pixeltracker

Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness- Page 2

Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness

DontTellPaul2 Profile Photo
DontTellPaul2
#25Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:46pm

It's interesting that people think she's mad. It seems to me like she knew exactly what was going on the whole time. The producers wanted a "name" and she wanted to perform on Broadway. Sounds like a deal to me. She obviously was not too concerned with the Tony Awards, considering that her contract was negotiated to end before June.

KathyNYC2
#26Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:49pm

Oh that's an interesting point of view. Maybe we are reading her tweet with the wrong angle...^^

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#27Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:50pm

You're telling me she didn't go into this thinking she'd get at least a Tony nomination? Please.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#28Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:51pm

Well, at least she can acknowledge she's not a good actor.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

broadwayboy223
#29Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:52pm

If it wasn't such a competitive category I would have loved to see Jennifer and even Joannna nominated. Jen"s connection with Cynthia was so real and palpable. Oh well. I hope this doesn't discourage her from coming back 

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#30Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:53pm

My eyes were on Danielle and Cynthia the whole time. And honestly, Jennifer's performance was great but not Tony standard.

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#31Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:53pm

I agree...it MIGHT not be saltiness at all....but just honesty.  And if she was hired simply for her celebrity, good for the committee not to just placate her with a nom.

I liked her performance VERY much until the last scene, then I felt I was just watching JHud waiting to go home.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#32Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:55pm

I thought the entire show was her waiting to go home and pick up a paycheck.

Jennifer Simard deserves the nomination, as does everyone else in the category. Sometimes people are just better than other people - and that can be difficult to accept when you've been told you're a special snowflake for so long.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#33Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:56pm

backwoodsbarbie said: "She's right. She was cast for her celebrity and she is selling the tickets. Shug Avery isn't a particularly well written role.

Of course she was cast for her celebrity. High-profile roles rarely go to unknowns. But that doesn't mean she doesn't also have recognizable talent. I guess she hasn't learned yet that awards aren't everything.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#34Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:59pm

She"s flying her diva flag today!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#35Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 1:59pm

DontTellPaul2 said: "It's interesting that people think she's mad. It seems to me like she knew exactly what was going on the whole time. The producers wanted a "name" and she wanted to perform on Broadway. Sounds like a deal to me. She obviously was not too concerned with the Tony Awards, considering that her contract was negotiated to end before June."

That's exactly how I read it too. Statement of fact: my presence was used for my celebrity. And I'm usually the first one to find the sarcasm in something!

Margo319
#36Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:00pm

Getting compliments and standing ovations nightly should be enough for her.  When I was there people roared and whistled for her for a long time.  I don't like people who come in to a show JUST for a Tony, and then leave shortly after.  It's annoying, and it happens all the time.

brian1973
#37Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:01pm

Her performance was not good enough. She has a hell of a voice but she didn't bother to act. She doesn't deserve to be nominated.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#38Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:02pm

Can someone post the screen shot? It appears she already deleted the tweet!

Margo319
#39Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:04pm

"brian1973 said: "Her performance was not good enough. She has a hell of a voice but she didn't bother to act. She doesn't deserve to be nominated."

YUP

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#40Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:04pm

After giving a string of wooden film performances, Hudson's performance reminded me she can actually act. Brooks, however, was the star for me. So happy for her!

EvanK Profile Photo
EvanK
#41Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:05pm

But what was the tweet!' Agh. 

brian1973
#42Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:06pm

Brooks is fabulous in it..well deserved nomination

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#43Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:08pm

But who is her tweet directed at? Doesn't even make sense. "They used me for my celebrity and not my talent." Is that directed at the Tony committee? Her producers? Was she expected more of a push from them to try and get a nomination? Seems a bit misdirected. 

Let's be honest, Jennifer can sing the hell out of that role. But she can sing the hell out of anything. It just did not have the standout acting performance the other two ladies gave in addition to their singing. 

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 5/3/16 at 02:08 PM

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#44Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:14pm

Hudson has a voice that will melt your face and bring you to tears. Exceptional. Her acting is weak. Shug Avery is dangerous, volatile, sensual and volcanic. She is alluring to everyone. Hudson played her like a Miss Thing with side eyes, eye rolls, hand on hip. She had moments where Cynthia elevated her performance to transcendent but that was due to Cynthia.

It's a good thing she is on her way out. She'll probably be more difficult now.

Beyoncé was better in Dreamgirls-a complete physical transformation and a shattering performance that got overshadowed.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#45Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:15pm

Let's be real: Hudson's acting skills have never been her glory. Bill Condon and Virginia Katz should have their names engraved on her Oscar.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

10086sunset
#46Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:18pm

Way to be a team player.

Imagine the cast and crew must love her right now.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#47Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:23pm

For what it's worth, she seems to have endeared herself to her castmates. I attended the Drama League Up Close event with Cynthia Erivo and she got very choked up when asked about Jennifer leaving the show. It was genuine. 

It really seemed like Hudson took to the Broadway vibe and enjoyed all of its quirks but likely has gotten tired towards the end of her run. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#48Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:23pm

JBroadway said: "Holy crap! How immature! 

I just took a screenshot of that. Knowing how these things go, she'll probably delete that tweet very soon. 

"

Time to post the screenshot. The tweet is already a goner.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#49Jennifer Hudson tweets saltiness
Posted: 5/3/16 at 2:27pm