pixeltracker

Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway- Page 3

Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway

Leadingplayer
#50Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 9:05pm

Shia just tweeted a NY Times story about Baldwin's fight with Jan Maxwell.

Shia's mad!

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#51Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 9:29pm

Sulyboy is probably director Dan Sullivan.

willep
#52Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 9:29pm

My assumption would be that Sulyboy is Daniel Sullivan.

Apparently frogfan beat me to that. Updated On: 2/20/13 at 09:29 PM

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#53Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 9:30pm

So he was fired because he's crap?

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Johnnycantdecide Profile Photo
Johnnycantdecide
#54Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 9:31pm

Shia is giving us the Broadway twitter meltdown of the century.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#55Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 9:37pm

Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway

@thecampaignbook Depth of friendship does not depend on length of acquaintance. Tom = good dude - good actor. pic.twitter.com/EHy0KHlm3M

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#56Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 9:37pm

I doubt Jon Groff will do this because of RED in LA. March 14-17. Orphans starts the 19 of March, but rehersals for both will conflict.
Jon Groff in Red

chrisampm2
#57Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 10:07pm

There's just 2 days of rehearsal, but it all conflicts. Still, he could drop out if he wanted. There are the bigger issues of his being completely wrong for Treat. And doesn't he have to be available if the HBO show goes?

Mattbrain
#58Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 10:19pm

Well isn't this just a regular cluster****.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Leadingplayer
#59Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 10:24pm

The weird part is Treat is a really angry role...if they had put all this stuff into the play it could have worked.

FindingNamo
#60Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 10:25pm

Angry? John Gallagher, Jr.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Leadingplayer
#61Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 10:30pm

The other weird thing is that with apparently all the fighting between Baldwin and Shia.....it is usually the third actor (whoever plays Phillip) that steals the show.

Owen22
#62Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 10:51pm

I'm sorry, but did you see his audtion tape? That kid is talented! Probably f*cked up, but such naturalism!! I just assumed he was Transformer Movie Boy, talented enough but I wouldn't have seen the show anyway. NOW I wish he was back in it so I could see him. I hope he gets over whatever is wrong with him and comes back and do a show. Cause I will go see that!

Updated On: 2/20/13 at 10:51 PM

mybigsplash Profile Photo
mybigsplash
#63Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/20/13 at 11:55pm

...Shia Lebouf couldn't do the accent, and Alec Baldwin called him on it.

This play will go the way of "Sweet Bird of Youth" when Franco bowed out.

Stephen: "Could you grab me a coffee?" Me: "Would you like that with all the colors of the wind?"

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#64Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 12:27am

So if Orphans goes out in a blaze of glory, can The Glass Menagerie go into the Schoenfeld?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#65Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 12:50am

No dis to Groff, but pick any random person on the street and I'm sure they've at least heard of Shia's name.

And I feel sorry for the actor that has to step into this.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#66Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 1:57am

I dont't know if any average Joe will know his name. Maybe, if you had said that he was the kid in the Transformers movies, you might have people go " Oh, now I know who you're talking about." But, I don't think that they would know him by name alone.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

boylikethat Profile Photo
boylikethat
#67Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 2:51am

Shia showed great potential back in his Disney days. He was terrific on Even Stevens and I enjoyed his work in Holes, Tru Confessions and The Greatest Game Ever Played. Then he made the terrible choice of doing a string of bad blockbusters (Eagle Eye, Indiana Jones, Transformers). I was really hoping Orphans was going to be a turnaround for him. Instead this happened.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#68Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 4:38am

"This play will go the way of "Sweet Bird of Youth" when Franco bowed out."

You mean an acclaimed run in Chicago with, probably, two better actors in the lead?

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#69Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 5:59am

There are only about 10,000 other actors who could do a better job than LeDouche.

I'm sure the producers can find someone to replace him and still make it for this season.

I mean he's a C list actor. How hard is he to replace?

....but the world goes 'round

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#70Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 8:04am

So according to the NY Times, he didn't quit, he was fired. Huh.

Roscoe
#71Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 9:30am

Sturridge's little e-mail is sweet, but the little sentence about Shia Labeouf lifting the play "to a place higher than it maybe deserves to be" is going to go over really well with Lyle Kessler, isn't it.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#72Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 9:35am

I do love that Groff boy, but he can't play any character more dangerous than a marshmallow.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#73Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 9:38am

Sounds to me like LaBeouf, an inexperienced stage actor, was trying to give an opening night performance on the first day of rehearsals.

People I know who have worked with Sullivan claim he's a very hands-off director in terms of directing actors (i.e. he gently nudges talent in the right direction rather than digging in and micromanaging their work).

LaBeouf needed a micromanager to get him back to basics, Sullivan wasn't it, Baldwin knew it, and had him fired.

Just my theory.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Owen22
#74Shia LaBeouf & Alec Baldwin to Lead ORPHANS on Broadway
Posted: 2/21/13 at 10:26am

I don't get it.Why are you all being so mean to him? Why is he a douche? He seems like he had a pretty messed up childhood and overcame some things but still has some demons. Some of you people are just awful.

Plus, did you watch his audition tape? There were some brilliant moments in it. Or are some of you way too evil-bitchy to even contemplate someone so "icky" could be talented?