pixeltracker

In Transit to Circle in the Square- Page 2

In Transit to Circle in the Square

BWWMatt Profile Photo
BWWMatt
#25In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 6/27/16 at 5:00pm

ClumsyDude, they all performed in a concert production at 54 Below a few months ago. I don't think they have been confirmed for the Broadway production though: 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/cabaret/article/Lindsay-Mendez-Erin-Mackey-and-More-Set-for-IN-TRANSIT-in-Concert-at-Feinsteins54-Below-20160121

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#26In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 6/27/16 at 5:22pm

Ah, okay. It was just odd considering they don't mention the concert [at least from what I could tell in that article].

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

chesneysnow
#27In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 6/28/16 at 7:13am

I love and have enjoyed reading the boards for years and this is my first post :) I just wanted to say give it a chance... I know the incredibly talented team and they have spent 16 years crafting something innovative in form, funny, and touching. It's really a beautiful love letter to NYC... it deserves a shot at their dreams on Broadway... 

Updated On: 6/28/16 at 07:13 AM

Liza's Headband
#28In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 6/28/16 at 7:27am

Yes, it's clear your first post has an ulterior motive. No shilling will help your case. Try out transparency in the future. 

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#29In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 6/28/16 at 7:50am

Wow! This is pleasantly surprising! I saw the off-broadway run and absolutely loved it. It's a very touching musical (in the style of rock-a-pella if you remember them) about being stuck in your life. I loved it but I remember thinking that it would never make it on Broadway. That being said, I think it will be a cult classic among us board-readers even if it opens and closes. I imagine Kristin LOpez' new found fame and power have something to do with this transfer. Good for her. I'm looking forward to seeing this again. 

Maybe they can stunt cast it with a celebrity or two. Neil Patrick Harris and Uzo Adub would be perfect for this! :) 

chesneysnow
#30In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 6/28/16 at 7:54am

Oh sorry there is no ulterior motive... as I said I know the team and they are wonderful and the work is wonderful :) I have been a part of past productions and seen it grow. I think this team is amazing.

As a performer I respect hard work and sacrifice even if I don't like the show itself. I always wish positivity for people. 

I have also never hide who I am in any on public forum. So I'm completely transparent :) anyway I wish the best for the show... and just say give it a chance I think people will be surprised because it's a very touching, funny, beautiful show. 

Updated On: 6/28/16 at 07:54 AM

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#31In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:53pm

JeffDaEgg2 said: ""In Transit follows the intertwining lives of eleven New Yorkers, all hoping to catch the express train to success, love and happiness...and the stops they make along the way."  
I think I sprained my eyes from rolling them so hard.
"

THANK YOU for the biggest laugh of the day - thus far.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#32In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 6/28/16 at 5:17pm

Would local 802 require them pay for an orchestra?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#33In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 6/28/16 at 5:52pm

I think they can list is a play and then be exempt from instruments on that technicality.

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#34In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 7/16/16 at 9:01am

Telecharge lists first preview as Nov. 10 and opening as December 11.

https://www.telecharge.com/Broadway/In-Transit/Overview

JIMG3
#35In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 7/16/16 at 5:26pm

I'm looking at the telecharge link, and I don't see any mention of a start date. 

gooftroop Profile Photo
gooftroop
#36In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 7/18/16 at 9:06am

This show has been on my radar for a while and now it is happening.  I put it out in the universe that I wanna be a part of this or at least be able to enjoy it from the audience.   Acapella music (if done well) can be pretty darn amazing...    Lets see what happens....

I dunno, I work in n Broadway so I guess I need to post here too. Right?

Harrisonmlewis Profile Photo
Harrisonmlewis
#37In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 7/22/16 at 8:23pm

I feel like with this opening at about the same time as Dear Evan Hansen it will be really overshadowed. I'm almost sensing a Hamilton- like phenomenon- obviously not as huge but everyone will be rushing to DEH at that time I think considering all the hype.

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#38In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 8/22/16 at 4:06pm

Any word on the casting for this? Seems like Significant Other will prevent Lindsay Mendez's participation... which is a bummer. 

Jesus saves. I spend.

buhbuhbilly Profile Photo
buhbuhbilly
#40In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 8/30/16 at 9:09am

Great group! 

theaterdrew Profile Photo
theaterdrew
#41In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 8/30/16 at 9:31am

Fun fact: in high school, Guarini was in an all-male a capella group called "The Midnight Voices" that used to compete in national competitions.  

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#42In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 8/30/16 at 9:47am

^ where's the fun part of that fact?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

broadwayboy223
#43In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 8/30/16 at 12:14pm

Lindsay Mendez really isn't doing this? Wasn't she involved with this show for forever? Just kind of seems like a mistake to me.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#44In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 8/30/16 at 12:22pm

Mendez is most likely joining Significant Other when it opens in the Spring. I think she has a more challenging part, and the cast is smaller - giving her a better chance come award season.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Jarethan
#45In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 8/30/16 at 5:51pm

I hope this proves to be a monster hit because it is trying to do something different, but it is one thing to have an a cappella song for effect...and another to have the entire score sung a cappella.  I would expect it to grow very tiresome and will definitely wait to hear what Whizzer Marvin has to say, along with everyone else on this board.

VintageSnarker
#46In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 8/30/16 at 6:18pm

Oh. This is nice, I guess. It's difficult to be excited about a show you know so little about. It's starting performances in November. When do you think the press push will start?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#47In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 8/30/16 at 6:18pm

Lovely cast. I will, however, be very surprised if this becomes commercially successful.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#48In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 8/30/16 at 6:31pm

Great cast! But the PR team really needs to get their act together. I forgot this show was even happening and I'm a Broadway fan!

Pootie2
#49In Transit to Circle in the Square
Posted: 9/25/16 at 10:23pm

This wasn't on my radar at all until James Snyder posted about moving again, and then the official Twitter account doesn't even link back to the official website.

Like others, I just don't find the blurb interesting at all, but it's tough to make those particularly interesting, I suppose.

Still, I'm intrigued by the original works that are coming to Broadway now. Dear Evan Hansen, Come From Away, and this... Can't wait for the preview thread, really.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin
Updated On: 9/25/16 at 10:23 PM