pixeltracker

Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT- Page 2

Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT

ABB2357 Profile Photo
ABB2357
#25Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 12:06am

Don't forget Sara Chase was in The First Wives Club as well!

mamaleh
#26Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 11:01am

John McMartin's in this? Then I HAVE to see it. Thanks!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#27Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 11:18am

^^^ He is only in one episode, but he's excellent!

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#28Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 11:26am

I really want to see more of Amy Sedaris' divorcee character.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#29Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 11:28am

I can't remember the last time I saw a show so perfectly cast all around -- all of the roles, from the main to the recurring supporting to the cameos.

Also, that Robert Osborne bit from Episode 10 with the DADDY'S BOY outro killed me.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

nasty_khakis
#30Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 12:20pm

I really want to see more of Amy Sedaris' divorcee character

It always bums me out to see a great hilarious actor in a one-off part like this. Let's hope they bring her back for a party or society function next season.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#31Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 12:22pm

Sedaris is the master of those one-off cameos, though- such as her crazed real estate agent on the first season of Girls.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#32Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 1:58pm

Kad: Do you mean in Broad City? Unless she has played a crazy real estate agent in more than one show omg

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#33Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 1:58pm

Kad: Do you mean in Broad City? Unless she has played a crazy real estate agent in more than one show omg

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#34Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 2:52pm

I do mean Broad City. She has yet to appear on Girls.

willep
#35Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 3:34pm

Mark Harelik (Julian Vorhees) was in Light in the Piazza and The Normal Heart.

JohnyBroadway
#36Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 3:40pm

Bravo to Tina Fey for such a fabulous new show! I watched the whole series in a day. I don't think I've laughed so hard. And the amount of Broadway alum was a cherry on top!

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#37Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 7:16pm

I really didn't find it that hilarious, to be honest. I was completely turned off when they revealed that Jane Krakowski's character was Native American. Why couldn't they have hired a Native American actress for the role then...? Whitewashing, ugh. But, anyway. I'm glad it's at least filled with Broadway cameos and references.

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

AHTC
#38Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 7:46pm

firebolts, thats a part of the gag that Jane Krakowski's character is the whitest of whitebread people.

AEA AGMA SM
#39Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 7:52pm

And there is mention of a "white grandfather."

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#40Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/9/15 at 8:01pm

I don't know, I didn't find it too hilarious. Just another excuse to hire a white actress, IMO. I stopped watching the show after that episode. Anyway, don't mean to rain on anyone's parade!

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 3/9/15 at 08:01 PM

PJPan
#41Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/10/15 at 10:09am

Growl, that Robert Osborne bit was my favorite scene of the series so far. Amazing.

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#42Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/10/15 at 11:04am

I keep watching it over and over.

"And that's how the 1938 musical train wreck, 'Daddy's Boy,' ends -- mid-song, as the crew refused to continue working on the production.

Coming up next, an encore presentation of 'Daddy's Boy' --

NO! WE HAD A DEAL!"

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES
Updated On: 3/10/15 at 11:04 AM

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#43Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/10/15 at 11:15am

I thought it was weirdly hysterical that they kept Jefferson Mays' name for the Daddy's Boy credits.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#43Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/10/15 at 11:15am

I thought it was weirdly hysterical that they kept Jefferson Mays' name for the Daddy's Boy credits.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

BeNice Profile Photo
BeNice
#45Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/12/15 at 5:32pm

Just spotted John Bolton as the bus driver in one of the last episodes.

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#46Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/12/15 at 5:57pm

My friend literally just texted me about this. I just finished House of Cards… perfect timing!

VintageSnarker
#47Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/12/15 at 8:56pm

I watched the first eight episodes today in one sitting. Because the episodes are so short it's even easier to binge watch. I'm going to try and slow down though and savor the last few.

Bwaydide92
#48Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/14/15 at 10:09am

Firebolts, I think they added the Native American subplot to Mrs. Vorhees's character because she is so much about being society's perfect image of a wife. She's constantly dieting (she even has diet water), exercising, and getting corrective surgery. She's a totally parody of what we (read society) want in a woman. The Native American subplot is supposed to be offensive, because a skinny, white, and blonde woman being the epitome of beauty is supposed to be offensive.

I'm not trying to invalidate your offense, I just think you might have missed the purpose of that subplot. I also don't think they made it super clear why they did that. I had to think about it for awhile. And the execution could have been better. I encourage you to finish the show, it really is great.

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#49Broadway and UNBREAKABLE KIMMY SCHMIDT
Posted: 3/14/15 at 10:14am

how was PINOT NOIR not yet been mentioned in this thread? it still cracks me up