pixeltracker

UPDATE: IN TRANSIT Sets April 16 Closing Date- Page 3

UPDATE: IN TRANSIT Sets April 16 Closing Date

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#50How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/11/16 at 12:01pm

Retweet. ^. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#51How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/11/16 at 3:14pm

This show belongs at New World Stages 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#52How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/11/16 at 3:16pm

Robbie2 said: "This show belongs at New World Stages 

"

Okay but it's not it's ON BROADWAY so can we all move on. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#53How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/11/16 at 3:26pm

GreasedLightning said: "I'm plenty light. "

In at least some respect, I'd agree. Personally, I don't care if you are light or not. What I do care about is your seeming inability to appreciate that people express opinions here, and that they are not dependent on what you (or a producer) might want to hear. People say things like this all the time: e.g., "He may be up on that stage dancing 8 times a week, but he's no dancer." In this particular case, I was repeating a statement I heard from more than one person approached to invest in the show. And with which I happen to agree. Not sure why you find all this so offensive but whatever...

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#54How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/11/16 at 3:49pm

Hogan, why did you write, "Personally, I don't care if you are light or not" and say that Greased can't respect others' opinions—and then spend the better part of a full paragraph challenging Greased's very opinions and existence on here? Seems a bit contradictory.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#55How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/11/16 at 3:52pm

Robbie2 said: "This show belongs at New World Stages "

Why? It's not great show that can't find a large enough audience to stay open... it will close based on its quality, not its uniqueness.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#56How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/11/16 at 3:59pm

since when does quality affect affect a show commercially? lots of bad shows have been financial hits.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#57How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/11/16 at 6:23pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Hogan, why did you write, "Personally, I don't care if you are light or not" and say that Greased can't respect others' opinions—and then spend the better part of a full paragraph challenging Greased's very opinions and existence on here? Seems a bit contradictory."

I did nothing of the sort. Where do you think I am challenging his very existence? And challenging opinions is what we are SUPPOSED to do when we disagree with them, no? I'm not even sure Greased expressed an opinion. He just said that I am not the God of Broadway and that the producers of In Transit don't give a whatever about my assessment. I agree with the first statement wholeheartedly, and my guess is the second is right too, although I don't see how Greased would know any more about what they care about than I do. 

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#58How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/12/16 at 3:35pm

I've been out of the Broadway loop for about a year, so I had no idea what In Transit was. All I knew was that I kept seeing posters for it in subway stations throughout the city, but there was nothing about it that enticed me to see the show. All I saw was an ugly logo made out to look like a Metro Card. No information as to what the show is about and why I should see it. I ended up looking it up when curiosity finally got the best of me, and there's nothing I read that made me really want to shell out any money to see it.

Updated On: 12/12/16 at 03:35 PM

vampire musical
#59How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/12/16 at 4:07pm

They grossed $225K with 95% attendance...  They just need to announce already and give their investors some chance of recouping through licensing instead of running up priority loans and burying any chance of seeing a single dime from this thing. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#60How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/18/16 at 8:07pm

There hasn't been an official closing announcement yet. Maybe tomorrow? I can't imagine the producers will try and keep this open through the winter.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Dollypop
#61How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/18/16 at 9:22pm

A. friend of mine is in the cast. and he hasn't heard anything about a closing notice--yet.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#62How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/19/16 at 12:18am

Seems like it would be cheaper to run that other Broadway shows. I don't think it was an inspired idea to move it to Broadway in the first place. It has a limited appeal.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#63How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/19/16 at 12:31am

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "I've been out of the Broadway loop for about a year, so I had no idea what In Transit was. All I knew was that I kept seeing posters for it in subway stations throughout the city, but there was nothing about it that enticed me to see the show. All I saw was an ugly logo made out to look like a Metro Card. No information as to what the show is about and why I should see it. I ended up looking it up when curiosity finally got the best of me, and there's nothing I read that made me really want to shell out any money to see it.

Yes, this may well be the single worst marketing campaign in the history of musical theater. Because people looked at the ads and didn't even know it WAS a Broadway musical. And if you knew, it just reminded you of your crappy commute. 

"

Updated On: 12/19/16 at 12:31 AM

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#64How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/19/16 at 6:55am

Oh my. What a train wreck this show is (pun intended). The a capella aspect of the show has no significance and feels like a gimmick. The cast is pretty good and they do the best they can with truly horrible material. The multiple plot lines are rushed like crazy at the end of the show, and there are still many loose endings that are not settled.

The design elements are all over the place. Shout out to the scenic and lighting designers for creating a vibrant and slick subway platform (the likes of which can not be found ANYWHERE underground in NYC). Completely misguided. The Metro card dress had my jaw on the floor, and not in a good way.

This is easily one of the worst shows of the year. While there is talent on that stage, it is not enough to make this worth suffering through.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#65How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/19/16 at 9:13am

They're supposed to have a panel at BroadwayCon this year, wonder if they'll have to withdraw if the show closed before then?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

neonlightsxo
#66How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/19/16 at 9:42am

I'd be surprised if they don't announce their closing today.

two ladies tickets
#67How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/21/16 at 12:54am

Same here! This must be way more of a vanity project than we first thought. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#68How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/21/16 at 1:40am

The show is not going to close on Christmas day. I think it is likely it will announce Monday for close at New Years. It is not vanity; it is inexperienced producers who don't want to let go of their dream. We've seen this all too often of late.

Clyde15
#69How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/21/16 at 1:42am

An ad for In Transit popped up on the Chat Board for me today. I thought the ad was odd for a number of reasons. But one think was that they didn't bill it as an acapella musical? That's been the whole idea behind the marketing so far. I wonder if they are going to make a go for it?

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#70How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/21/16 at 1:52am

Although it will definitely close earlier, as of now, tickets are slated through June 25, 2017

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#71How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/21/16 at 6:51am

this show will die a very slow death if it stays open in the winter. It needs to close ASAP.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#72How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/21/16 at 8:07am

If the newbie producers and their trust fund friends want to keep putting money into it, just so they can say "I have a show on Broadway," let 'em. Wouldn't be the first time (or the last).

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#73How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/21/16 at 8:08am

The theatre was maybe half full on Sunday afternoon. I'm shocked they have announced a closing yet.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#74How Much Longer Does IN TRANSIT Have?
Posted: 12/21/16 at 8:59am

I really expect the inexperienced producers to keep this going way beyond its expiration date.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.