pixeltracker

Who will replace Jane Lynch?- Page 3

Who will replace Jane Lynch?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#50Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/14/13 at 11:18pm

I actually wouldn't be surprised if they're considering Brooke Shields.

Dollypop
#51Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/14/13 at 11:22pm

I would suggest Loretta Swit but I know she's preparing to play her first Aldonza.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#52Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/15/13 at 12:51am

If it were Sykes, my heart would go out to those kids. She would eat them alive.

Poster Emeritus

Starship
#53Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/15/13 at 12:43pm

Well after seeing the "A Christmas Story" performance at the Tonys...Caroline O'Connor is definitely my #1 vote. She's not a name so hopefully another lead actor drops out and they get a star name for that role so O'Connor can step in!

Gothampc
#54Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/15/13 at 12:55pm

"Caroline O'Connor"

She needs to change her name because I keep thinking of Archie Bunker when I see her name.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

beagle Profile Photo
beagle
#55Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/15/13 at 1:15pm

What about Cyndi Lauper?

There was the thread about her where people were asking what Broadway roles she could do. I think maybe this one would work.
She's certainly a "name" who would sell tickets.

Horton Profile Photo
Horton
#56Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/15/13 at 1:23pm

I would love to see Karen Mason sink her teeth into Miss Hannigan... She would blow the roof off the theater!

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#57Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/15/13 at 1:28pm

^^ like!

someone.else's.story2 Profile Photo
someone.else's.story2
#58Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/15/13 at 1:31pm

I would love to see Cyndi Lauper as Hannigan. Unfortunately, she's on tour this Summer.

“I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.” ``oscar wilde``

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#59Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/15/13 at 1:41pm

They could be stunt casting Grace Farrell, considering Brynn will be leaving sometime in the future to do Honeymoon in Vegas.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#60Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/15/13 at 4:51pm

Bette Midler gets my vote. She may be a little old but I'd be interested to see if she could be able to pull it off.

John Adams Profile Photo
John Adams
#61Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 6:59am

>> I actually wouldn't be surprised if they're considering Brooke Shields.

Pfffffft...!! [projectile coffee] Who will replace Jane Lynch?

>> Caroline O'Connor is definitely my #1 vote. She's not a name [...]

O'Connor doesn't have the general public's face recognition like Peters or Chenoweth have (due to their movie/TV exposure), but I would put her on par with an actress like Carolee Carmello in terms of being "a name" in the theater world. Updated On: 6/16/13 at 06:59 AM

frazer
#62Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 7:44am

caroline o'connor is doing gypsy in melbourne round about the time Jane finishes I think. Which should rule her out if they're looking for an immediate take over.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#63Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 8:01am

Brooke Shields-NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bette Milder-YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#64Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 9:16am

Right, because the very next thing on Bette Midler's Broadway bucket list is to be the second replacement in a so-so revival of "Annie."

They would be damn lucky to get Brooke Shields.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 6/16/13 at 09:16 AM

mikey2573
#65Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 10:08am

The show will close at the end of Lynch's run. The sooner it closes the faster it will be forgotten; and it deserves to be forgotten. When you take a classic show like ANNIE, with its iconic original staging that has been recreated faithfully for the past 35 years, and you say, "We're doing a NEW version of ANNIE, with new staging, new sets, new choreography and new orchestrations!!" you better make DAMN sure that "new" is somehow "better" or at least "up to par". When I saw the show it was a muddled mess. There were moments during some of the songs where I was watching the choreography and thinking, "What the HELL are they supposed to be doing??"
The one word I can think of to describe this revival; befuddling.

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#66Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 10:54am

Lynch is contracted until mid July; I highly doubt that they will close during the Summer holidays when there are plenty of tourists around. Tourists for whom Broadway = shows like Phantom, Chicago, Mamma Mia, Annie,...

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#67Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 12:29pm

Rosie O'Donnell is desperate to play Hannigan. She auditioned for this revival and tweeted recently during Jane Lynch's performance on the Tonys that she'd "maybe get to do the bus and truck one day." If they're in dire need of a name to keep the show running, she's their ace in the hole. Not that she has the selling power of someone like Lynch on a hit television show targeted towards kids, of course, but she's certainly more recognizable than most of the names being tossed about in this thread.

As non-existent as her singing is most of the time, with a lot of work from James Lapine, I actually think she could wind up being pretty decent in the role. Lord knows she has the presence for it.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/16/13 at 12:29 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#68Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 1:05pm

Rosie would certainly need newly designed costumes. Cant imagine the low cut dresses would suit her.

Updated On: 6/16/13 at 01:05 PM

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#69Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 2:13pm

Has Rosie sufficiently recovered from her heart attack last year to do an right show a week schedule?

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

theeatah Profile Photo
theeatah
#70Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 3:55pm

Hey, she complained about not having enough to do in Drood. She could probably handle it.

Dollypop
#71Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 8:41pm

Seriously, can you imagine how good Carol Channing might have been in the role a few years ago?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

jackieoh Profile Photo
jackieoh
#72Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 8:43pm

Holy boobs, Jane Lynch.

I would pay full price to see Rosie tackle Hannigan.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#73Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 8:48pm

The show will close. To bring in a name, you have to shell out a lot of money and perks and the return hasn't been worth it, at least not with Lynch. It's a huge, expensive cast and crew and the show is not a cash cow. It will close or just run with understudies until the end of summer.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

mb87
#74Who will replace Jane Lynch?
Posted: 6/16/13 at 9:30pm

Seems like they still could get a ton of B list [if not C list] stars to come in to make it through the holidays.

I wonder if they will do stunt casting for Grace at all? Any pop star/American Idol runner-up could easily also play alongside a named Hannigan.

I figured the show would close once Lilla got another show.