pixeltracker

Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse - Page 3

Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#50Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 3:37pm

Oh, I know. I didn't mean specifically Second Stage. I was thinking of the space more than the company.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#51Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 3:40pm

Ah, got ya! That I can definitely agree with. That cozy yet cold space on 43rd of theirs with those already-eerie curtains that are drawn before performances - hah! I can see it.

Updated On: 2/2/15 at 03:40 PM

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#52Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 10:59pm

I had the delight of seeing the show this past weekend. I loved it. I loved the films this was based on, but it still felt separate and new. I'm not a horror, guts and gore girl. At all. There were a few times it was very intense and I had to look away, but it didn't feel over the top. It's the right amount of macabre. The show is beautiful to view with very well done performances. Excellent scenic and lighting design.

It's not a traditional story that screams BROADWAY! but I would love for this to be seen by more people. It's an engaging and well executed piece that surprised people around me.

two ladies tickets
#53Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 11:32pm

This is an amazing show, I saw it in London and again last week in Brooklyn. You have to remember that when it transferred to the West End it never sold out, in fact, I don't believe they sold the balcony at The Apollo in London during it's run. Also they couldn't even keep it running for a limited engagement, they ended up closing a month early. St Anns is the perfect venue for it, it wouldn't make sense to move it to Broadway especially since tickets are much more expensive than in London. Technically it can still do one more extension at St. Anns. I noticed they upped the ticket price for the first extension, so hurry and go if you haven't.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#54Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/2/15 at 11:44pm

I thought this was nothing short of remarkable. It's haunting, incredibly moving, thrilling, and full of stunning stage pictures. I was mesmerized by it. I hope it has a future after this production; it certainly deserves to be seen by more people. It's a really great night of theatre.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#55Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/3/15 at 8:15am

The balcony was closed at the Apollo because of the ceiling collapse.
But, it was an easy ticket to get in London. In spite of excellent reviews and word of mouth. Good to read that it is doing well at St. Ann's.

nasty_khakis
#56Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/18/15 at 11:50am

I saw this last night and over-all found it great. I did have issues with most of Hoggett's choices (what was that mother/son bed choreography about??), but found the direction to be very engaging.

I've done some reading about the source materials so I understand now, but at the time the relationship with her "father" was unclear. I assumed he was her boyfriend when they were younger (in the 1940s) and he has aged while she hasn't. They could have made the real relationship much more clear.

*POOL SCENE SPOILER* For anyone interested if he's breathing the entire time, I noticed a tiny dark hole in the ladder rung at his head level as I was leaving the theatre. I assume during the chaos he takes a break from it.

Updated On: 2/18/15 at 11:50 AM

neonlightsxo
#57Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/18/15 at 11:59am

Who's Hoggart?

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#58Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/18/15 at 12:31pm

I saw this last night and absolutely loved it. I'm not familiar with the original material but I'm a huge fan of both Tiffany and Hoggett and thought the production was completely gorgeous. I'm quite curious to see the original film now...I'm not a horror girl most of the time but the production was really beautifully done and I loved the story. I found the whole thing to be really engaging and the performances were wonderful. Also, it's been up on TDF for performances during the week, and last night my seat from there was in the 3rd row center.

nasty_khakis
#59Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/18/15 at 12:39pm

Sorry, I meant Hoggett, I'll correct my post.

Updated On: 2/18/15 at 12:39 PM

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#60Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/18/15 at 12:47pm

I saw this last week and thought it was fantastic! The use of contemporary dance for scene changes really makes it feel like a nightmare. I was scared ****less several times! I highly recommend this!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#61Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/18/15 at 12:55pm

It is really creepy. For fans of the horror genre, it's a must-see.

mikey2573
#62Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/18/15 at 2:40pm

There are two film versions of this story already. The Swedish film, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, was critically acclaimed and is a fantastic, haunting film. But the American remake, LET ME IN, is also an incredible movie, with unforgettable performances by Chole Grace Moretz and Kodi Smit-McPhee. The film did not do well at the box office but was one of the best reviewed films of the year (2010). It has an 88% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The scene where McPhee is on the phone with his dad should have qualified him for an Oscar nom. The remake focuses a lot more on the relationship between the two children (as does the play) eliminating a lot of the subplots that the earlier film got from the book.

neonlightsxo
#63Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/18/15 at 2:42pm

Mikey, who is your post directed to? I think everyone who has commented knows it's based on films.

mikey2573
#64Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/18/15 at 6:37pm

I was replying to the person who wrote, "I'm quite curious to see the original film now..."

Hope that meets your standards.

Updated On: 2/18/15 at 06:37 PM

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#65Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/19/15 at 8:22pm

Does anyone know much about St Ann's extension policies? I will be arriving into town on March 21 and was wondering how common extensions are on St Ann productions?

I know Let The Right One In has already been extended through March 8, but I noticed there appears to be an additional 2 weeks available until their next production starts on March 24. What do you think the chances are of this extending through March 21 or 22?

I would love to see it, especially after reading all of the rave reviews on here.

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#66Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/19/15 at 9:14pm

There's zero chance of it extending until two days before the next production starts.

The current 16 day window between productions is already tight enough as it is for a strike, a load-in, and then a tech period for a Wooster group production.

frogs_fan85
#67Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/19/15 at 9:14pm

ETA- Sorry double post. Updated On: 2/19/15 at 09:14 PM

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#68Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/19/15 at 11:50pm

I thought it may be possible since there is only a 4 day gap scheduled between St. Ann's next two productions.

Cry, Trojans' last performance is April 19, and Early Shaker Spirituals begins April 23rd.

frogs_fan85
#69Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/19/15 at 11:57pm

Both of those productions are from The Wooster Group. I'd imagine they're using the same equipment, so no need for a load-out and load-in period between the two productions.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#70Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 2/20/15 at 12:26am

Yes, that makes sense.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#71Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 7/27/15 at 4:05am

Does anyone know of this will have a future life? Commercial or otherwise?

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#72Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/5/17 at 3:24am

Sorry to dredge up this old topic, but the tour of "Let the Right One In" is going to be in Seattle next month (almost forgot it was coming).  I was just about to buy a ticket for myself, but I was just wondering if anyone who saw the show remembers if there is any gunshots during the show?  I can handle almost anything on the stage except for live blanks being fired.

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#73Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/5/17 at 5:17am

I want to say no - most of the violence and potential violence in the show was done with knives, if I recall correctly. Hopefully someone else will respond with more certainty, as it was too long ago for me to remember for sure.

HOWEVER, I will also say that you might want to watch out for an incredibly loud and sudden sound cue that gave many audience members (including myself) quite a shock. If you want to know about it ahead of time, click below:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Basically, it's when the sheriff (or someone) comes into the house, and the vampire girl is hidden in a trunk downstage. The sheriff slowly walks downstage to open the trunk, and she jumps out and attacks him. When she does, there is an enormous blast of horrific, screeching "music" that lasts for maybe a good 15 seconds. Definitely something to watch out for if loud noises scare you. 

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#74Let The Right One In: St. Ann's Warehouse
Posted: 1/5/17 at 6:35am

The sound clue he mentions was so freaking loud I almost had a heart attack!!!!!!

Videos