pixeltracker

What Original Show Props Do You Have?- Page 2

What Original Show Props Do You Have?

MattDean Profile Photo
MattDean
#25What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/6/11 at 9:01am

Updated On: 8/6/11 at 09:01 AM

OhTossums2 Profile Photo
OhTossums2
#26What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/6/11 at 12:40pm

I got an American Idiot guitar pic and a giant beach ball signed by the Cagelles from La Cage.

Jealous? I ain't jealous. I can take on these fellas whateva.

AGermano
#27What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/8/11 at 1:05pm

American Idiot - "Love Happened Here" flyers, 12 guitar pics, two "drug" bags, Will's lighter, Johnny's "12th Street" nametag, Letterbomb, drumstick.

Pricilla- Champagne bottle cork & ping-pong ball

HAIR - flower, Be-In poster, a "joint"

that's all i can remember having for now.. haha

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#28What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/8/11 at 1:10pm

$500 from the current Menier production of Road Show
The original London Boq in Wicked's Tin Man wigcap (don't ask)

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#29What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/8/11 at 1:16pm

A plastic apple from the most recent Gypsy revival, several ping pong balls from Billy Elliot, Billy Elliot acceptance letter.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#30What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/8/11 at 1:26pm

The guitar picks of Gerard Canonico and Declan Bennett from AMERICAN IDIOT. Also, I got the "Love Happened Here" flyers (enough to actually form the backdrop for when I framed my Playbill and Program)

A rose from Roxie's bouquet from CHICAGO.

Be-In Flyer from HAIR.

I've also recieved flowers from numerous shows:
A lily from Christine Lahti (at her final perf of GOD OF CARNAGE), daisies from the tribe at HAIR (Back in Feb, 2010), and a what seemed like a whole bouquet of Gladiolas from ALL ABOUT ME.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

LegallyBroadway2
#31What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/8/11 at 2:32pm

I've got the contract prop from Little Shop revival with Hunter Foster, and one of the maaaaannnyyyyyy So Much Better internship list!

littlegreen2 Profile Photo
littlegreen2
#32What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/8/11 at 4:27pm

I have one of the red bull cans that Mackenzie Mauzy used as Natalie in Next to Normal (signed by her). I saw her before I got to see Meghann and it moved me beyond words so my friend bought it for me.

I also have a piece of the music box from Next to Normal signed by both Marin Mazzie and Alice Ripley. Marin signed it first, and when Alice signed it, she signed ALL AROUND Marin's name. It's actually pretty funny.

I have several daisies and be-in posters from HAIR. They also handed out roses the other night, so I have one of those too.

"I will not cease from mental fight, nor shall my sword sleep in my hand: Till we have built Jerusalem in England's green and pleasant land."

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#33What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/8/11 at 4:31pm

a

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

kellymarie465 Profile Photo
kellymarie465
#34What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/8/11 at 10:47pm

AMERICAN IDIOT
- Will's postcard (signed by Michael Esper)
- 2 bags of St. Jimmy's glitter (signed by Tony Vincent)

HAIR
- Flower
- Be In posters

RENT
- Candle
- Matches from the Cat Scratch Club
- Mimi's 'Without You' stash ... which I took from the filming of Rent: Filmed Live on B'way 8.20.08

ROCK OF AGES
- Stacee Jaxx's thongs that he flings into the audience (signed by James Carpenillo)
- a bag of Dennis' glitter (signed)

I bought everything at the Broadway Flea Market! And I can't wait to get more :)

Updated On: 8/8/11 at 10:47 PM

Rage and Love Profile Photo
Rage and Love
#35What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/8/11 at 11:03pm

A guitar pick from Miguel Cervantes from American Idiot. Idiot confetti and a "Love Happened Here" flyer. Also two letters from Phantom that I purchased from the Flea Market for like a quarter each!

"And that was that or so it seemed. Is this the end or the beginning? All I know is, she was right. I am an idiot. It’s even on my birth certificate in so many words. This is my rage. This is my love. This is my town. This is my city. This is my life."

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#36What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/8/11 at 11:11pm

The Declaration of Independence, used on stage and signed by the cast of the first national tour of "1776." I was seven at the time, and my mom had a friend in the show, so they gave it to me after the performance when we went backstage. George Hearn and Rex Everhart's signatures are on there (it's weird because some signed their real names and others signed their character's names).

Two of my mom's costumes from her Broadway shows in the late '50s. One of the dresses is designed by Patricia Zipprodt.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

hairspraydude1962
#37What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/9/11 at 12:08am

I have an Ultra Clutch hairspray can used in the Broadway production.

Not Broadway, but I also have one of the Dynamites' (Nadine Ellis) Hefty Hideaway uniforms, used in the 2007 film.
Updated On: 8/9/11 at 12:08 AM

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#38What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/9/11 at 12:41am

I caught a guitar pick while dancing onstage during the first month of HAIR's revival. I have a Be-In flyer too.

lstbutifulgrl2
#39What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/9/11 at 12:49am

Rent:

Several "stashes", matches from Light My Candle, guitar pics, the phone booth shell from the junk tree on the set at the nederlander.

American Idiot:

Guitar pics, and the magazine Esper read during TMTS

Rock of Ages:

Stacee Jaxx panties, guitar pics, and a demolition poster

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent
Updated On: 8/9/11 at 12:49 AM

Aswatrowinkenbo Profile Photo
Aswatrowinkenbo
#40What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/9/11 at 2:18pm

Not exactly a prop, but I have a box of used microphone batteries from ALADDIN at the 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle.

I also have a piece of "Sherry" sheet music from JERSEY BOYS autographed by Frankie Valli.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#41What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/9/11 at 2:30pm

The Declaration of Independence, used on stage and signed by the cast of the first national tour of "1776." I was seven at the time, and my mom had a friend in the show, so they gave it to me after the performance when we went backstage. George Hearn and Rex Everhart's signatures are on there (it's weird because some signed their real names and others signed their character's names).

That's an awesome prop to have, though.

I don't have anything very exciting: just a be-in poster from Hair and an apple, part of June's letter, Let Me Entertain You sheet music and a signed prop marriage certificate from LuPone's Gypsy.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

xoffender45
#42What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/16/11 at 2:27pm

Today, I received the straw hat worn by Jon Cryer during Side By Side By Side in the Company/NY Philharmonic concerts. It was a totally unexpected, and incredibly pleasant surprise from a friend who works for Lincoln Center.

Idiot Profile Photo
Idiot
#43What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/16/11 at 4:35pm

Charcoal sketch of Dot by George from the revival of SUNDAY at Studio 54.

fosca3 Profile Photo
fosca3
#44What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/16/11 at 5:07pm

I'm now the proud owner of a mud-stained Trivial Pursuit card, with dried muddy grass on it, from JERUSALEM

You don't go to the dragon without a present - Mark Rylance

Dawn Davenport Profile Photo
Dawn Davenport
#45What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/17/11 at 3:16pm

I have a rough sketch Tim Curry drew in charcoal of a woman's head when he played the artist William Hogarth in "The Art of Success" many years ago, off-Broadway. I was in the front row and the theare was small and "in the round" so my seat was right on the stage, basically.

He drew the sketch and threw it on the floor in a rage (in character) and I kept eyeballing it until the show was over. Me and a man a few seats down both went for it, and he, being a gentleman, smiled and let me take it.

Me, being a lady, took it :)

(still have it too!)

fosca3 Profile Photo
fosca3
#46What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 8/17/11 at 5:07pm

I'm VERY jealous

That would be a wonderful souvenir to have What Original Show Props Do You Have?

You don't go to the dragon without a present - Mark Rylance

tiffanyjade Profile Photo
tiffanyjade
#47What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/20/11 at 5:52pm

I always wanted a guitar pick from american idiot!! Seen it 12 times and never got one :'( someone should give me one.
But I did get a couple love happened here flyers. I miss that show alot....

Emmaloucbway
#48What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/20/11 at 6:14pm

Got these at the Flea Market this year:
- A Wizomania ticket used in WICKED
- A FOLLIES invitation signed by Susan Watson
- A note from POTO
- A broken record from MEMPHIS
- A ballet school invitation from BILLY ELLIOT

And i also managed to grab a newspaper from NEWSIES when i saw it! ^_^

bwaysteve2
#49What Original Show Props Do You Have?
Posted: 10/20/11 at 9:01pm

My Finale hat and shoes from A Chorus Line 35 yrs. ago.Wardrobe gave them to us when we left the show (unless you were a total pain)The hats were custom made by Woody Shelp and were balanced, and fit so well they would stick like a magnet with all those tips of the hat.The shoes are taupe patent leather with the tounges cut out for the quick change.

Videos