pixeltracker

Hamilton in the Blizzard- Page 2

Hamilton in the Blizzard

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#25Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:06am

At the Lottery this evening they announced that Lotto and Standing room will NOT be available tomorrow.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#26Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 8:47am

NJ Transit suspended.  Should make for some cancellations!

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#27Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 8:58am

Looks like the storm is going to live up to the worst projections as far as accumulations. People who aren't in the city already are not getting there.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#28Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 8:59am

Wow. Woke up to a storm that is way worse than I was anticipating. Stay safe, everybody.

Sam2
#29Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 9:01am

Where are people that won't make it today dumping their tickets? Ticketmaster? Or do they give them back to the box office and the cancellation line? I might try to get a ticket for one of the performances today.

Updated On: 1/23/16 at 09:01 AM

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#30Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 9:06am

You can always go to EarthCam Times Square and see live what the snow conditions are.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/?cam=tsstreet

BroadwayConcierge
#31Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 9:16am

Are they still holding a cancellation line today? Can't imagine they'd let people stand/wait outside in these winds...

Sam2
#32Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 9:19am

I just checked Ticketmaster and those scalper prices are still as ridiculous as always. If anyone knows another way to get a reasonable priced ticket for the matinee or tonight, I would love to hear it!

Updated On: 1/23/16 at 09:19 AM

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#33Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 9:23am

Sam2 said: "Where are people that won't make it today dumping their tickets? Ticketmaster? Or do they give them back to the box office and the cancellation line? I might try to get a ticket for one of the performances today.

Wondering about that myself.  Seems to me that most "cancellation" tickets are actually house seats that aren't being used.  But actual cancellations?  As far as I know, tickets are non refundable, so what is the incentive for someone to call in to cancel?  I got sick last year while eating out before seeing The Real Thing.  I emailed them a few days later, and they gave me free tickets for a future performance, but I doubt that is possible for Hamilton.

"

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#34Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 9:25am

Didn't I read on this thread that Hamilton was among the show's listed that were taking cancellations/exchanges? I mean you'll have to wait til this time next year to see it. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#35Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 9:27am

Wondering about that myself.  Seems to me that most "cancellation" tickets are actually house seats that aren't being used.  But actual cancellations?  As far as I know, tickets are non refundable, so what is the incentive for someone to call in to cancel?  I got sick last year while eating out before seeing The Real Thing.  I emailed them a few days later, and they gave me free tickets for a future performance, but I doubt that is possible for Hamilton."

On the ticketmaster site it says you can exchange tickets prior to the showtime. For Hamilton I doubt there would be much to exchange so I would assume you would receive a refund. Then they could sell those tickets at the Box office I believe.   

I would love to hear is anyone was able to get tickets today! Good luck to those trying! I got cancellation ticketsThursday  and it was well worth the wait!

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"
Updated On: 1/23/16 at 09:27 AM

Notreallysilent 2
#36Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 10:05am

To go back to the lottery thing, I know it's cancelled today but do you guys think it will be cancelled tomorrow the 24th too?

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#37Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 10:10am

...so where are those seats going?

levinb
#38Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 11:49am

Wondering about that myself.  Seems to me that most "cancellation" tickets are actually house seats that aren't being used.  But actual cancellations?  As far as I know, tickets are non refundable, so what is the incentive for someone to call in to cancel?  I got sick last year while eating out before seeing The Real Thing.  I emailed them a few days later, and they gave me free tickets for a future performance, but I doubt that is possible for Hamilton.

Most shows are allowing people to exchange their tickets for performances this weekend (including Hamilton). Telecharge has a whole list as does broadway.com

"

"

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#39Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 11:50am

Hamilton in the Blizzard

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#40Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 11:51am

LOL!

VirginiaK
#41Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 11:53am

Someone on the line says they have already sold the tickets they would have used for the Lottery.

ardiem
#42Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 11:54am

ACL2006 said: "Hamilton in the Blizzard

"

Thanks for posting. I was seriously contemplating making my way down there now.

JM226
#43Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:04pm

no lottery, standing room or cancellation. they're just selling OR RESELLING everything at regular price. forget it 

Baiseur82 Profile Photo
Baiseur82
#44Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:08pm

JM226 said: "no lottery, standing room or cancellation. they're just selling OR RESELLING everything at regular price. forget it 

"

Did you go down to the theater? I'm not surprised that they are selling at full price, I mean to be fair it looks like there are plenty of people there willing to pay it!

"I'd rater be nine peoples favorite thing, than a hundred peoples ninth favorite thing"

Hairspray0901
#45Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:12pm

So, I guess Hamilton will be playing to a full house this afternoon! Lol. Crazy! I wonder what other houses will look like for today's matinee? If anyone is heading a show this afternoon, please report back! 

woeisme3
#46Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:26pm

ALADDIN and THE LION KING just cancelled performances. When DISNEY is willing to lose money, that's when you know it's bad!

VirginiaK
#47Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:28pm

Does anybody know the answer to this, re: HAMILTON or other shows:

where a show has some Premium Priced tickets, and then one of those tickets is turned in to the box office at the last minute, does the box office then re-sell that ticket at the Premium Price, OR do they sell it at the price for the section that it's in?

Premium Price tix are basically good seats in any section that are available to people who'll pay big $ for tix that would otherwise be unavailable. 

wssinsider
#48Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:28pm

AEA president said a new announcement about cancelling shows coming at 12:45 pm. Expect most shows to go dark today. Actors are stuck everywhere 

BroadwayConcierge
#49Hamilton in the Blizzard
Posted: 1/23/16 at 12:32pm

I swear to God, if they cancel shows tonight... I just took a leap of faith and shelled out money for a Hamilton Ticketmaster resell ticket for tonight's performance as a major YOLO. Please, Theatre God...

Videos