pixeltracker

An On the 20th Century transfer??- Page 2

An On the 20th Century transfer??

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#25An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/15/15 at 2:56pm

^OH! Didn't realize that she wasn't turning it into one of her full tours again! Thanks for that. (:

lightguy06222
#26An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/15/15 at 4:51pm

most definitely an extension.  actors all know it.  length of the extension determined by tony nominations, with room for a FURTHER extension past the awards.

but...

DUMBEST show I have ever seen on broadway.  and KC was givin me a lackluster Wednesday matinee performance…  

granted, I DID attend a wednesday matinee...

But she's an ACTOR so even though she wasn't feelin it, her voice was spot on, and she hit every mark and every comedic line on point…  there was just nothin behind her eyes...

LOVED Andy Karl.  Was charmed by Peter Gallagher.  Nice sets.  Nice direction and design.

STUPIDEST SHOW IVE EVER SAT THROUGH.

Life is like a coat??  Life is like an apple?  WTF??????

LILY OSCAR LILY OSCAR OSCAR AND LILY LILY AND OSCAR AND OSCAR AND LILY

dev101
#27An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/15/15 at 5:56pm

i hope it extends! I don't know if i can make it to NY by July 5th. Im trying to save up some credits from todaytix so if you guys download the app use code RSDSI to get $20 off!

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#28An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/16/15 at 6:38pm

"length of the extension determined by tony nominations, with room for a FURTHER extension past the awards."

This is interesting. Could you share where that info comes from?

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#29An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/16/15 at 9:34pm

Kristin is going on a full tour this fall/winter.  She has dozens of dates scheduled. 

Tour dates here

p.s. lightguy...so...you didn't like it?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#30An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/16/15 at 9:45pm

_IrisTInkerbell

Hello,

I’m responding to your inquiry about a possible On the 20th Century extension. Unfortunately we have no plans to extend the show as of now. That being said, there is a definite possibility that it will extend depending on Tony nominations, but we can’t confirm anything yet. Feel free to keep checking our website, or join our email club so you can get updates ifthe show does get extended.

Best,

Audience Services Representative

ROUNDABOUT THEATRE COMPANY

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

_IrisTInkerbell
#31An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/17/15 at 12:57am

Yea, they added more dates than I expected. I've been in touch with Kristin's PR people and they just kept putting the tour announcement off... Most of the dates we knew were with Symphonies, i.e. her being invited to play with them instead of booking venues to play as usual for a tour... anyway. She only has 3 dates in August, and nothing before that so it doesn't really change anything. They could extend through August and work around those 3 dates, but no longer than that, at least not with her in it.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#32An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/17/15 at 3:57pm

I wonder if Andy Karl is still involved with Waitress. He did the workshop for it back in December. If so he'd have to head to Boston in July.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#33An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/17/15 at 5:09pm

Roundabout shows, unless sales suck, always tack on two weeks to the first announced closing date. Let's fact it, the show is really about Chenoweth.

I'd say they'll close by 3rd-4th week of July, since strangely mid-summer closings are no longer a rarity the last few years.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

beaemma
#34An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/17/15 at 6:16pm

I agree that this has been a major success for Chenoweth, but I do think she could be replaced. If Madeline Kahn (probably a bigger name at the time) could be successfully replaced, why not Kristin? There's also the option of a big name for Oscar, if Gallagher can't continue.

Annetteiago
#35An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/17/15 at 6:28pm

http://officialkristinchenoweth.com/tour/

#1CarrieFan
#36An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 4/18/15 at 7:53pm

I certainly don't want to age myself but roundabout has transferred previous productions. When roundabouts Broadway house was the Criterian the moved 1776 too the Gershwin and put She Loves Me in either in the Atkinson or the O'Neil, I can't remember which one it was. I can't imagine that I'm the only long time lover of 20th Century too wish it a much, much longer run. With Old Times already booked into the AA house and roundabouts upcoming shows (The Real Thing, Noises Off) it would seem to me they might possibly look into other theaters. For gods sake Mama Mia running for 14 years and the equally dreadful Rock of Ages having its long run, I think 20th Century could even be a tourist blockbuster. 

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#37An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 5/27/15 at 7:45pm

I got an email from Broadway Across America today which advertised several show/ tour packages. One of them was a "Hollywood Royalty" package featuring tickets to An American in Paris, The King and I, On the Town, and On the 20th Century. The dates for the weekend are September 24-27, which I found odd, since OTTC is not an open-ended run and has no plans to be open by then. 

Might this be foreshadowing an extension, or does this mean nothing? 

Here's a link to the itinerary

Updated On: 5/27/15 at 07:45 PM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#38An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 5/27/15 at 7:57pm

Wow, very interesting. 

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#39An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 5/27/15 at 10:05pm

I'd like to see Rachel York as Lily Garland.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#40An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 5/27/15 at 10:10pm

I'd like Megan Hilty to replace Chenoweth. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#41An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 5/27/15 at 10:15pm

"I'd like Megan Hilty to replace Chenoweth. "

I was literally going to say that. Megan would be excellent as Lily! And I'm glad to see they may extend. Because the next show is starting shows in what? October? They have plenty of time!

_IrisTInkerbell
#42An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 5/28/15 at 11:11am

Hmmm, weird. Scott Ellis said in a recent interview that it would most definitely NOT extend beyond mid July. I also find it rather optimistic that On The Town will still be playing in September...

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#43An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 5/28/15 at 2:23pm

I bet it's either extending through September or transferring. Broadway Across America wouldn't make that big of a mistake.

_IrisTInkerbell
#44An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 6/6/15 at 11:36am

I emailed Broadway Across America earlier in the week and didn't get a reply yet, but they changed the itinerary of the trip. It no longer included OTTC, but has American in Paris now. I guess they did make a mistake there.

http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/travel/?p=1093

Ragged Tear
#45An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 6/6/15 at 2:06pm

"I emailed Broadway Across America earlier in the week and didn't get a reply yet, but they changed the itinerary of the trip. It no longer included OTTC, but has American in Paris now. I guess they did make a mistake there.
http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/travel/?p=1093"

Per AdamGreer's post from last week, the original offer included AN AMERICAN IN PARIS. 

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#46An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 6/6/15 at 10:32pm

I doubt "Broadway Across America" made a mistake. Having worked in production before, I can tell you it is very common to announce a show before all the contracts, etc., are in place. Subscription houses and tour operators do it all the time.

BAA knows it won't sell many packages that simply read "Shows: TBA". But they can advertise OTTC and OTT with impunity because of the clause that reads: "Show schedule subject to change due to closings, availability, etc." (Sorry. I don't have the contract in front of me.) And even if they have to refund some packages (again depending on the wording I don't have), many customers will make the trip despite changes because they've already made their vacation plans.

It's the moral equivalent of showing clips of the original Broadway cast to advertise a non-Equity touring production here in Palm Springs. It's become the norm, rather than the exception.

ebontoyan
#47An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 6/6/15 at 10:46pm

Since I've already seen OTTC 3x this year, I would prefer Andy Karl to hopefully be in a new show for 2015-2016!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#48An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 6/6/15 at 11:26pm

So do most people just assume the show won't extend, even if Chenoweth wins? Trying to plan a trip to see it and wondering if I should just go in July or if I have more time.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#49An On the 20th Century transfer??
Posted: 6/7/15 at 12:07am

So I noticed there are a few $67 tickets available but they're for wheelchairs... is it possible to purchase this seat? I don't really want to pay $100+.