pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 40

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#975HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 9:56am

Mark my words, expect Ana Villafañe to turn up in HAMILTON now that ON YOUR FEET! has closed.  

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#976HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:08am

^wow, never crossed my mind. But I'd love to see her as Eliza.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#977HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:26am

Ana Villafañe would be wonderful in Hamilton.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#978HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:28am

I could see Ana as any Schuyler sister, honestly. She would be wonderful. 

I'm also hoping Eva Noblezada makes her way to the Richard Rodgers after Saigon closes in January. She would be a stunning Eliza. 

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#979HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:50am

i'd love to see both actresses in one of these companies, great call

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#980HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 6:10pm

Doesn't Heather Headley live in Chicago now? Think there's ever a chance that she'll step in as Angelica in that company? I would love to see her delivery of It's Quiet Uptown, and that one line in Satisfied - "at least I keep his eyes in my life".

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

hamiltonstradition
#981HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 7:53pm

I've heard that, Hamilton CHI might turn into the 2NT..... much like Wicked did. They are only selling tickets until 1/8 and the tour opens 2/6.

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#982HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:09pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Mark my words, expect Ana Villafañe to turn up in HAMILTON now that ON YOUR FEET! has closed.  

I was at the ON YOUR FEET!  closing where I spotted Hamilton ensemble Tanairi Vazquez visit her old castmates, and it did cross my mind, wouldn't it be wonderful to have Ana as Eliza.  Her face has an innocence, would make the marriage infidelity and loss of her son so heartbreaking.  It's what Phillipa brought to me in the role; she'd make me weep!  I've seen Lexi twice and I just don't feel as sorry for her as I did for Phillipa. I had a bit more empathy when Alysha played Eliza.  And I'm not particularly fond of how Lexi sings Burn.  She's so 'upset' that between the lyrics she takes these deep breaths of anger and all I hear is like a wheeze.  "You forfeit all rights to my heart (WHEEZE) You forfeit your place in our bed (WHEEZE) You sleep in your office instead (WHEEZE)"  it's all I hear.  Anyone else pick up on this?  Maybe I'm just hearing too much!

MtTemple4 Profile Photo
MtTemple4
#983HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:13pm

Oh yes, I hear the wheeze. To be honest, she had such a flat affect throughout the show when I first saw her that I will take the wheeze. I much preferred Solea Pfeiffer in SF and Elizabeth Judd the time I saw her on for Eliza. Lexi has grown on me but I'd love someone new. 

chi-town_bwayfangirl
#984HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 10:57pm

hamiltonstradition said: "I've heard that, Hamilton CHI might turn into the 2NT..... much like Wicked did. They are only selling tickets until 1/8 and the tour opens 2/6.

"

I've been thinking the same thing...just waiting for the announcement and telling all my friends to just get tix now rather than waiting for the next block of tickets to go on sale. 

Ahmy
#985HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 11:07pm

hamiltonstradition said: "I've heard that, Hamilton CHI might turn into the 2NT..... much like Wicked did. They are only selling tickets until 1/8 and the tour opens 2/6.

"

I hope that's true. I'd love to see what Gregory Treco is like as Burr. (There's some stuff on Tumblr, but it's not the same as seeing it live.)

adagio
#986HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/22/17 at 11:09pm

chi-town_bwayfangirl said: "hamiltonstradition said: "I've heard that, Hamilton CHI might turn into the 2NT..... much like Wicked did. They are only selling tickets until 1/8 and the tour opens 2/6.

"

I've been thinking the same thing...just waiting for the announcement and telling all my friends to just get tix now rather than waiting for the next block of tickets to go on sale. 

"

I have tickets to the last show currently on sale for exactly this reason. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but either way I'm prepared. Worst case, I finally get to see the alternate after seeing (& loving!) Miguel Cervantes several times.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#987HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/23/17 at 5:53am

They've just announced a new block of tickets for Chicago . https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Be-in-the-Room-Where-it-Happens-New-Block-of-Tickets-On-Sale-Next-Week-for-HAMILTON-in-Chicago-20170823

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BwayinVan
#988HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/26/17 at 3:34pm

Now that I've booked my return visit this spring I'm intrigued as to any cast changes. Any idea how long Javier is gonna stick around? Having senn Lin last time I'd love to see Javi's take. From what I've seen Lexi doesn't really do it for me. I'd love to see Elizabeth Judd promoted to a principal. I'd imagine there will be some changes between now and April. Looking forward to seeing a different take on the show from when I saw the OBC. 

BroadwayConcierge
#989HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/26/17 at 3:37pm

I'm also awaiting departure dates for Javi, Lexi, and Mandy. Those roles are in dire need of fresh energy.

BwayinVan
#990HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/26/17 at 4:00pm

Surely there will be some changes soon. With the new block of tickets just released you'd think they would want to start fresh. 

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#991HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/26/17 at 4:25pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "I'm also awaiting departure dates for Javi, Lexi, and Mandy. Those roles are in dire need of fresh energy.

Yes, agree on these 3 changes.  I've been happy with Javi but when I saw the show with Jevon on as Hamilton, I was surprised that I enjoyed his portrayal.  It had some of the comedy that Lin brought, like in Non-Stop. I also loved Nik Walker's Burr.  When he realized he really just wanted to be in the room where it happens, his facial expression and how he sang the verse was great.  He let us know "oh man!  That's all I want!  I wanna be in there!".

BwayinVan
#992HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/26/17 at 9:34pm

Judging from Mandy's twitter it looks like Gregory Haney is leaving to join the London company 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#993HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/26/17 at 10:29pm

Fun video! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4MdnCLxEr4&feature=share

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#994HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/27/17 at 11:32am

Yes, Gregory Haney is going to be the dance captain or assistant dance captain in London. Stephanie Klemons mentioned it recently on an instagram story.

BroadwayConcierge
#995HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 8/29/17 at 7:56pm

Bryan Terrell Clark posted on his Instagram story today that he has news to share "soon" about something "coming this fall." This could certainly have no bearing on his being in Hamilton, but worth throwing into the discussion.

BroadwayConcierge
#996HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/3/17 at 3:09pm

Per Lexi Lawson's Instagram story today, it's Alysha Deslorieux's final day in Hamilton. Hopefully this means we can expect a Broadway cast information press release tomorrow...

Edit: Looks like Joanna Jones' first performance as Peggy/Maria will be September 23. So there'll be two and a half weeks of Syndee Winters and understudies in that role, then.

Updated On: 9/3/17 at 03:09 PM

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#997HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/4/17 at 12:34am

I got the impression Javi likes the steady work, or is he staying longer to make up for lost work time due to illness?   It hasn't seemed like he was in any hurry.

On July 2,  I asked Thayne Jasperson if he was leaving and he said, "No, I'm staying. I don't have anything else lined up."  I presume he's still there. Always liked him.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#998HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/4/17 at 12:36am

As an actor, being in a "hot ticket" show, the steady work, playing to sold-out crowds, why leave? Unless you're like Joshua Henry going on to something bigger.

BroadwayConcierge
#999HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 9/4/17 at 12:40am

Thayne is a standout in the ensemble. I adore that guy.

I'm continually surprised that Javi is still sticking it out as the principal Hamilton. He was out this entire past weekend, and his absences due to illness/injury is far from an anomaly. Truth be told, I'm surprised there isn't some Equity attendance rule he's crossed over, given the number of times I've heard about Webber and McFerrin going on for the role over the past several months. Of course, like RippedMan said, he's got a killer gig, but how much longer can he really withstand it?

Videos