Mormon Standing Room

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#1Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 11:23am

I am aware that Mormon does do a lotto as well as standing room. Would it jut be easier for me to ditch the lotto and try Standing room? Or not so much. I am not a fan of asking all these rush questions, only because I know that the forum is full of them and they tend to annoy people as a result. However, since I have been living and working upstate for almost a year. Things like rush, which I am usually on top of are now things that I am not on top of because I have been away from it for awhile.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Broadway61004
#2Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 12:06pm

I did standing room for "Mormon" and it was perfectly fine--dead center and could see everything except the very top of the stage which from what I've heard is no big deal. I walked right up to the box office at 7:30 and got the tickets, but this was way back at the 4th preview, so I have no idea what lines for rushstanding room are like now.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#2Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 12:13pm

Ditch lotto. There's something about lotto they don't tell you until you get there: the last third of the seats are in the boxes, and technically partial view.

SRO is far better- it's cheaper, a great view, and if you get there early enough, guaranteed for you.

To get the tickets now, I would say get there about a half hour before they start taking names for the lottery.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Brywal88 Profile Photo
Brywal88
#3Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 1:12pm

I drove up from florida last weekend and stood in line for standing room beginning @ 8:30am for the saturday matinee. The box office opens at 10 but the SRO tix do not get sold until one hour before the show. lotto tix were $32 dollars and SRO were only $27 we stood in line for 4 hours but in my opinion it was totally worth it. veiw was great, show was great. I had 3 people in my party so we all entered the lotto taking turns staying in the SRO line. we lost lotto but were at the front of the line for SRO. If you do both you are almost guaranteed to get into the show especially if you get in the SRO line early enough...supposedly there are 28 SRO tix or something in that ballpark. hope this helps.

Dollypop
#4Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 6:56pm

Is it true that you have to prove that you're a Mormon to get SR tix?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Astrid2 Profile Photo
Astrid2
#5Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 10:28pm

Nope, but three of the winners at the last lottery I went to put the suffix "Elder" before their name.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 10:31pm

Your avatar scares the shlt out of me.

Astrid2 Profile Photo
Astrid2
#7Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 10:35pm

Really? It's my boyfriend James Franco, in one of his wacky art pieces. Perhaps James Franco's conceptual art is too freaky for BWW? I WAS considering switching to a Lee Pace avatar after seeing The Normal Heart today...

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#8Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 10:38pm

How odd. I'm watching 127 HOURS as I type this.

I just expect that picture to start screaming at me and grab me through my phone.

Astrid2 Profile Photo
Astrid2
#9Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 10:42pm

Yes, well that's part of his next performance piece, I'm sure. James Franco: crossing the digital divide.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#10Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 11:21pm

Who was it that once asked Winston "why must you provide so much info that no one cares about when asking a question?" ?

I like them.

jakebloke Profile Photo
jakebloke
#11Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/23/11 at 11:23pm

Can you get 2 tickets if you do standing room?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#12Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/24/11 at 11:20am

Yeah, it's 2 per person.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Dollypop
#13Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/24/11 at 1:36pm

Even if you can prove you're a Mormon?

Little-Lotte Profile Photo
Little-Lotte
#14Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/24/11 at 8:30pm

Are standing room tickets at this theater short people friendly? I'm 5'1 on a good day and I know some theaters have SR where it's impossible for someone short to see.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#15Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/24/11 at 8:32pm

Lotte-I stood for a different show there and I'm about your height and had no trouble at all seeing.

shomeika Profile Photo
shomeika
#16Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/24/11 at 11:04pm

how soon/early should one get there to obtain SRO tix?

Clint. Atlanta,GA

lizliz
#17Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/24/11 at 11:29pm

I was there a couple weeks ago for lotto for the 7 pm show... I asked the people at the front of the line for SRO what time they had arrived, and they said they'd been there since 3 pm.

mee.who
#18Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/25/11 at 7:15am

I did standing room yesterday. I got there at 10 for the matinee and was about 10th in line. The people at the front said they got there at 9:30. It wasn't a bad wait and definitely worth it!

Dollypop
#19Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/25/11 at 7:26am

Are you short?

mee.who
#20Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 4/25/11 at 7:59am

No, and I thought the rail was quite a bit higher than at the Hirschfeld, which is the only other theatre where I've done SR. I think seeing might not be a problem for the shorter crowd, though leaning wouldn't be as comfortable.

lull89 Profile Photo
lull89
#21Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 5/1/11 at 6:25pm

Any updates from this past week? Specifically on weekdays would be appreciated. A friend and I would like to see it on Tuesday, and I'm worried with the Tony noms it might be crazy. Is 3 or so still advisable?

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#22Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 5/2/11 at 9:32am

I'm looking for a answer to this as well. Hoping to get SRO next Tuesday and was planning on getting there around 3 as well, but will get there earlier if needed.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#23Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 5/2/11 at 10:02am

You should be fine with 3 but it really is just a big came of call my bluff with how early to get there. I dread to think after The Tony awards what it will be like

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#24Mormon Standing Room
Posted: 5/4/11 at 2:38pm

I am wanting to try standing room tonight. I wonder if 5:00 would be early enough or should I get there earlier?

Just give the world Love.

Videos