pixeltracker

James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!- Page 2

James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#25James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 2:19pm

Personally, I think it's an inspired choice.  Plus, he reminds me of a huggable teddy bear.   James Corden likes to have fun and also make fun of himself from time to time.  (That video of him auditioning for the role of Cookie Lyon with the actual Cookie Lyon is priceless.)  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#26James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 2:39pm

I want his opening to be a carpool karaoke with Broadway stars.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#27James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 4:11pm

bjh2114 said: "I want his opening to be a carpool karaoke with Broadway stars."

This needs to be a bit

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#28James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 4:32pm

bjh2114 said: "I want his opening to be a carpool karaoke with Broadway stars.

That would be brilliant. And, of course, singing Broadway tunes. My first 2 choices would be Liza and Audra. Chita would be great and if he could snag Sondheim that would be the best! And I bet he could get them to do it.

"

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 2/2/16 at 04:32 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 4:58pm

This news made me smile!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#30James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 4:58pm

This news made me smile!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

mpkie
#31James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:09pm

So happy! Another reason to tune in! Love James Corden!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#32James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:24pm

5 bucks (us) sez he dress like King George.

mamaleh
#33James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:26pm

Inspired choice!  His put-upon servant in ONE MAN, TWO GUV'NORS was the funniest performance I've ever seen on Broadway.  So looking forward to his hosting.  

Of course, I'd be just as enthusiastic if Hugh Jackman had been tapped for the job, 

Jarethan
#34James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:30pm

I would love it if they did a few of his driving along singing episodes -- whatever they are called -- say with Angela Lansbury and / or Barbara Cook, Patti Lupone, Bernadette Peters, Jerry Herman, Andrew Lloyd Webber, etc., the greats only and things they are associated with...ideally any composers could at least carry a tune, if not sing well.  (Bette Midler doing a few Hello Dolly songs, Liza Minelli...Kander and Ebb).  Since it would be taped, it would also take the pressure off...re-shoots allowed.  Would be incredible.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#35James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:35pm

Jarethan said: "I would love it if they did a few of his driving along singing episodes -- whatever they are called "

Carpool karaoke... as I said in my post above.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#36James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 6:48pm

He could carpool with Sara Bareilles, Jeff Daniels, Gloria Estefan, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jennifer Hudson, Steve Martin, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Lupita Nyong'o, Saoirse Ronan, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Forest Whitaker, Michelle Williams, etc.

Updated On: 2/2/16 at 06:48 PM

mc1227 Profile Photo
mc1227
#37James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/2/16 at 10:39pm

Certainly the best choice from the CBS talent pool.  Agree that anyone other than NPH would have been a good choice.  

The only review of a show that matters is your own.

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#38James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 2:25am

JANE LYNCH WAS ROBBED!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#39James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 1:31pm

I love James Corden. He's adorbs! heart

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#40James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 1:48pm

he should play Winnie the Pooh in the Live Action movie!

When They Go Low, I Go High

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#41James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 5:34pm

I personally think it's inspired casting! Not only is he a big name like NPH, but he has some legit theater cred to his name. Can't wait to see what he does with the gig...and I completely second the idea of his Carpool Karaoke!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#42James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/3/16 at 8:26pm

I've always liked him but so many here in the UK can't stand him.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Renart
#43James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/4/16 at 8:48am

Jarethan said: "I would love it if they did a few of his driving along singing episodes -- whatever they are called -- say with Angela Lansbury and / or Barbara Cook, Patti Lupone, Bernadette Peters, Jerry Herman, Andrew Lloyd Webber, etc., the greats only and things they are associated with...ideally any composers could at least carry a tune, if not sing well.  (Bette Midler doing a few Hello Dolly songs, Liza Minelli...Kander and Ebb).  Since it would be taped, it would also take the pressure off...re-shoots allowed.  Would be incredible.

How about Herman and Sondheim singing each other's songs?

Updated On: 2/4/16 at 08:48 AM

indytallguy
#44James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:03am

Here he is rapping Hamilton with Rosie O'Donnell.

FindingNamo
#45James Corden to Host the 2016 Tony Awards!
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:31am

Great.  The Tonys are going to have a host who calls the cast recording a "soundtrack". 

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Videos