pixeltracker

SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!

SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 12:58pm

Because God forbid someone put Julie in her place and work on fixing this piece of shlt.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 1:11pm

This just gets crazier and crazier. I will go nuts if I don't see this show.

Just give the world Love.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#3SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 1:36pm

They would want to bring him in under the radar. I am sure it is to protect the "Taymor Brand"

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#4SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 1:59pm

Wouldn't it be great if the actual plot of Spider-man were as exciting as all this?

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

Jordan Catalano
#5SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 2:01pm

Seriously! I said in that other thread they should have the cast just read these threads tothe audience each night.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#6SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 2:02pm

I don't even find any of this that exciting. I am so tired of hearing and reading about this piece of crap. Really tired of it.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#7SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 2:11pm

Jordan, that is what gets me about all of this. It is not like a few people are saying negative things about this show, a lot of people are. Had I been part of the production, after it went into previews, I would have looked to boards like this to see what people were saying especially knowing the word of mouth was not good. I don't know anyone involved personally but it seems that egos are getting in the way to some degree. When that happens, usually everyone else (outside) can see the problems clearly and those involved don't. Just my random thoughts.

Updated On: 2/20/11 at 02:11 PM

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#8SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 2:23pm

Did anyone really believe Ms. Taymor would step aside?????

nexttotheheights Profile Photo
nexttotheheights
#9SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 2:26pm

^Maybe step on, but not aside.

For those who thought NEXT TO NORMAL wouldn't have a life outside Broadway, well it's now playing in 4 cities, 9 different countries and has been translated into 6 languages.

willheim2 Profile Photo
willheim2
#10SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 2:28pm

i think alot of the revisions ideas are good - i would like to see the boxing scene re-imagined, i personally dont care for it...why does such a central part of spidey's myth have to be taymor's most laughably inept imagination on the stage?

gads.

poor girl.

ot, i saw GIGI last night at the REPRISE series here in la la land, it is a thing they do at the UCLA Freud Playhouse, they present productions of classics - they are always extremely well done with excellents casts and directors and a live orchestra playing first rate orchestrations of the score - last night the orchestra was 25 players - pretty damn big.

the set was fairly minimal, so it pulled the attention away from the big romance of paris to the acting and the score and the book and the choreography.

it was absolutely thrilling. people broke into sustained spontaneous applause for peggy hickey's choreography at one point.

it was at that point i realized that i was more thrilled at that moment by the movement on stage than at any time during spider man totd, with all its machinations.

and the book! the characters! five lead characters whose portraits are so amazing, the way the songs propel the book along,

geez.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#11SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 2:40pm

Yea, but they only run two weeks which is why they never spend money on a set.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#12SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 3:40pm

Personally I wouldn't put it past them to be releasing these "stories" themselves just to garner more hype for this piece of crap of a show.

Q
#13SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 3:47pm

I really want this to resolve itself, one way or another. Either open and have a run or close and disappear - I'm sick of hearing about it. It all comes off as pure manipulation at this point, and I'd rather hear about any of the other forms of art/entertainment that are getting ignored while everyone slobbers over this nonsense.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#14SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 4:00pm

Yeah, but I don't think these "stories" are really doing anything positive for the show at this point whether they put them out or not. It was said that it was thought people wanted to see it for the accidents. I think that has even, for lack of a better term, gotten old at this point. JMO

Q
#15SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 4:04pm

Well, by invoking the image of a 'circus', anything that continues to make it look like a drama-filled 'accident-waiting-to-happen' (*ahem*) stokes the fires of curiosity, I think.

peachesr
#16SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 4:04pm

It's got to be for publicity sakes, just to keep the show in the press. I'm baffled as to why people continue to go see this, I'm sure the audience must be made up more of unsuspecting public rather than the theatre savvy now. All the money that has been thrown at this production could have been channelled into something good. I'm all for new musicals but, urgh, make a decision, open it or close it!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#17SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 9:03pm

This is like calling in a doctor after the patient was buried the week before.

Poster Emeritus

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#18SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 9:18pm

It's the good advice
That you just didn't take

Jordan Catalano
#19SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 9:25pm

Mrs. Julie T.
Wants that boy to fly,
She strapped a haaaarness
right on Reeve's behind.

She hoisted his ass right up
So he could take that flight
And as he crashed right down
She thought "Well isn't this nice"

roseaddams Profile Photo
roseaddams
#20SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 10:00pm

I actually believe this one. Like Julie's gonna let anybody touch this but her.

"You mean what was the best picture of the year or what did they pick as the best picture of the year?" - California Suite

westycenterstagejack Profile Photo
westycenterstagejack
#21SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 10:03pm

I dig your Alanis reference, there, Jordan Catalano.

I agree with what somebody earlier said about the beauty of a small show. Julie Taymor IS a genius (The Lion King is proof). But she just bit off more than any human being could chew for SpiderMan TOTD. I'm really disappointed in her for putting a bunch of really hardworking artists through this for the sake of her vision.

I still have a little faith that she will pull it together. But more and more slips away everyday.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#22SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 10:11pm

You know what? I don't think she's a genius. She's visionary. But not a genius. Great visions, rather often. But just as often, she lacks the capacity to back them up.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#23SPIDER-MAN Spokesman Says NO Truth to Co-Director Report!
Posted: 2/20/11 at 10:32pm

Um, wait. I made the Alanis reference first! I thought. You. Should Know.

Jordan, of course, picked right up on it and wrote those brilliant lyrics!

Updated On: 2/20/11 at 10:32 PM

Jordan Catalano

Videos