SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again

macbeth Profile Photo
macbeth
#1SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/22/11 at 9:48pm

Scoop: @SpideyOnBway is doing an industry-only performance tonight... but that didn't keep it from stopping for 5 min just before intermish
http://twitter.com/#!/BroadwayGirlNYC

It's the 114th preview, how could they not have figured this out or cut it by now?

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#2SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:35pm

Have any details? At some point soon their will be no cast left to perform, if someone else got hurt.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#2SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:35pm

Have any details? At some point soon their will be no cast left to perform, if someone else got hurt.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#3SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:38pm

Is this even news at this point?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:42pm

Why were they having an industry only performance?

shomeika Profile Photo
shomeika
#5SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:46pm

injury details

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118034262?refCatId=15

Clint. Atlanta,GA

FindingNamo
#6SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:47pm

To garner insider support?

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#7SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:51pm

shomeika -- THAT injury is from last week. THat is not why the show stopped TONIGHT. We have no info (yet) that there was an injury at all tonight. (And there is already a thread about TV Carpio being out for 2 to 3 weeks.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#8SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/22/11 at 10:56pm

The Goblin/Spidery fight continues to be a huge problem, and I'm banking that that's what happened again. But I also understand why they are loathe to cut it, since it's THE highlight of the show when it all works.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#9SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 1:59am

Here's a link to that specific tweet: http://twitter.com/BroadwayGirlNYC/status/50372231695577088

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Moneyspider
#10SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 2:41am

At this point, it's more the Gwen Stacy musical

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#11SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 2:51am

Moneyspider, I can't believe that I hadn't heard anyone make that terribly incisive joke before.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#13SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 11:14am

Once again, that injury is from a week ago, and is being discussed in a different thread. It has nothing to do with the show stopping last night.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#14SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 11:15am

Once again, that injury is from a week ago, and is being discussed in a different thread. It has nothing to do with the show stopping last night.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

AEA AGMA SM
#15SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 11:51am

With every new safety measure they implemented it also added in one more safety stop that would essentially shut the system down. Every automation system has several emergency stops built in, some are mechanical triggers as well as the standard manual e-stop. With this system there are so many safeties now built in that it is going to be a fairly common thing for the show to be stopped. Really, the only thing that could be done at this point to lessen those stops, without removing the sequence entirely, is to reduce the complexity of the sequence to avoid some of those e-stop triggers.

Jordan Catalano
#16SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 11:58am

So nobody knows why they were having an industry only audience last night?

dave1606
#17SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 1:28pm

It had to do with their partnership with the SyFy network. I believe this was part of upfronts for the fall season no? They had announced awhile ago that after the upfront presentations there would be a performance of Spidey.

lmb1009
#18SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 1:49pm

It was the scene where the Green Goblin and Spidey fight. It was my first time seeing the show so I don’t know exactly what was supposed to happen, but I was sitting in the first row of the balcony and it looked like Spidey missed the landing and nearly slid off. There was no injury- they stopped for about five minutes and never actually finished the fight scene.

Updated On: 3/23/11 at 01:49 PM

lmb1009
#19SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 1:57pm

And yes, the event was the SyFy Upfront

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#20SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 1:59pm

It seems to me as if it is always that Goblin vs. Spidey fight scene at the end of Act I that halts the production. Didn't a stop in this exact scene happen a few weeks ago too during the whole Julie Taymor is fired debacle? *sigh*

willheim2 Profile Photo
willheim2
#21SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 3:27pm

that's the scene that stopped the performance I saw as well.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#22SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 3:34pm

They'll get it right, guys. You're all so negative.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

secondarycharacter2 Profile Photo
secondarycharacter2
#23SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 3:44pm

I was there for the 99th preview, the night before Julie was fired, and they had to stop at the spidey/goblin fight scene. The whole system shuts down automatically, making it very clear that the only live music is coming from the guitarists downstage right. wah-wah.

Jordan Catalano
#24SPIDER-MAN Stops Midshow Again
Posted: 3/23/11 at 4:07pm

You can't judge the show yet, guys. They're still in previews!!

Videos