CATS Revival

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#25CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:18pm

Has that flag pole always been there? Or is it new? Do shows usually use it?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadMagTech
#26CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:19pm

They should AT LEAST paint the inside of the Neil Simon black. 

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#27CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:23pm

Gotta give them props for "let the memory live again." Nicely done, marketing. 

HSky
#28CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:28pm

The flag pole has been there.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#29CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:48pm

Doesn't compare to this (or any West End marquee for that matter):

CATS Revival

BroadMagTech
#30CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 5:55pm

Tag said: "Doesn't compare to this (or any West End marquee for that matter):

CATS Revival

They should really put some lights on the outside of the Neil Simon

trpguyy
#31CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 8:46pm

neonlightsxo said: "Usually casting is released by the first day of rehearsal. They may not be in rehearsal yet."

They're not. Rehearsals don't start for a few more weeks. 

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#32CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 8:52pm

I never saw CATS, despite having countless opportunities. I'm almost thinking that if I go, I'll love it. MAMMA MIA syndrome.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#33CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 9:22pm

I am with evic 

Poster Emeritus

neonlightsxo
#34CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 10:24pm

The flag pole has been there as long as I can remember and every show uses it. 

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#35CATS Revival
Posted: 5/4/16 at 10:48pm

I personally love the idea of a smaller theatre. I have always found Cats to be the grittiest of all of those Mackintosh shows. Honestly, I'd love to see it in the round. I've always wished Broadway had another house in the round other than Circle in the Square. 

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#36CATS Revival
Posted: 5/5/16 at 2:51am

I do wish Broadway was more open to new stagings.

that London marquee is boss.'

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#37CATS Revival
Posted: 5/5/16 at 3:46am

Some shows should be revived often, some shows revived every now and then and some should just disappear. "Cats" should disappear, now and forever.

Gymfan15
#38CATS Revival
Posted: 5/5/16 at 5:03am

A bunch of my friends were in a community theater production of CATS last summer and I figured out why that show has stuck around...it's probably a BLAST to be in; lots of numbers, lots of dancing, opportunity to do fun stuff. I think as an audience member, I was enjoying myself a lot less than the cast was, haha. They looked like they were enjoying themselves supremely. 

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#39CATS Revival
Posted: 5/7/16 at 12:42pm

Shows don't run for decades because the performers are having fun. 

I hope ALW has realized his rap take on Tugger already seems more dated than his glam rock take and cuts it 

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#40CATS Revival
Posted: 5/7/16 at 12:48pm

JudyDenmark said: "Gotta give them props for "let the memory live again." Nicely done, marketing. 

"

Has this never been used in america before? It's used in the uk all the time for tours etc

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#41CATS Revival
Posted: 7/1/16 at 4:10pm

I didn't want to start a new thread dedicated to a rather negative question, but I feel I must ask... does ANYBODY care about this production? Though I've been seeing advertisements for the production rather frequently, I literally have not heard a single rumbling or talk of excitement from a friend or colleague about this. It seems, to me at least, that there is absolutely no buzz at all. Can anybody else chime in?

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#42CATS Revival
Posted: 7/1/16 at 4:13pm

It's already sold out for a year and a half.  No need for advertising.

KIDDING!!!

rangersrule132
#43CATS Revival
Posted: 7/1/16 at 4:21pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I didn't want to start a new thread dedicated to a rather negative question, but I feel I must ask... does ANYBODY care about this production? Though I've been seeing advertisements for the production rather frequently, I literally have not heard a single rumbling or talk of excitement from a friend or colleague about this. It seems, to me at least, that there is absolutely no buzz at all. Can anybody else chime in?

"

As someone who grew up with watching the VHS when the first released it and then saw it 3 times before the age of 5 I can say I am someone who is certainly excited for it. However, now that I am older I can certainly understand the stupidity of the show and see why people do not like it. What I am curious about is The updated choreography, I'm excited to see what Andy blankenbuehler can do.

Updated On: 7/1/16 at 04:21 PM

broadwayboy223
#44CATS Revival
Posted: 7/1/16 at 4:22pm

Pretty sure they went into the studio to record Memory as a single 

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#45CATS Revival
Posted: 7/1/16 at 4:51pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I didn't want to start a new thread dedicated to a rather negative question, but I feel I must ask... does ANYBODY care about this production? Though I've been seeing advertisements for the production rather frequently, I literally have not heard a single rumbling or talk of excitement from a friend or colleague about this. It seems, to me at least, that there is absolutely no buzz at all. Can anybody else chime in?"

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm barely hearing anything about this. Like are they updating the set? Is this basically the same show we all saw as kids? Does anyone still care? I used to love this album when I was young but I can't muster the energy to get excited about this or even mildly interested for the sake of nostalgia. 

Then again, I felt this same way about both Les Mis revivals. Would be great if they waited a few decades and had a genuinely fresh take on these stories.

Am I missing something? Am I just Debbie Downer up in here?

trpguyy
#46CATS Revival
Posted: 7/1/16 at 5:15pm

Yes, the set, orchestrations, choreography, etc are all new.

Just like the original, the revival is not for "theatre people." It's for tourists who "need to see Cats, it's a classic." The same reason Phantom has been around for so long.

RW3
#47CATS Revival
Posted: 7/1/16 at 5:25pm

We will all find out on July 14th.