pixeltracker

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4- Page 2

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4

dragonlp86 Profile Photo
dragonlp86
#25CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 7:47pm

Oh, wow. I didn't see this coming. At least not so soon.

massofmen
#26CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 7:47pm

I am sure all those actors who took the job of that show thought they had steady jobs for years coming off the success of hairspray from the same team.

Is casey nicholaw the next Hal prince? His shows seems to be the ones that keep doing well over and over. I once though Jack obrien cold do no wrong. Then came IMpressionism and Love Never Dies and now this...huh

Mattbrain
#27CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 7:51pm

Oh boy...I know this is unrelated but if Catch Me is going this soon, I wonder how much longer Sister Act will last.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

beautywickedlover
#28CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 7:51pm

That's too bad, the show had such a talented cast and creative team. Unfortunately, it got mixed reviews and word of mouth couldn't help it. Also, these are difficult financial times so it couldn't really survive the fall and early winter when it is hard for new shows to make their weekly nut.

Updated On: 8/10/11 at 07:51 PM

shrekster224 Profile Photo
shrekster224
#29CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 7:54pm

I'll bet they already offered Joe Cassidy and Jay the tour. Doesn't seem like Aaron or Norbert would really hold onto it for any longer, especially after the 5th Avenue run. Hopefully Alex Ellis is Brenda!

I wish it would have at least held on until January.

LegallyBroadway2
#30CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 8:13pm

oh noooo D: horrible news. . . . I love this score so so much. Such a talented cast.

castlestreet Profile Photo
castlestreet
#31CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 8:17pm

Very very shocked to see this shutter so soon- I too thought January would be its time- with Pricilla posting low numbers and summer coming to an end in the next few weeks... there may be a lot more landscape available than Reidel thought

Tateh Profile Photo
Tateh
#32CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 8:24pm

Bad news for me. Had a ticket for 7th.....so sorry

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#33CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 8:25pm

What a shame. A really fun show with great cast & score.

Poster Emeritus

pinoyidol2006 Profile Photo
pinoyidol2006
#34CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 8:42pm

That's unfortunate. I was expecting the show to run longer. I do hope Norbert goes on tour.

I like your imperturbable perspicacity.

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#35CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 8:47pm

I dont understand why the show wasnt embraced by audiences and critics alike. One of the best things I have ever seen. That first preview was one of the best nights I've ever had in the theatre. So sad to see it go. Hoping Norbert will tour although, I wont be shocked if he doesnt. Best of luck to all involved.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#36CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 8:55pm

Although I didn't like this show one bit, I really thought it would have lasted until the end of the year.

hairspraydude1962
#37CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 9:10pm

Wow! I wasn't expecting it to close this soon.

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#38CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 9:12pm

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4 What a shame. This deserved to run a lot longer than a few months.

Everything in life...is only for now.

PremierFan
#39CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 9:14pm

Jay is right - this is one incredible show. Such a talented cast and terrific score. The audiences were very receptive to this show, but the critics didn't give it a chance. Glad I didn't listen to them. Hope it does well on the road.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#40CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 9:39pm

So sad to see this show go (and so soon too!) I thought, like many have stated on here, that the show would have at least made it through the New Year. Talented cast and creative team, and I wish them all the best. I look forward to seeing what Aaron and Norbert will do next in their careers!

Dennis-in-ct Profile Photo
Dennis-in-ct
#41CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 9:48pm

I am sad to hear this CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#42CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 10:04pm

Sad news, but at least an album was made of a terrific score. (At least, I thought it was terrific.)

Barcelona Profile Photo
Barcelona
#43CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 10:10pm

Wow, this is surprising!

EarthLuau
#44CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 10:17pm

It'll be a totally emotional moment when Aaron sings "Goodbye" on closing night. Sigh.

Sophiia Profile Photo
Sophiia
#45CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 10:24pm

Wow. I, along with everyone else, was shocked at this announcement. Knew it wouldn't last too long, but I thought maybe a full year. What a shame. I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed this show, although I do think it didn't live up to its potential. Hope Jay and Alex get to participate in the tour, and excited to see what comes next for Aaron and Norbert! Best of luck to everyone involved with the show.

And I agree, EarthLuau- I can't even imagine how it will feel for Aaron to sing "Goodbye" for the last time. What a moment.

wkdfan
#46CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 10:42pm

Kickin myself that I didn't see this a 2nd time. I went in not expecting much, but I had a great time. Tveit and Butz had great chemistry.
I've seen all 3 of the current 'film to stage productions' and this is by far the best. Priscilla? Even the $40 front row seat didn't improve my opinion. And I am someone who can enjoy a jukebox show if it's done well. Sister Act just couldn't hold my interest, even though I was again in the front row, though I was glad that there was original music.

Try to catch it if you can before it closes.

leland
#47CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 11:19pm

Totally surprised that this show only went for 170.
What I liked especially about this production was the cohesiveness of the songbook--it was of one piece. Very consistent. And very entertaining! I don't understand why this
show didn't hit a home run...

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#48CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 11:20pm

I think it is a totally okay show, but it never seemed to have any really passionate supporters. I don't know anyone who hated it, but I also don't know anyone who loved it. I NEVER would have thought going into last season that I'd personally end up preferring Sister Act, but I guess you really just never know.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#49CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
Posted: 8/9/11 at 11:28pm

Damn!

I loved this show.
So much talent.

SO sorry to hear this news.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."