pixeltracker

Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys

Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 8:53pm

Closing ain't so bad, not if you both close together.....

Who's there tweeting live??? And just remember kids, whoever screams the loudest after a song ends, wins.

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#2Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 8:55pm

It actually is sad. I'll miss the show. It closed far too soon and it's unfortunate, not to mention all of the people out of work as a result.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

Jordan Catalano
#2Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 8:56pm

I loved the show. It's the fans (as usual) that make me want to kick a baby.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 9:03pm

I'm sorry I didn't get to see it.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Starcarolina
#5Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 9:14pm

I had this show on my "must see" list for my trip to NYC in January, and I am sorry I will not be able to see it. Win a few; lose a few...I still will see any Frank Wildhorn show I can whether or not it is a regional or Broadway production. I enjoy being delusional at times.

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#6Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 9:15pm

Jordan - I understand what you mean. Jeremy Jordan will be the next Aaron Tveit among the 14-year-olds (if he isn't already). Sad since I actually think he's good looking and talented.

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#7Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 9:23pm

^ Exactly. He already has quite a few creepy fans.

thismyshow
#8Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 9:29pm

I'm here now......

Updated On: 12/30/11 at 09:29 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#8Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 9:39pm

You're who know? Bonnie?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#9Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 9:41pm

I heart Blaxx.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#10Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 9:41pm

oops

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."
Updated On: 12/30/11 at 09:41 PM

Jordan Catalano
#11Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/30/11 at 9:53pm

That sounds like something a little girl living in a haunted house whispers to her parents before they tuck her into bed.
Updated On: 12/30/11 at 09:53 PM

Wishing Only Wounds Profile Photo
Wishing Only Wounds
#12Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 12:29am

So, I don't feel like being that person to start a new thread about it... but if anyone went.. I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd be curious to hear how it went.

Formerly: WishingOnlyWounds2 - Broadway Legend - Joined: 9/25/08

PlayItAgain
#13Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 12:37am

Just got back

I thought the show was just meh, obviously leagues better then wonderland (not saying much) but just was bland no real energy.

There was a lot of wooing after songs and when jeremy and laura came out for the first time they were greeted with loud applause, also just a weird irony hearing them sing the song Dyin Aint So Bad....

there was also no curtain speech....

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#14Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 12:39am

I was there and it was great way to send off the cast. The audience was enthusiastic, but not overbearing. "Dyin' Ain't So Bad" did grind the show to a halt though and I was happy Laura could soak in that applause and appreciation for her performance one last time.

I thought the show was flawed, but a good deal of fun, and damn is that score catchy! At least we'll have the cast recording soon.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#15Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 1:04am

I was there too. First/last time seeing the show and I actually really enjoyed it. The second act dragged - did every moment need a pop song? - but I loved Laura and Jeremy, as well as Claybourne, Melissa and Louis. The audience was over-enthusiastic at times, but otherwise well-behaved. I wished there was a chance to give Jeremy as big an applause as Laura got after her big number.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Vagabond Anarchist Profile Photo
Vagabond Anarchist
#16Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 2:27am

So sad to see the show go. Thanks to those who have posted details about tonight's performance. Curious to hear how things were at the stage door if anyone went by there...

PopAria Profile Photo
PopAria
#17Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 4:25am

I spoke to Melissa afterward and I cried.

Still feel the same as I did after the first preview: enjoyed the music but ... I wish there was a jazz hands and tap number..., but I'm happy with the end result, though it shoulda been called The Ballad of Bonnie & Clyde instead.Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys

I overheard someone say that they wished the beginning didn't show the end and that maybe we'd connect more with the characters if we didn't see their ending so soon-- I agree.

bobbybaby85
#18Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 5:00am

Updated On: 2/20/18 at 05:00 AM

PlayItAgain
#19Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 6:05am

@poparia that possible was me you overheard saying that, i just felt that even though there demise is already pretty well known it just sucks any dramatic tension out of the whole show when you know they die in the first 10 second , its like why am I now going to make a emotional investment in these characters for the next 2 hours, them dead in the car should have been the last thing we saw, it would have been a much more powerful ending.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#20Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 6:45am

One of the many flaws. That's exactly what I thought the SECOND we saw the shot -- and then the fact that you don't ACTUALLY return to the same exact visual makes it incomplete.

I was so bored I was rooting for the end everytime I saw the car.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

everythingstaboo Profile Photo
everythingstaboo
#21Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 8:42am

I went last night and thought it was the best performance of the show I had seen. I know the show had flaws, but I just really enjoy it and all the performances. All of the actors gave it, with some moments of tears. I am glad Laura got that big applause after "Dying Aint So Bad" because she deserved it. I also liked how they took the song down for Melissa in "You Love Who You Love" because she is trying to save her voice for the recording. It was an interesting switch and I actually kind of liked it. Jeremy Jordan's performance for me was one of the highlights of this show. I think he did a great job with what he was given. Only one bow, and no curtain speeches.

The stage door was pretty crazy. Lots and lots of people and I left after a bit of standing there, but it seemed everyone came out and took the time to sign for everyone.

All in all a great night out at the theatre, and can't wait for the recording!

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#22Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 11:23am

It's such a shame that this show closed so soon. I absolutely love the score and can't wait for the cast recording. Best of luck to everyone involved with the show on their future ventures!

i_love_megan
#23Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 1:36pm

I personally loved that the show opens with the image of Bonnie and Clyde in the car dead, I tuned in more to the story. I think it is much more intriguing to go through the evening exploring why and how these two kids became the way they did and seeing exactly why they died the way they did. I thought it was a wonderful artistic choice to make so that the relationships and characters become more important than the outcome. I loved seeing this show and I think it is sad that everyone wants to see an original piece of theatre yet when a new musical came along, it was void of any real support.

michellek45
#24Bonnie & Clyde's Final Show Is Happening RIGHT NOW, You Guys
Posted: 12/31/11 at 1:43pm

I agree with the people who said that the opening was effective- the first time I saw it, I almost jumped out of my seat. Then at the end I was tense because I was just waiting for the gunshots to come again, since I knew exactly what happened. I also think, like I said in the other thread, that having the big shoot-out at the end would be too reminiscent of the movie, and it was a good choice not to do it the same way.

Videos