pixeltracker

Sierra Boggess- out of SoR- Page 2

Sierra Boggess- out of SoR

BobBenson Profile Photo
BobBenson
#25Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/22/15 at 11:02pm

Pootie2 said: "BobBenson said: "My hope is that she woke up from whatever delusional dream she's been in and left the business. Dull as dishwater. I have it on good authority that there's an opening for a manager at a Baskin-Robbins in Boise, Idaho. I hope she takes it and serves double scoops of pistachio almond fudge to her heart's content and to the delight of the customers of Boise.

" Did she not come out to sign your playbill when you stage doored for her?

"

No. I paid good money to see THE LITTLE MERMAID (twice), GUYS & DOLLS in concert at Carnegie Hall, PHANTOM, MASTER CLASS, and IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU. Lackluster from beginning to end in every single piece, Pootie. So just save your snark and tired lines for someone else. Puh-lease.

Updated On: 11/22/15 at 11:02 PM

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#26Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/22/15 at 11:25pm

I still thank God for Sierra being out sick when I went to see Phantom last summer. Elizabeth Welch was superior in the role in every way.

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#27Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/22/15 at 11:35pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Oh dear, I hope she isn't permentaly out of the show. I was hoping to see her in it.

And she's still on the show site, so there's no truth for now.

EDIT: Yeah, it sounds like she's sick/injured

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=sierra%20boggess&src=typd

"

That link provided no evidence of anything. Was it supposed to link to a specific tweet? It did not for me, just a search feature of Sierra's name. 

Benson: Why are you paying "good money" for shows that Sierra plays a pivotal role in if you hate her so much? 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#28Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 12:07am

I've always thought her voice was beautiful, but just from the cast recording she doesn't seem to be too big of a part of this show. But I heard good things about Mamie Parris in OTTC, so good for her if she gets the role for good.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#29Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 12:11am

lots of rumors - with little to no credible information.  

If she is injured and possibly out of SOR for the opening, can you imagine how difficult that must be for Sierra to miss a Broadway opening/originating a role in a new Musical (despite the experts on this board saying she was mis-cast)  

Perhaps it was simply a strain that they told her to take a week off and see how she's doing tomorrow so she can get back in...  

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#30Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 12:39am

I've always found her to be an incredibly bland presence. I'm sure she was doing as directed, but listen to her "Part of Your World," then watch the video of Howard Ashman coaching Jodi Benson through the intention of the song. It really, really is not about how big you can make the last held note. I think her talent is entirely vocal in a technical sense, which really is not why I go to theatre. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#31Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 2:28am

I don't think her voice suits pop music. I haven't heard School of Rock, but thought her voice sounded out of place in Shoulda Been You. I would have preferred a more pop/belter actress. 

Islander_fan
#32Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 7:24am

When I saw the show it was the third preview. I thought she was pretty good in the role. Don't know if I feel comfortable going further than that specially considering that was their third preview and there was no out of town try out.

Vocally her stuff is pretty high. There's an ensemble number that introduces us to the school faculty. Now maybe it was because I was in the first row and could notice it better because I was right there but at the end of the song, her soprano was vocally towering over everyone else. She did sing the cadenza to Queen of the Night too. But, her big number, "Where did the rock Go?" Was more mix than anything else she had done earlier in the show.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#33Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 7:31am

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "That link provided no evidence of anything. Was it supposed to link to a specific tweet? It did not for me, just a search feature of Sierra's name. 

"

Numerous tweets were saying "Get well!"

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#34Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 10:19am

^ There were also several mentions of a broken ankle.  

With regard to the speculation that she is out because she didn't fit the role, I thought she did a great job in the show.  Obviously others have different opinions, but I didn't think she was miscast. She has to be be uptight for most of the show, and then "let her hair down".  I really enjoyed her main song ("Where Did the Rock Go?"Sierra Boggess- out of SoR!

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#35Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 11:23am

BobBenson said: "No. I paid good money to see THE LITTLE MERMAID (twice), GUYS & DOLLS in concert at Carnegie Hall, PHANTOM, MASTER CLASS, and IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU. Lackluster from beginning to end in every single piece, Pootie. So just save your snark and tired lines for someone else. Puh-lease.

" I would not see someone I hate more than once, Twice maybe. It is so weird that you would go see her 6 times when you easily could have avoided her. Even Phantom, you could have seen the show when the alternate went on during the posted times the alternate starred. 

I am upset, I got tickets and was looking forward to seeing her perform again. 

When They Go Low, I Go High
Updated On: 11/23/15 at 11:23 AM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#36Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 4:21pm

Sierra just posted an Instagram showing a new addition to her SOR dressing room. I believe this means she is not out of the show.

talinatter Profile Photo
talinatter
#37Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 5:45pm

I have seen School of Rock twice, once with Sierra and once with her understudy Mamie Parris, and I personally prefer Mamie. Sierra is no doubt insanely talented, but her voice isn't pop/rock enough for the show. 

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#38Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 7:22pm

We are in line now to enter the theater.   She is not listed on the board as being out    Assuming she is in tonight.    Will update later 

talinatter Profile Photo
talinatter
#39Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 7:23pm

her understudy KILLS it! I have seen both and prefer Mamie! Enjoy the show! It is so much fun

Pootie2
#40Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 7:37pm

Petralicious said: "BobBenson said: "No. I paid good money to see THE LITTLE MERMAID (twice), GUYS & DOLLS in concert at Carnegie Hall, PHANTOM, MASTER CLASS, and IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU. Lackluster from beginning to end in every single piece, Pootie. So just save your snark and tired lines for someone else. Puh-lease.

" I would not see someone I hate more than once, Twice maybe. It is so weird that you would go see her 6 times when you easily could have avoided her. Even Phantom, you could have seen the show when the alternate went on during the posted times the alternate starred. 

I am upset, I got tickets and was looking forward to seeing her perform again. "

His extreme hatred is irrational, especially, as you say, he could have easily avoided her. That makes no sense and is snark-deserving. People express their dislike of certain actors/performances all the time, sure, but his express hatred was over the top in his other post, and I have no interest in her or this show otherwise so that stuck out in its ridiculousness. Good luck and hopefully you get to see her eventually if that's what you want.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

MannPhan24601
#41Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 7:45pm

An usher of SOR who's on a Phantom group on FB just wrote she's back as of tonight.He originally wrote that he heard she broke her foot and was getting replaced permentally .

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#42Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 8:38pm

Shame she's not going down well in this show. I loved her both as Christine (LND) and Fantine in London.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#43Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/23/15 at 11:25pm

If you see a lot of theatre, you are bound to see performers you don't care for multiple times along the way. Can we please stop policing the posts of people who are at least on-topic and coherent? Can we please just assume that people are posting their positive or negative opinions and everyone is allowed to agree or disagree? It's a bore to read through, and it wasn't always like that. Even on BroadwayWorld.

OKBroadwayFan Profile Photo
OKBroadwayFan
#44Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/24/15 at 12:15am

Sierra was in the show tonight.   She had a black compression like brace on her left foot and ankle.  She had what appeared to be a regular shoe and the device went up about 4 inches above her ankle.    Her movements were rather stiff.  Yes, her character should be rather "stiff", but you could tell her foot/ankle was part of the issue.    Her voice was in top form, her solo in the 2nd act was wonderful.

Overall, this is a very good show, the lead is great and the kids are top notch.   I really liked the score and am still humming  "Stick It To The Man".  

cglaid Profile Photo
cglaid
#45Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:53am

I was there as well and agree that Sierra looked a little slowed by her boot/brace. I don't think she's as wildly miscast as others on the board. I enjoyed listening to her sing. Sure, it's not an earth shattering role, but her voice sure is pretty. In other news, there were many cameras set up in the back of the orch and they were filming the performance, so maybe that's why Sierra was back.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#46Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/24/15 at 9:36am

Scarywarhol said: "If you see a lot of theatre, you are bound to see performers you don't care for multiple times along the way. Can we please stop policing the posts of people who are at least on-topic and coherent? Can we please just assume that people are posting their positive or negative opinions and everyone is allowed to agree or disagree? It's a bore to read through, and it wasn't always like that. Even on BroadwayWorld.

" You make point but not in this case. To go see a show not once but twice (Little Mermaid) where she was the star and on stage most of the show, and another show  (Phantom of the Opera) that very publicly has an alternate actress in the role a few times a week instead of the actress you can not stand,  as well as just about every show she has been in is STALKERISH.

When They Go Low, I Go High

Hamilton22 Profile Photo
Hamilton22
#47Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/24/15 at 9:44am

Guys, JM226 is lying. It's just a troll. 

SkipO
#49Sierra Boggess- out of SoR
Posted: 11/24/15 at 1:49pm

Bob "I just happen to buy a ticket to every production Sierra Boggess is in because I can't stand her" Benson. Classic troll.