for his blog!

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

BroadwayBound062 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound062
#19Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 3:20am

We aren't shotting you down we are just trying to show you how this could NEVER happen.

Genius lasts longer than beauty.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#20Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 5:00am

The above posters are right: this is ridiculous.

1. On line petitions are worthless
2. Creating a DVD like you are suggesting is freakishly expensive.
3. There is no time. You don't just run out and hire a camera crew and have them do it. To do it well take a LOT of planning.
4. There IS NO audience for this. If there was, Ragtime might have had a chance on bway.
5. Theater does not NEED to be preserved in this way. That's the beauty of theater. It's a privat moment between that day's audience and the cast. It SHOULD be exerienced live.
6. The producers didn't feel this was successful enough to put more money into a cast recording -- how could you persuade them to do this.

I loved Ragtime. Got to see it twice. I'm sad it's going. But it is and life goes on.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

rmusic11322
#21Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 6:56am

Don't shows get filmed for promotional reasons? Why don't they just relseas that on iTunes or something?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#22Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 10:43am

You want RAGTIME filmed? Put up the cost to have it filmed. Petitions don't work -- money does.

Also, PBS does NOT film anything -- investors are the ones who fund these filmings AND then negotiate for PBS to air them. Again... PBS does NOT fund any filmings.

The recent revival of COMPANY was filmed by a private investor who funded the filming. They later negotiated with PBS to air it which they did as part of their GREAT PERFORMANCES series.

To cover all grounds here, the few Lincoln Center productions which aired on PBS are also NOT filmed by PBS but by the Lincoln Center. PBS airs those as part of their LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER series -- which is fully funded by the Lincoln Center.

#23Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 10:56am

When this drive is over, I would like a pony.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#24Petition to Get Ragtime Filmed for DVD release
Posted: 1/5/10 at 11:14am

"I believe that there honestly could be a market Ragtime on Great Performances..."

I believe that there could be a dishonest market...

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Videos