pixeltracker

Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!- Page 2

Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#25Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/24/15 at 11:15am

He might be a bit young, but could this be the musical that Chris Colfer from Glee was talking about doing?

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#26Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/24/15 at 11:28am

^ God I hope not.  Let's keep him away from a Broadway stage as long as possible.  Especially in such an iconic dance-heavy role.

I LOOOOOOOVED the Chichester/West End production a few years back, but I'm excited to see this production's take.  I'm pumped.

woeisme3
#27Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/24/15 at 1:58pm

I don't know why anyone would think SINGIN' IN THE RAIN would do better than AN AMERICAN IN PARIS or DAMES AT SEA. 

An American In Paris was a critical darling and is making a million dollars a week on broadway, so this production turning out like that would be good for it.

I don't think this production will be all that successful though.

"

TerrenceIsTheMann
#28Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/24/15 at 2:19pm

I think this will do very well-as long as they find the right cast.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#29Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/24/15 at 4:16pm

I really hope they'll keep Dan Burton in the cast, he's really a terrific dancer and singer. By far the best Tulsa ever.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#30Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/24/15 at 4:29pm

Playbill's article on this starts with a sentence that I think is in startlingly poor taste: "New York will get a chance to express its solidarity with the French people in person next year when the Théâtre du Châtelet sends its revival of Singin' the Rain to Broadway."

French Theatre Sending Singin' in the Rain Revival to Broadway

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#32Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/24/15 at 4:51pm

The writer is from France, but it still reads horribly. 

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#33Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/24/15 at 6:24pm

EricMontreal22 said: "Is there any connection between the productions?  I see that Stephen Mears choreographed both"

The Chichester/West End production was choreographed by Andrew Wright.

Updated On: 11/25/15 at 06:24 PM

NoName3 Profile Photo
NoName3
#34Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 4:59am

I saw the 1980s production at the Gershwin and as stated, enjoyable would be the operative word. Not memorable by any means but a lot of it was fun. The best things about were the sets, costumes and Don Correia. A great dancer and a man of much charm. I saw him in Rain, as a replacement in the original Chorus Line and the first Follies revival. He has been married to Sandy Duncan for many years.

Overall, though, the production just didn't jell, which I would attribute to director/choreographer Twyla Tharp, who I think was a bit out of her element. Nothing was wrong; just not enough was really right. And the Gershwin is such a horrible, cavernous space.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#35Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 5:14am

Tony Yazbeck, or is that too obvious a choice?

c0113g3b0y
#36Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 10:22am

Robert Fairchild?

Maybe not re-imagining the role on Broadway, but perhaps as a replacement sometime down the line

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

Broadway kid 2
theatreguy12
#38Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 11:32am

adamgreer said: "Tony Yazbeck, or is that too obvious a choice?"

Obvious or not, I would fly to New York for the weekend just to see this show if he were cast. I loved him in OTT.  He's such a natural.  And the classics fit his persona, even by his own admission.  I can almost hear him singing the title song right now.

I thought Fairchild was good in AAIP, but Yazbeck was near perfection in OTT, IMO.  

Amazing2
#39Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 11:40am

Chris Colfer is a horrible dancer.  I can't think of anyone less appropriate for that role.  Why not Aaron Tveit?

c0113g3b0y
#40Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 12:01pm

Amazing2 said: "Chris Colfer is a horrible dancer.  I can't think of anyone less appropriate for that role.  Why not Aaron Tveit?

"

Aaron Tveit is more of a singer. I don't think he would want to do such a dance heavy role.

The thing is, besides being an utter toad of a human being, Riedel usually has the least knowledge of the topic in the room. He doesn't usually understand the content or approach of a show, and is always completely and unfailingly socially ignorant, which makes it really infuriating when Susan can't get a word in edgewise. A definitive mansplainer; it's always painful when he has female guests. I watch the show sporadically when I really want to see a guest, because it's the only theatre talkshow we have, but it would be so much better without this hateful clown in a dadcoat. (thanks ScaryWarhol)

Amazing2
#41Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 1:16pm

Who would be good?  Maybe Tony Yazbek could be the one.  He could be great.!

Amazing2
#42Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 1:18pm

Who would be good?  Maybe Tony Yazbek could be the one.  He could be great.!

It posted twice. That must mean Tony Yazbek should have the role!

Updated On: 11/25/15 at 01:18 PM

WinstonSalem
#43Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 1:23pm

I kind of hate to admit this, but I'd like to see a revival of this, although I do question its viability. I'm also in the camp that has no interest in seeing Chris Colfer on Broadway. 

Sunny11
#44Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 1:27pm

Matthew Morrison? He's already working for Weinstein and he covered songs like Singin in the Rain, Make em laugh, cheek to cheek and You are all the world to me on Glee. 

Updated On: 11/26/15 at 01:27 PM

WinstonSalem
#45Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 1:37pm

I really like that Matthew Morrison suggestion!  He's also a dancer.  Aaron could really sing it, but I don't remember if he dances. I'd like to see Aaron in Miss Saigon.  Sorry--off-topic.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#46Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 1:42pm

Amazing2 said: "Chris Colfer is a horrible dancer.  I can't think of anyone less appropriate for that role.  Why not Aaron Tveit?"

Oh me as well. I think he's shrill. But it was a thought. I LOVE the Matt Morrison suggestion.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#47Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 3:24pm

Saw it in London a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much.

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#48Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 4:48pm

Gavin Lee would be fantastic. He did Top Hat with Kristen Beth Williams in London (at the same time as Singing was running there, incidentally), and he definitely has both the charms and the dance chops for the show

DarlingElegantine
#49Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
Posted: 11/25/15 at 5:05pm

If Jeremy Jordan was a solid dancer...