ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#25Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 8/22/11 at 10:51pm

Apparently!

PiraguaGuy2
#26Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 8/22/11 at 10:55pm

Wow. That's ridiculous. When was the last time a show did that?

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

KirbyCat
#27Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 8/23/11 at 12:45pm

War Horse and Mary Poppins are College/University only as well.
(Though I did see Poppins, and they didn't even ask for my ID. They just said "Yes! We have two student discount seats in the front mezzanine just for you!"
They were very nice!)

mattywhits Profile Photo
mattywhits
#28Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 8/24/11 at 12:09pm

Went at 11 today to see if they had any left and they were sold out of student rush for the evening, but had "about a half dozen" for the matinee- one of which is now mine, and I'm so very excited. Strange that they sold out of evening tix before matinee tix though, I thought.

TonyVincent Profile Photo
TonyVincent
#29Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 8/24/11 at 9:30pm

I don't get why you'd make it college only. Young, (mostly) jobless theater fans are young, (mostly) jobless theater fans, right? What does it matter how advanced?

TheHappyPhantom
#30Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 8/25/11 at 3:29am

has anyone been in the orchestra for rush??? I'm deciding if I should rush or do tix booth. I want the best seat possible for this show, but am on a bit of a budget.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#31Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 8/25/11 at 3:32am

I believe the seats are still in the mezz.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#32Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 9/1/11 at 10:13pm

I'm debating rushing tomorrow...what time would you all suggest getting there? Thanks in advance!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#33Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 9/1/11 at 10:22pm

You should be fine if you get there by 9.

maybethistime2 Profile Photo
maybethistime2
#34Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 9/2/11 at 6:01pm

Rushed twice.
The first time on a sunday, got there at 11:20, there were about 20 people ahead of me in line, got none.
Second time, wednesday, got there at 09:45, there were about 15 people ahead of me and I got to see the show. loved it, btw :)
Good luck, rushers!

matineeidol2013 Profile Photo
matineeidol2013
#35Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 9/14/11 at 6:57pm

Hello my fellow theatre aficionados, I was planning on rushing Follies this Saturday. Does anybody have updates on how rush has been?

I'll take the wind and soar.

Phantom487
#36Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 9/25/11 at 7:43pm

Planning on trying to get rush tickets for this Thursday (the 29th) - but I need 3, and since it's 2 per ID, I need another person. Any person looking for a single ticket willing to help me out?? I'll buy you Starbucks!! Question re: FOLLIES rush                 PM me!!

peijenna
#37Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 10/5/11 at 7:58pm

I am coming into the city October 30th and would like to see Follies. Anyone know how student rush has been lately? Seat locations ?

TracyLord Profile Photo
TracyLord
#38Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 10/5/11 at 8:29pm

I rushed the matinee on the 9/25 and ended up in the Orchestra. The seats were slightly partial view, but nothing too frustrating.

Phantom487
#39Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 10/5/11 at 11:29pm

I rushed FOLLIES last Thursday (9/29)... got there around 7:30am, and there were already 3 people in line. By the time the Box Office opened, there we're probably about 16 or 18 people in line. Everyone got tickets. All in the Mezz - 7th or 8th row.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#40Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 10/23/11 at 1:39pm

Anyone done student rush for this recently? Is it getting harder to get tickets?

I'm planning on rushing over Thanksgiving weekend... is this a miserable idea?

moljul Profile Photo
moljul
#41Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 10/26/11 at 4:44pm

I'll ask as well PianoMann. I'm planning to rush on Friday, November 11th which is Veteran's Day so some people have a long weekend. Would I be foolish to not get there until 8 or 8:30? Is Saturday rush more difficult than a week day (in other words do you have to get there even earlier)? Any advice would be appreciated. Also what is the rundown on the procedure. Do you have to have cash?

Thanks.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#42Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 11/2/11 at 6:58pm

Anyone have any advice on this? I want to try to make a decision to rush or buy tickets for the Saturday after Thanksgiving rather soon. Any advice on that weekend in general or how Follies student rush has been is much appreciated!

TracyLord Profile Photo
TracyLord
#43Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 11/2/11 at 7:13pm

Last time I rushed (Friday Oct. 28th) there were only four of us in line when the box office opened...but it was the first day that the temperature really dropped, so that may have had something to do with it.

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#44Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 11/23/11 at 6:27pm

any recent times/thoughts for rushing this Friday?

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

NYCBound91
#45Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 11/23/11 at 9:09pm

I walked past the box office around 11 last Sunday, only an hour before the box office opened, and there were only about 12 people there. But considering that it's Thanksgiving weekend, I would probably try to get there relatively early.

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#46Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 12/14/11 at 11:20pm

bump! anybody been recently?

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

bwayfan7000
#47Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 12/14/11 at 11:23pm

I was there this past Saturday. I was planning on getting there around 8 but ended up on line right at 9, and I was only 9th on line. There were about 30 people there total. I got a rear orchestra seat, row U, dead center. It seemed like the box office guy was pulling off a big stack of tickets, so I think this has become a fairly easy rush to do and the seats are very good for the price.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

emilyfaye48 Profile Photo
emilyfaye48
#48Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 12/14/11 at 11:25pm

oooo great! Thinking about trying my luck for either that or B&C but I don't finish work until 1ish so I figured it was kinda a shot in the dark for both. we'll see!

Without bread we'd just be hungry but without theatre we'd be dead

bwayfan7000
#49Question re: FOLLIES rush
Posted: 12/14/11 at 11:46pm

I would be willing to bet that tickets for Follies would probably be gone by 1:00 if you go on the weekend, but if it's during the week, they might still have them. Also, I don't know if you've seen On a Clear Day yet, but you could probably get that rush around 1 on any day and it's worth $30, I think.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

Videos