#2FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 5:15pm

Online petitions don't work.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 5:22pm

Tell that to Betty White.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 5:25pm

Generally they work better if you can spell.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#4FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 5:28pm

I thought this petition was for Bernadette Peters' fro.

If so, I'm all for it.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

#5FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 5:53pm

Who's Petersin?

Edna Turnblad Profile Photo
Edna Turnblad
#6FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 5:58pm

I would first wait to see if they sound good, especially Stritch. I don't know if I will like her performance of Liaisons.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#7FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 6:07pm

"Online petitions don't work.'

I agree in general. But just for some random information, apparently SHOSHANA BEAN came to Australia for the Adelaide Cabaret Festival because of a facebook petition.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

aliceripleystheshiz
#8FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 6:09pm

I feel like all I want is "Clowns" and "Glamororous Life"....depends if Stritchs delivering of the song makes me like "Liasons".
Updated On: 7/11/10 at 06:09 PM

aliceripleystheshiz
#9FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 6:16pm

Anyone want to throw out if they know how much this would cost the show? Only a little flat carboard with the disc inside, 3 songs. What I picture is the single CDs like Glee's Dont Stop Believin last summer, but just 2 more tracks.

sondheimfan2 Profile Photo
sondheimfan2
#10FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 6:18pm

"I feel like all I want is "Clowns" and "Glamororous Life"....depends if Stritchs delivering of the songs makes me like it."

Is Stritch playing Desiree? haha
Updated On: 7/11/10 at 06:18 PM

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#11FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 7:51pm

If they just brought Bernadette and Elaina into a Studio and recorded every song they are in over the recording that's already made, would they have to pay the actor's who are already on the recording again? Thats what they did with Brooke Shields replaced Donna Murphy in Wonderful Town. I doubt they had to re-pay that entire cast. If that's true a sampler, if it was released in stores, and a full cd would probably cost the same to make.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#12FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:01pm

They did a CD sampler for Betty Buckley in Sunset, so it can't cost that much and that show was a flop. A CD sampler of Peters and Stritch in a hit show would sell well.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#13FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:11pm

Seeing how it is a huge 7 piece orchestra, this would not be the deciding factor on not doing one with a new cast.

Poster Emeritus

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#14FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:15pm

*8 pieces.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#15FB petition for Stricth & Petersin ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:17pm

Seeing how it is a huge 7 piece orchestra, this would not be the deciding factor on not doing one with a new cast.

It doesn't matter anyway. If they were to re-record they would use the already recorded orchestrations.

aliceripleystheshiz
#16FB petition for Stricth & Peters in ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:26pm

How is it such a hassle to put only a small goup of people (a Fredrika, The other GL people, Alexander Hanson, Bernie, and Stritchie) in a studio to sing with all music ready, and then to release it and have it sell well? Worth it, plus its just amazing.

Bettyboy brings up a good point with the fact that Sunset did record it with Buckley, not to mention epically flop, and although we dont know yet, NIGHT MUSIC should so well for the summer with 2 "stars".

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#17FB petition for Stricth & Peters in ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:29pm

All they need is Bernadette and Elaine. They can place their vocals in with the pre-existing chorus vocals, etc. That's what the Weisslers did with Grease and Wonderful Town.

I would love a sampler with Clowns, Glamorous AND Liaisons. They would obviously include Stritch's big solo.
Updated On: 7/11/10 at 08:29 PM

aliceripleystheshiz
#18FB petition for Stricth & Peters in ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:31pm

True, for a moment there I was doubting my own opinion when sombody mentioned her doing the song. Lansbury freakin talked it, so what do I care. They would NEVER not include her on a sampler for the "new cast".

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#19FB petition for Stricth & Peters in ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:48pm

Can we wait to hear their performances before we insistently *demand* a recording?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#20FB petition for Stricth & Peters in ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:52pm

Bernadette can do no wrong.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000
Updated On: 7/11/10 at 08:52 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#21FB petition for Stricth & Peters in ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:54pm

^ Not according to some people who saw her in Annie Get Your Gun and Gypsy.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#22FB petition for Stricth & Peters in ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/11/10 at 8:56pm

I was half-joking, but does anyone really think that Bernadette needs to 'audition' for us before she records CLOWNS? Pls.

Updated On: 7/11/10 at 08:56 PM

JBSinger
#23FB petition for Stricth & Peters in ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/12/10 at 11:59am

I wrote directly to Tommy Krasker of PS Classics suggesting they re-record "Send in the Clowns" and "Liaisons" with the existing orchestra tracks and make them available for digital download.
He wrote back and said they'd be talking about it with Nonesuch.
crossing fingers.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#24FB petition for Stricth & Peters in ALMN - JOIN
Posted: 7/12/10 at 12:03pm

I'd love an actual reissued cd to go along with the DVD release (fingers crossed).