pixeltracker

And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?- Page 4

And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#75And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 8:37am

I've been saying Michael K. Lee for weeks! (OK, maybe a week.)

Also, no one has pointed out yet that "LaneBryant" has posted a LOT about Shuffle Along.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#76And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 8:48am

In the other replacement thread its been discussed that the new Eliza is Lexi Lawson.

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#77And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 8:53am

FlySkyHigh said: "I know this thread is about who is the new Burr, but the new Eliza will probably be announced next week too hopefully. Any guesses?

If they keep it in the shuffle family, Adrienne Warren. Or even Courney Reed from Aladdin. She's been in that show for three years. Maybe she's ready for a whole new world.
"

In different thread someone said the new Eliza is Lexi Lawson. TBH I don't remember which thread it was in, there are too many Hamilton ones.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#78And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 9:01am

Bottom of page 4 and top of page 5.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1092608&page=5

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

neonlightsxo
#79And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 9:17am

Laura Benanti. No matinees, though.

pupscotch
#80And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 9:47am

FlySkyHigh said: "I know this thread is about who is the new Burr, but the new Eliza will probably be announced next week too hopefully. Any guesses?

If they keep it in the shuffle family, Adrienne Warren. Or even Courney Reed from Aladdin. She's been in that show for three years. Maybe she's ready for a whole new world.

"

It was discussed that the new Eliza is Lexi Lawson. I'd LOVE to see Adrienne Warren as Peggy/Maria though, I think she'd be PERFECT.

broadwaysfguy
#81And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:18am

joshua henry would tear a new one into this role....he was incredbule in violet, very exciting prospect

also, i could totally see Lin dropping in or subbing in on one of the productions and playing burr and would have a blast doing it and do a fantastic job

Lastly excited here leslie say he would play burr again anywhere, anytime....come on out to SF leslie for a few months and kick the US tour off...

Broadway Forever2
#82And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:20am

I'm annoyed OP just left. He should come back and give us another hint. 

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#83And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:28am

broadwaysfguy said: "also, i could totally see Lin dropping in or subbing in on one of the productions and playing burr and would have a blast doing it and do a fantastic job"

The only way that could happen is if Lin completely re-wrote the role for himself. He doesn't even come close to having the vocal ability to play role as it currently is. Even Lin himself is very aware of his own singing limitations; he's mentioned it publicly on multiple occasions. Many even believe he's not a good enough singer to play Hamilton. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#84And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:30am

broadwaysfguy said: "joshua henry would tear a new one into this role....he was incredbule in violet, very exciting prospect

also, i could totally see Lin dropping in or subbing in on one of the productions and playing burr and would have a blast doing it and do a fantastic job

Lastly excited here leslie say he would play burr again anywhere, anytime....come on out to SF leslie for a few months and kick the US tour off...
"

Anything is possible but my guess is that the anywhere he has in mind is across the pond. Re LMM as Burr, I doubt it. Aside from the vocal issues, he is apparently uncomfortable dancing (note that he wrote a role for himself in which he basically walks around while everyone else is dancing).

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#85And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:37am

Someone should consult the unofficial list for the actors waiting in line for their chance to wait in line to be seen at auditions.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#86And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:58am

I have a funny feeling nobody on the short list is doing any auditioning. 

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#87And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 12:17pm

I don't see why someone from SA can't take the job. The theater is across the alley, they could have been in rehearsals since the closing announcement and I don't think any SA ticket holders are going to care if he's not there anymore. I saw SA in previews and Henry seemed to be underused but I don't remember how much he was involved in the big dance numbers. It's quite possible that he has the energy to have been rehearsing before and after SA for the past two weeks, right? 

Eta sorry if this posts more than once, I kept getting error messages 

Updated On: 7/1/16 at 12:17 PM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#88And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 12:19pm

Hellob said: "I don't think any SA ticket holders are going to care if he's not there anymore."

Except dramamama clearly said she wants Josh to be in Shuffle when she sees it.

I think OP will be back, it's only been 18 hours since they first posted.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

SFFrontRow
#89And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 12:24pm

TotallyEffed said: "Maybe an understudy will go on for a few weeks until the new actor is prepared. Seems pretty odd if they really did wait this long to cast the replacement.

Not so odd when you factor in them negotiating the leeds to extend. And I think the other posters are correct, use the understudies to fill the gap. Then have the understudies star in the Chicago sit down. Gives that cast a link to the Broadway production and more gravitas for the shutdown inChicago )not that they need it with this show).

10086sunset
#90And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 12:34pm

LaneBryant said: "But, people on these boards are sooooooooo obsessed with Hamilton, it's entertaining."

Yep, just these boards are obsessed with Hamilton.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#91And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 12:40pm

gypsy101 said: "Hellob said: "I don't think any SA ticket holders are going to care if he's not there anymore."

Except dramamama clearly said she wants Josh to be in Shuffle when she sees it.

I think OP will be back, it's only been 18 hours since they first posted.

"

Lol....other way around.  I've already seen him in Shuffle, I was referring to the possiblility of not seeing him in Hamilton (if it's him).   IF it's him, I DO want him to leave SA!  (selfish girl that I am)

Hellob - because the producers OF Shuffle Along might not let them out of their contract.   It's unusual for the to keep someone back, but it would't suprise me if they held on tight.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#92And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 1:21pm

JBroadway said: " Even Lin himself is very aware of his own singing limitations; he's mentioned it publicly on multiple occasions. Many even believe he's not a good enough singer to play Hamilton."

I believe that. 

"

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

vampire musical
#93And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 1:56pm

Someone from Shuffle could easily do it.  Leslie leaves July 9th.  Sydney goes on for 3 weeks.  He can't do the role full-time longer than that without being offered a contract for the role per Equity.  Then bring in the new actor after Shuffle closes on the July 24 and have him start Hamilton performances the following week all while rehearsing for Burr during the day in the weeks leading up to his first Hamilton performance.  

My vote is for Brandon Victor Dixon

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#94And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 1:58pm

whoops! I must have misread lol. never mind hellob.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

sparepart973
#95And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 2:02pm

There are other black men employed all over Broadway, so I don't see why the guessing game is restricted to SA. There are tons of eligible guys in Lion King, Book of Mormon, etc. 

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#96And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 2:11pm

I'm sure this would be on a case-by-case basis, but if an actor is currently working on Broadway, how would he get out of his contract to take the job in Hamilton? Have producers been known to release people? Otherwise, only people whose contracts happen to be ending could audition. Or whose shows were closing. 

neonlightsxo
#97And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 2:19pm

^ That's not true. Actors almost always have an out in their contract to leave if they get a new job.

How do you think Groff got out? Updated On: 7/1/16 at 02:19 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#98And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 3:00pm

neonlightsxo said: "^ That's not true. Actors almost always have an out in their contract to leave if they get a new job.

How do you think Groff got out? "

Actually THAT's incorrect. Most term contracts do not have an out for other employment. Groff is the exception (as was Audra) and you will recall he left the show to film Looking as well. He may have been on a shorter contract, or he may have had a film/tv out in his contract, or he may not have had a term contract at all. But in general, these actors are committed for the term, and in general producers are not willing to let loose of someone, and in particular I'd bet the ranch Rudin is not letting anyone out. The timing is perfect for being put in on the frame after Shuffle closes. 

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#99And the new Aaron Burr is.....Here are the clues. Can you guess who?
Posted: 7/1/16 at 3:30pm

Groff was probably contracted on different terms than everyone else in the cast because the other actors were probably contracted for Broadway before the Public Theatre run, and he joined midway through that.