pixeltracker

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?- Page 5

How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#100How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/10/17 at 7:14pm

Giulsasaro said: "Do you know if he will be in Thursday September 21st? I bought tickets and then found out it's rosh hashana. I think he will be in, I just want to make sure. 

"

I think you've got a 50/50 chance.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Dfgtoronto
#101How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/10/17 at 9:38pm

Why would Ben Platt not perform on Halloween? 

lordofanime
#102How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/14/17 at 4:32pm

Hi all, 

So I've been lurking around the forum for the past few weeks just reading messages, but I finally decided to join! 

I just had a question. So I had a trip planned to go the US (I live overseas) and I shifted the whole trip and shaped it around this musical cause I really wanted to see it. I managed to get a couple of seats for the matinee on October 4th (Wednesday).... naturally since I'll be flying over 22 hours.. I wanted to ask if anyone knew if Ben Platt won't be performing that day. I'm only asking cause out of the all the potential days, this day was the only one that had the most (like 5 or 6) open seats. 

I'd really appreciate an answer. Please and thank you. :) 

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#103How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/14/17 at 5:04pm

Why wouldn't he perform that day? Unless he's sick or on vacation (unlikely), he'll be there. Nobody on these boards has a spreadsheet of when he'll be out of the show. Only public thing is that he's out this week and there's a good chance he'll be out any major Jewish holidays.

lordofanime
#104How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/14/17 at 5:16pm

LesWickedly said: "Why wouldn't he perform that day? Unless he's sick or on vacation (unlikely), he'll be there. Nobody on these boards has a spreadsheet of when he'll be out of the show. Only public thing is that he's out this week and there's a good chance he'll be out any major Jewish holidays.

"

Thanks for the response. I just checked and there's a major holiday on the 5th and the 6th... So who knows.. I guess I'll just hope for the best, nothing I can do about it now except look forward to the show! How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?

DearEvanHansen
#105How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/14/17 at 5:25pm

lordofanime said: "LesWickedly said: "Why wouldn't he perform that day? Unless he's sick or on vacation (unlikely), he'll be there. Nobody on these boards has a spreadsheet of when he'll be out of the show. Only public thing is that he's out this week and there's a good chance he'll be out any major Jewish holidays.

"

Thanks for the response. I just checked and there's a major holiday on the 5th and the 6th... So who knows.. I guess I'll just hope for the best, nothing I can do about it now except look forward to the show! How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?

"

Having seen Ben, Colton and Michael as Evan, I can tell you that they are all phenomenal. I'm not saying this just to say it, I truly think so! So if you happen to find out that Ben won't be there (which I think is quite unlikely given your date) just enjoys the show! :) cheers 

lordofanime
#106How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/14/17 at 5:40pm

DearEvanHansen said: 

Having seen Ben, Colton and Michael as Evan, I can tell you that they are all phenomenal. I'm not saying this just to say it, I truly think so! So if you happen to find out that Ben won't be there (which I think is quite unlikely given your date) just enjoys the show! :) cheers 

"

Awesome! Thanks! That's what I'm planning on doing! I paid for good seats, so I'm just gonna relax and enjoy the show! :)

B.JAMES Profile Photo
B.JAMES
#107How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 1:53pm

Out for today's matinee.

JustAnotherNewYorker
#108How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 2:02pm

Some of the staff said his cough and voice were not good last night and think he might be out tonight, but nothing official when I was there at 1:30

Updated On: 7/19/17 at 02:02 PM

saran95
#109How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 7:19pm

Would someone be able to confirm if Ben performed this evening 7/19? Thanks! Want to see the show tomorrow and curious if he will be in or still sick 

karissa3
#110How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 9:19pm

Geez, did he get sick on his vacation or something?? So sad!! I was so happy to have him back this week! (Not that the understudies aren't great, just sayin.) 

yaoqian
#111How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 9:39pm

Someone on Instagram confirmed that Ben was there this evening!

brenway
#112How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 9:45pm

I am seeing reports from intermission on Twitter and looks like he is back!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#113How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 10:37pm

Did anyone notice a dog bark at tonight's performance? Kristolyn is going crazy about hearing a dog bark. It's on her Instagram story http://instagram.com/kristolynlloyd

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

defygravity2 Profile Photo
defygravity2
#114How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 11:22pm

Ben tweeted about a service dog crying before the last chord of the show. (Sorry, I am too dumb to know how to insert actual tweet link here). In his words, "No other reaction matters."

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#115How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/19/17 at 11:33pm

defygravity2 said: "Ben tweeted about a service dog crying before the last chord of the show. (Sorry, I am too dumb to know how to insert actual tweet link here). In his words, "No other reaction matters."

https://twitter.com/bensplatt/status/887864593313345537

Margo319
#116How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 1:52am

karissa3 said: "Geez, did he get sick on his vacation or something?? So sad!! I was so happy to have him back this week! (Not that the understudies aren't great, just sayin.) 

Yeah, I told this thread twice that I saw him on Tuesday night and he sounded pretty awful.  He could not reach the high notes and seemed distracted.   Someone on this staff obviously works for DEH since it's been erased twice.  It's an OPINION MODERATORS.  THANKS.

froote
#117How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 4:05am

WTF. I knew things about Ben were getting deleted but now opinions on his performances are too? I saw your post and it was fine.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#118How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 4:19am

I think after the incident with the women berating him for not coming out of the stagedoor, the mods have decided to try to avoid any sort of thing like that on here.  I guess like that Patti M*rin thing where you can't really talk about her without having your posts deleted.

Margo319
#119How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 4:36am

Yeah, it's very different than that horrible woman calling him an asshole and berating him that entire day.  I have also read the horrible things aimed at Ben on social media when he is not in attendance.  Horrible.  I was just reporting how his voice sounded after his vacation.  I cannot believe it was deleted twice, it was not in any way cruel, abusive or threatening.  I just wanted people to be aware of why he may have been out of the matinee.  I hope he sounds great for the rest of the week.  

yaoqian
#120How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 11:53am

Any idea if Ben's performing today? 

MattRVA Profile Photo
MattRVA
#121How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 7:48pm

I'm surprised that post-Tonys DEH hasn't announced a modified performance schedule for him - off on Sundays or Tuesdays, for example. Patrons with those tickets would likely be disappointed, but it could be a good practice to ensure his health in a demanding role into November. I know Hamilton, for example, did this with LMM and Javier Muñoz, but that was a bit different: It was in place from the show's opening, right? So people knew in advance that a Sunday show meant JM. Thoughts?

froote
#122How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 8:13pm

I think at this point it would just cause too much annoyance for them. I know some people claim the show is the star here but I disagree, it's Ben. You rarely hear anyone talk about this show or compliment this show without mentioning Ben's performance. That didnt happen with Lin or anyone else in Hamilton. Everyone that has yet to see this show that has tickets before November wants to see Ben and will be extremely disappointed if they don't. I mean obviously if he can't hack it any more then they'll have to sort something but I think it will be a last resort. Lin had a show off every week even from the off-Broadway days when he used the time to watch the show and make changes. Everyone expected it.

Margo319
#123How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/20/17 at 10:28pm

Lin-Manuel created his show so he got to set his own days.  But, since Ben's voice is not 100% and he has won the Tony, I hope they do talk about him having Sundays or a matinee off permanently.  The understudies are both terrific and I think Ben would be much better off.  

JustAnotherNewYorker
#124How is Ben Platt's attendance in DEH?
Posted: 7/21/17 at 4:05pm

Margo319 said: "Yeah, it's very different than that horrible woman calling him an asshole and berating him that entire day.  I have also read the horrible things aimed at Ben on social media when he is not in attendance.  Horrible.  I was just reporting how his voice sounded after his vacation.  I cannot believe it was deleted twice, it was not in any way cruel, abusive or threatening.  I just wanted people to be aware of why he may have been out of the matinee.  I hope he sounds great for the rest of the week.  "

I certainly didn't see anything abusive in what Margo said about Ben's cold voice (which did cause cause him to skip the one show I had tickets too).

Still haven't seen the show, but my impression is that froote is also correct. People want to see Ben's star-making turn in the show. The understudies are all apparently great, and the show may not suffer much with one of them in for Ben, but I'm certainly not alone in thinking that if I'm going to see DEH only one time, I'm looking to see it with Ben. I'll leave the understudies for repeat viewings/viewers.