pixeltracker

PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January- Page 2

PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#25PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 8:40pm

When I saw the BWW headline "So Long to the Big Top" my first thought was that Side Show was going to close in previews. PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#26PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 8:41pm

A solid run, a financial recoupment and an overhwelming critical success. Bravo! As others have said, I'm kind of glad this production won't become a long running embarrassment like Chicago.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#27PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 8:42pm

Why is this sad? It recouped, won awards, and ran for almost 2 years. I think it's def. a success. And glad it's not petering to a sad goodbye. It's going out on top.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#28PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 8:49pm

I really wished and hoped for this production to be a long-running show Chicago. I guess this revival will be in the same category as the 1994 revival of Showboat. People will be saying how it was the BEST production of the show EVER, and how who ever missed it, really missed out. If they EVER did a revial of Pippin again I can bet that this version will be it & the Cabaret scenario would happen again. With people complaining & defending the show. So sad Broadway's last Pippin is being played by King Charles... catch the tour! This production will always have a place in my heart. Anyways, we can always find them in our head.

RW3
#29PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 8:51pm

I saw the show in July with KDM and Ciara. It was such an amazing experience! I had a huge grin on my face the entire time! Sad to see it go because there are so many other people capable of being in the show. At least the show is on the right track with its US Tour and future international productions!

brdway411
#30PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 8:58pm

wondering if they had done some better casting choices, it would have lasted longer.

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#31PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 9:02pm

Really would love to see it again before it closes but I can't with Kaufman. ??

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#32PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 9:10pm

I think this is the right time for this. The grosses of the past few weeks told us this was coming. Go out with your head held high, Pippin. The show was wildly entertaining, a financial success, and critically acclaimed. Hitting all three of those with one show isn't easy.

I suspect the show will be fairly steady in it's last 8 weeks. The tour seems to be doing quite well, so it can just pick up where this left off PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January

brdway411
#33PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 9:12pm

would love to see it one last time, but not with the 38 year old.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#34PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 9:15pm

Im actually really surprised! I had no idea they weren't doing well. I think the Visit could definitely go into the Music Box. It is a Shubert theatre. Maybe Gigi or Dames at Sea?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#35PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 9:53pm

And has the pretty standard run for a successful revival.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#36PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 9:55pm

Why can't you go with Kaufman? Have you seen him? He's not getting bad reviews. Get over yourself and stop judging people's abilities based on looks.

I think Matthew Thomas James looks like a monchichi, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the show.

FindingNamo
#37PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:03pm

That's a terrible thing to say. It's Andrew Rannels who looks like a Monchichi.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#38PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:06pm

"Why can't you go with Kaufman? Have you seen him? He's not getting bad reviews. "

Yeah, Kaufmann wasn't bad, and there are a lot of other things to enjoy about the show. I don't understand not being able to go because he's in that role.

Sutton Ross
Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#40PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:18pm

"I'm kind of glad this production won't become a long running embarrassment like Chicago.." Chicago has endured and remained successful throughout so many years. It has managed to survive even in tough economic times. The fact that so many shows have come and gone is a testament to the world wide appeal of the show. While some of the casting choices have been a bit dodgy over the years, the producers have been able to make it a success, even in the face of pointed criticism by some determined theatre snobs. I'm glad I was able to see Pippin. It was an exciting experience and not something I'll ever forget.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)
Updated On: 11/3/14 at 10:18 PM

brdway411
#41PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:35pm

I tried listening to the clip of him singing Morning Glow, it made my ears bleed.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#42PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:38pm

sad this wouldn't have a longer life. But it's grosses clearly say otherwise. The show was incredibly popular for it's first 6 months, frequently selling out. It's grosses dropped in the Fall of 2013 but picked up again around the holidays. It's grosses really started to drop once Patina & MJT left and they've been terrible since September 2014. I guess any rumors of any "stars" joining the show in the winter were either false or fell through.

I just bought my tickets for ONCE's final performance, so I won't be able to make PIPPIN's, but I hope to see the show again in it's final week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#43PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:43pm

"I tried listening to the clip of him singing Morning Glow, it made my ears bleed."

Well then it sure sounds like you definitely shouldn't go see him. There, wasn't that easy. But do feel free to continue to mention again and again and again how much you don't like him if it makes you feel better.

nikkitax
#44PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:44pm

This brakes my heart!! I saw it 8 times and it was wonderful!
I'm so sad for all the great and amazing artists!

I also think it has to do with the casting choices.The only remaining actors of the original cast are Rachel, Charlotte, Andrew and Colin PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#45PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:48pm

I saw the show 10 times and LOVED each and every time!! I will miss seeing this show, but have no desire to see the new Pippin.

Darreyl with an L!

inception Profile Photo
inception
#46PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:48pm

A Monchichi? I had to google that - and then scrolled down to see that SR had kindly attached a pic. I can honestly say that I have never ever had any desire to f@&k a Monchichi. Matthew James Thomas? Yes. Though if I had to rate the men of the original cast, he'd be behind #1 - Anthony Wayne #2 - Erik Altemus #3 - Colin Cunliffe and #4 - Andrew Fitch

In all seriousness though, seeing this production, and most especially Patina Miller's performance was one of the greatest theatrical experiences of my life.

And, I am thankful for this board for that experience, because if it had not been for reading people's raves for this show I might have gotten a ticket last fall for either Big Fish or Little Miss Sunshine.

Updated On: 11/3/14 at 10:48 PM

Sutton Ross
#47PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:56pm

PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January

All those guys but not Orion Griffiths? Because GODDAMN.

Showface
#48PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 10:59pm

"I tried listening to the clip of him singing Morning Glow, it made my ears bleed."

Oof. Not good. Try getting that checked out. PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January

FindingNamo
#49PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
Posted: 11/3/14 at 11:11pm

That's a symptom of ebola.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none