Jordan Catalano
#2First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/15/12 at 5:00pm

I approve this.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#2First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/15/12 at 10:06pm

This looks like it is going to be steamyyyy.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#3First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/15/12 at 10:11pm

Quite a change from the prostitute Linda Eder played:

First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H

They're definitely going for a steamier production this go 'round. Calhoun has already as much. It should be interesting. I assume they're going to use Bring on the Men and not the infinitely inferior Good 'n Evil.

Updated On: 6/15/12 at 10:11 PM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#4First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/15/12 at 10:26pm

Wildhorn posted some pictures on Facebook of the set for an upcoming production... It would be awesome if the design for the tour was similar...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.407460205932302.107485.211932492151742&type=3

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#5First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/15/12 at 10:34pm

That press photo of Maroulis and Cox looks like the old Meat Loaf promotional photos.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#6First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/15/12 at 10:58pm

"Bring on the Men" will most definitely be in the musical - its been in every production ever minus the Broadway production.

I'm more curious if "If You Only Knew," the new song debuted by Brandi Burkhardt on the Resurrection CD will make the cut or not.

None-the-less, the picture excites me - its going to be a great production.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#7First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/15/12 at 11:03pm

It would be nice if they, musically, did the concept cd/album. So glad I saw the tour before B'way.

Just give the world Love.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#8First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/15/12 at 11:06pm

It's a re-invention of the musical (as most productions around the world are), but expect more of the Resurrection album, a rock-fueled production. I'm sure Jeff Calhoun will do a great job.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#9First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/15/12 at 11:13pm

It kind of looks like they both shop at Hot Topic.

I really liked the Broadway production aside from "Good and Evil," but if the plan is to make this production a little more rock and roll and more like the resurrection CD then I'm interested in seeing if they can do that and still make it feel period.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#10First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/16/12 at 2:36pm

adamgreer - true it looks steamier but will be tough to match Eder's voice in J&H

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#11First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/20/12 at 6:26pm

I'll be glad to see "The World Has Gone Insane" back on stage. It's truthfully the only number from the Alley premiere that I think was missing from the 1997 OBC.

When it comes to fight over "No One Knows Who I Am" versus "Bring On The Men," I don't have an opinion. Both suit me fine and work, so it's 12 of one a dozen of the other.

I'll be seeing this when it comes through Houston. My review will post to houston.broadwayworld.com.

EDIT: As Philly03 pointed out... I do mean "Good N Evil"... not "No One Knows Who I Am." Updated On: 6/21/12 at 06:26 PM

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#12First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/20/12 at 7:24pm

^ I think you mean "Good 'n Evil" in place of "Bring on the Men."

I actually liked the shortened version of "No One Knows Who I Am" in front of "Good 'n Evil," kind of a look into who Lucy is. The things directors do with this musical, most especially in the UK is ridiculous. "This is the Moment" reprises at the wedding, "No One Knows who I Am" before the death,... ridiculous!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#13First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/20/12 at 8:13pm

I think you mean:
"6 of one half dozen of another".

onedaymore Profile Photo
onedaymore
#14First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/20/12 at 8:55pm

Does anyone know who's playing Emma?

Whoever says money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to shop. - Bo Derek

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#15First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/20/12 at 9:20pm

Has it been confirmed that "The World Has Gone Insane" is in? I figured it would be since Constantine is a "rocker," but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

CurtainPullDowner
#16First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/20/12 at 9:54pm

This could actually work. Go the rock/Bway road.
I'm not sure if Calhoun has the balls to take it all the way.
A tasteful nude scene between them would not be out of context.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#17First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/21/12 at 1:43am

I have yet to be impressed by anything Calhoun has done. I'm not sure why he keeps getting work, but whatever. I'm sure this will be bland as all get out.

CurtainPullDowner
#18First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/21/12 at 2:23am

I agree Rippedman.
The only time Calhoun caught my eye was the BIG RIVER revival, but once I saw other DefWest shows I saw he borrowed a lot, but that show was inspiring.
Everything else was pedestrian.
Anyone see BROOKLYN? Wow.
I would love it if he would just freak and turn this kinky, J&H has dirty sexual themes, whores, drugs, pimps, it could be a lot of fun.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#19First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/21/12 at 2:32am

Calhoun reportedly reportedly did the bulk of the choreogpahy for Will Rogers Follies (even if it was borrowed from other sources), which is one of the highlights of that show, but he no longer choreographs his own shows anyway...

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#20First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/21/12 at 1:23pm

I have not seen that "The World Has Gone Insane" is in it, but if this production is more in line with the RESURRECTION album, which is what has been posted here, then that song should be in it.

Furthermore, TUTS is running a special on their upcoming season on TV here in Houston. They interviewed Frank Wildhorn and he did say that ACT II is different from the previous Broadway version because it has music that never made it to Broadway put into it. I think that's a pretty good indication that "The World Has Gone Insane" will be in the show this time around. It may also mean that "Streak of Madness" will replace "Obsession" and that "Angst" and "Angst 2" will be added in. I guess it could also mean that the finale has been changed too and that facade has fewer reprises?

Time will tell.

Anyone seeing the premiere in La Mirada, CA from September 7-30?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#21First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/21/12 at 1:30pm

I really did not care for the Resurrection recording.

Nothing against hard rock musicals, but I guess because I was familiar with the score (all 17 revisions of it) arranged in a "Broadway pop" manner the difference was too jarring for me to appreciate.

Maybe it will work better on stage.

....but the world goes 'round

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#22First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/21/12 at 1:36pm

Question-Since the Board of Governors scene is not on the Resurrection recording, are we to believe it won't exist in the subsequent production?

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#23First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/21/12 at 1:45pm

Yes... but can they top the David Hasselhoff DVD???

Lefou Profile Photo
Lefou
#24First pic of Maroulis & Cox in Bway bound J&H
Posted: 6/21/12 at 2:37pm

"If You Only Knew" didn't make the cut...however, 'Bitch, Bitch, Bitch' is back as is 'Girls of the Night.

And yes, they will be using 'Bring on the Men'.

Updated On: 6/21/12 at 02:37 PM