pixeltracker

What are the worst musicals you ever saw- Page 5

What are the worst musicals you ever saw

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#100What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 7:45pm

Although there have been many shows I didn't like, some people did and all I can say, they weren't my taste. HOWEVER: BROOKLYN was perhaps the most misguided piece of carpola I ever sat through. Got comp seats six rows from stage center orchestra. Wanted so badly to leave but we were sandwiched in. There was no intermission!

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#101What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 8:15pm

I walked out of "Sweet Smell of Success" and I've never been able to get through the cast recording...which I bought prior to seeing the show.

broadwayboy223
#102What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 10:30pm

Mr Roxy said: "Disagree with many of the choices above

My choices are

Via Galactica

Metro

Don't Play Us Cheap

Chu Chem

Utter Glory Of Morrisey Hall

Legs Diamond

"

Anyone know if there is a cast recording for Metro? I've heard good things about the score 

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#103What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 10:51pm

Full House the Musical 

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#104What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 10:58pm

broadwayboy223 said: "Anyone know if there is a cast recording for Metro? I've heard good things about the score"

I have a recording of it, but I've never listened. you could look on castalbums.org for more info.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#105What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 11:14pm

hork said: "But no one is claiming that these are the worst musicals ever written, or even necessarily bad musicals. The title of the thread is "worst musicals you've ever seen." Which people are naming.  The "meaning" is exactly that, and it has exactly as much value as one's interest in the answers. Maybe some people are fortunate enough to have never seen a truly bad musical. No one is evaluating anything, they're just answering a simple survey question."

well yes, I know. Which takes us back to stupid. What possible value is there in knowing what musical some random anonymous person ranks as the worst when it is untethered to any context. Assuming good grammar skills, they  may have seen three musicals in total and still assess one "worst." So let's see, I'm supposed to care about the conclusion of someone who is "fortunate enough to have never seen a truly bad musical." Like: "I have seen West Side Story, Fiddler on the Roof and Gypsy, and Gypsy is definitely the worst musical I have ever seen." A "simple survey" that doesn't (and can't)  "evaluat[e] anything" is stupid. 

MoDance0934 Profile Photo
MoDance0934
#106What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 11:14pm

My choices:

Paramour - I saw it this past weekend and was NOT amused. I expected better from Cirque... They wasted good talent

Finding Neverland - Even when Matthew Morrison was in this, I wasn't impressed. No emotion from any of the performers

Rock of Ages - Just another Jukebox musical...

Trish2
#107What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 11:21pm

#HotFeet

¿Macavity?
#108What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 11:59pm

Jekyll & Hyde, aside from the score....it was very forgettable.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#109What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:11am

Caroline, or Change

It Shoulda Been You

Title of Show

Leap of Faith

Amazing Grace

The Last Ship

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#110What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:13am

Robbie2 said: "It Shoulda Been You"

Oh, yes, I forgot about this gem.

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#111What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:17am

Dirty Dancing and a terrible non equity tour of Camelot that was trying to go for a Game of Thrones vibe.

ashk8177
#112What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:34am

VintageSnarker said: "I don't seek out "dreck" but, for one reason or another, I tend to catch a lot of Broadway shows that have short runs/close early. But I tend to still find a lot of redeeming things in shows like Doctor Zhivago, Allegiance, Tuck Everlasting, etc. while acknowledging their flaws.

So my choices are Deep Love: A Ghostly Rock Opera at NYMF, Speakeasy at Theater for the New City, and Evening 1910 at Axis Theatre.

I'm sorry that you also saw the atrociousness that was Evening 1910....whew. If it wasn't a tiny theatre where it would have been noticed and hurt the actor's feelings, I would have left early for the first time ever. It wasn't their fault, but the material was deadly boring. 

"

hork Profile Photo
hork
#113What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:42am

HogansHero said: "hork said: "But no one is claiming that these are the worst musicals ever written, or even necessarily bad musicals. The title of the thread is "worst musicals you've ever seen." Which people are naming.  The "meaning" is exactly that, and it has exactly as much value as one's interest in the answers. Maybe some people are fortunate enough to have never seen a truly bad musical. No one is evaluating anything, they're just answering a simple survey question."

well yes, I know. Which takes us back to stupid. What possible value is there in knowing what musical some random anonymous person ranks as the worst when it is untethered to any context. Assuming good grammar skills, they  may have seen three musicals in total and still assess one "worst." So let's see, I'm supposed to care about the conclusion of someone who is "fortunate enough to have never seen a truly bad musical." Like: "I have seen West Side Story, Fiddler on the Roof and Gypsy, and Gypsy is definitely the worst musical I have ever seen." A "simple survey" that doesn't (and can't)  "evaluat[e] anything" is stupid. 

And yet you keep coming back to the thread. It's not stupid, it's just a question. You're not "supposed to care about" it. It's here if you're interested. If not, you're free to pay it no mind. No one cares that you don't care.

And anyway, it's a safe assumption that anyone who is a member of this board has seen more than three musicals. 

broadwayboy223
#114What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:46am

maxkko said: "Dirty Dancing and a terrible non equity tour of Camelot that was trying to go for a Game of Thrones vibe.

"

OMG I thought I was the only one who saw that production of Camelot. It was my first experience seeing the show and I had no idea what was going on. It was awful. I was also sitting in the back of the orchestra and I could see the Guenivere's large jaw brato. So painful.

broadwayboy223
#115What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:46am

maxkko said: "Dirty Dancing and a terrible non equity tour of Camelot that was trying to go for a Game of Thrones vibe.

"

OMG I thought I was the only one who saw that production of Camelot. It was my first experience seeing the show and I had no idea what was going on. It was awful. I was also sitting in the back of the orchestra and I could see the Guenivere's large jaw brato. So painful.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#116What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 1:26am

@hork, ya know, I kinda agree. I very rarely click on threads like this. For some reason I thought this one might have something interesting in it but when I started reading I realized the abject banality of it, and I reacted to that. I guess I will never understand why, when there is so much interesting to discuss (especially at this time of year) we have multiple threads treading in such banal waters. but whatever. I'll endeavor to avoid such in the future more vigilantly. I only kept coming back, you will notice, to carry on this discussion with you that at least had a modicum of intelligence about it. 

Updated On: 6/6/16 at 01:26 AM

Trina55
#117What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 1:57am

Dance of the Vampires was absolutely atrocious in the absolute best way. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard. The badness of it was so entertaining, I went back a second time and took friends!!

mostly_musicals
#118What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 2:45am

• BROOKLYN. #1 all time pick. The show that made forever nervous about intermissionless shows as it became rapidly clear that they'd lose 1/2 the audience if given a chance. I  will (unfortunately) never forget being held hostage through:

I got Brooklyn in the blood racing through my veins/roamin through my body like a subway train.  Brooklyn in the blood, diamonds in my eyes / it's a way of life, it's the way I'm gonna die. 

• WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN... not sure i've seen this mentioned, It's incomprehensible to me how that much talent could come together to create that show.
  • DANCE OF THE VAMPIRES. 1st B'way show i ever saw. i knew it was going to be bad going in.
  • Thanks everyone who reminded me of DIRTY DANCING, saw it on tour in Boston.
  • I really disliked ONCE, but i don't think it was the worst, just that i disliked it.

From attending and working in Fringe Festivals on both coasts along with other festivals, i have experienced SO MUCH WORSE however.

andynihao
#119What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 4:08am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "How can a theatre fan HATE fun home? I don't care if you hate the music, the story should at the very least make you feel empathy. 

"

The problem is, if you walk in Circle in the Square knowing nothing about the material, it may take some time to figure out the girls are the same person. This might ruin the first number depending on how perceptive you are.
"

I walked in knowing absolutely NOTHING about Fun Home, yet I pretty much understood immediately. How much more indication does one need when the oldest version walks around saying "this is me", "this is my dad"...??

bunnie3 Profile Photo
bunnie3
#120What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 4:09am

Late Nite Comic,  Truckload, Wheelbarrow Closers,  Let my People Come,  Music Is, to name a few.

I'm "TINY"aka TheTinyMagic. BWW log on problems forever. Yeesh.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#121What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 8:34am

Unless I am wrong, Wheelbarrow was not a musical. I unfortunately saw it and do not recall there being any music.Saw Music Is and remember nothing of it. Have the cast album of Let . All I can say is FEH.

Poster Emeritus

mamaleh
#122What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 8:50am

Those that come immediately to mind:

TITLE OF SHOW

HOT FEET

ONCE

IN MY LIFE

theatregeek6 Profile Photo
theatregeek6
#123What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:27pm

I can usually find something really positive about every show I see-even ones some would consider bad.  Live theatre usually has something to offer for me.

However----that being said---Via Galactica - I don't think there are enough synonyms for travesty to describe that mess.  Brilliant actors (Virginia Vestoff, Raul Julia, Irene Cara) and writers gone so wrong.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#124What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/6/16 at 12:41pm

BroadwayNYC25 said: "To all the people that said Fun Home, 

The only reason you didn't like it was because you didn't understand it. The direction is so unique that not most theater goers would understand. The same thing goes for the characters. It is not often that you see three people playing one character. But, the reason it won Best Musical is because it is a beautiful piece of musical theater. If you looked at the people in the audience you would see how much it moves people. Audience members of all ages are connecting with those characters. It is a wonderful show that you are just incapable of wrapping your head around.

P.S. If you have something wrong with the fact that Allison is a lesbian and Bruce is gay than you are on the wrong website.

"

I won't see FUN HOME until it comes to LA next Spring. But even if one thinks the show doesn't work, the sheer inventiveness and breathtaking honesty of songs such as "Ring of Keys" and "Changing My Major to Joan" should keep the show off anyone's "worst" list.