pixeltracker

Breaking: Tony Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Up for Best Actress But Recognized

Breaking: Tony Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Up for Best Actress But Recognized

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#2Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:20pm

What is the special honor for the Matilda girls? They get cotton candy and a balloon? And why aren't they again?

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#4Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:21pm

This doesn't surprise me at all considering the Matilda's were "snubbed" by the other major theatre award nominating commitees, never understood why posters on here continued to ignore that fact. I am kind of surprised Nielsan and Carvel aren't considered featured and instead will be leading.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#5Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:22pm

Damn, Best Actress in a Play is really gonna be a crazy competition.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#6Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:22pm

Best Actress in a Play just got even more crowded and competitive.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

broadway guy
ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
TheaterBoy7777 Profile Photo
TheaterBoy7777
GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#11Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:24pm

Stupid question from the West Coast: why was there a question about Nathan Lane? Is it because he also sings during the play?

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#12Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:24pm

^Considering the fact that the Matilda's aren't eligible and now Bertie is up for Leading, I'd say the odds are pretty high.

SondheimFan5 Profile Photo
SondheimFan5
best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#14Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:25pm

One too many Matildas is why.

A leading actress Tony Award for two performances a week?

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

bigbelterbaby
#15Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:25pm

SO glad the Matildas are not eligible and how nice of them to go out of their way to recognize them anyway !!!

Hesione Hushabye thinks it tastes like ashes.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#16Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:26pm

Emilia Clarke and Cory Michael Smith will be considered eligible for nothing which is what they will get.

I'm kind of surprised about the Nielsen decision too. Might make the leading actress category a little more stiff than we thought.

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#17Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:27pm

Well I'm glad they saw the light on the issue of the Matildas.

And Bertie has best actor I think.

Now best actress in a play got tight...and featured got more open. Light might just repeat.

I also say watch out for Laura Osnes...although I give Patina the edge.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#18Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:27pm

"Stupid question from the West Coast: why was there a question about Nathan Lane? Is it because he also sings during the play?"

I don't think there ever was a question. It's just that the Tony committee has to decide these things regardless of whether or not there's some ambiguity.

Do we know why exactly the girl aren't eligible?

Updated On: 4/26/13 at 02:27 PM

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#19Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:30pm

Looks like the committee just sealed Patina’s win, but reopened the competition for Leading Actor in a Musical. It’s now a race between Porter & Carvel (I am sure Porter is disappointed at this ruling).

Pulling for Nielsen in such a tight category!

suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
#20Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:33pm

""Emilia Clarke and Cory Michael Smith will be considered eligible in the Best Performance by a Actress/Actor in a Leading Role in a Play categories for their respective performances in Breakfast at Tiffany's.""

YAAAAYY!!!! while the play wasnt the greatest, they were very good!

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#21Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:34pm

Nielsen should have stayed in Featured. I do think Bertie Carvel will get it, and obviously Patina will win. Honestly the only thing I really care about is Cumming winning for Macbeth, and I'm pretty sure that will be the case.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#23Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:34pm

I really wanted a Nielsen win, but I just don't see it happening in Leading Actress.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#24Breaking News: Tony Awards Committee Decides Eligibility on Slew of Shows, Matilda Girls NOT Eligible for Best Actress But Recognized
Posted: 4/26/13 at 2:35pm

Surprised by both Porter and Nielsen for "leading" consideration.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Videos