GeorgeandDot
#25Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/7/18 at 8:34pm

Hopefully Funny Girl.

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#26Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/7/18 at 8:39pm

Maybe (if and) when Lauren Ambrose eventually leaves My Fair Lady, Jessie Mueller could take over for her as Eliza Doolittle.

CPannullo
#27Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/7/18 at 8:44pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Maybe (if and) when Lauren Ambrose eventually leavesMy Fair Lady, Jessie Mueller could take over for her as Eliza Doolittle."

At this point in Jessie’s career I don’t think she’d be a cast replacement or would want to be 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#28Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/7/18 at 8:52pm

CPannullo said: "At this point in Jessie’s career, I don’t think she’d be a cast replacement or would want to be."

While I do understand that, I think it should really be about the role itself as opposed to whether or not she'd be first or replacing. After all, Jessie Mueller has admitted in the past that Eliza Doolittle is one of her dream roles.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#29Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/7/18 at 8:56pm

Maybe she should take a bit of a break. She’s been in 3 shows back-to-back-to-back.

Updated On: 8/7/18 at 08:56 PM

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#30Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/7/18 at 9:41pm

CarlosAlberto said: "Maybe she should take a bit of a break. She’s been in 3 shows back-to-back-to-back."

Kind of? They were announced pretty quickly, but she didn't do them that rapidly. There was almost a full year between her last performance of Waitress and her first performance of Carousel.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#31Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 1:37am

It’d be fun and silly if she immediately ran over to Beautiful and then Waitress to close them both out. They could bill it as the Jessie Mueller Grim Reaper Tour :p

Ravenclaw
#32Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 4:04am

In between Waitress and Carousel, she shot a small role in the film The Post. I would love to see her grow into a film career as she can be very subtle and nuanced. And I know that they already have a cast from the lab, but I actually think she could bring something really interesting and different to The Secret Garden. I would also love to see her take on Marian the Librarian or The Baker's Wife (in Into the Woods, not The Baker's Wife). But really, I'll see her in anything she does.

#33Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 11:00am

I doubt she’d go back to Beautiful... wouldn’t that be taking her sisters job? Hahaha.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#34Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/8/18 at 11:40am

This past season Jessie did a guest spot on BLUEBLOODS as a nurse in trouble. There was some great chemistry between her and Donnie Wahlberg who is recently a widower on the show. Maybe they could bring her back and explore that.  Give her beautiful singing voice a short rest and get some TV $$$.

lukeworsham
#35Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/9/18 at 2:06pm

Obviously, it's not on Broadway at the moment, but I would love to see Jessie do Fantine in Les Mis at some point.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#36Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/9/18 at 2:33pm

Funny Girl. Do it. Do it now!

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

enjoyable2
#37Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/9/18 at 3:12pm

She would be brilliant in Funny Girl.  She'd knock every one of those songs out of the park. I bet she could nail the accent, too. 

Sharkam
#38Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/9/18 at 4:56pm

I would totally vote for Funny Girl.  For any fans .. I just read that PBS is televising "Chicago Voices" on Friday night.  I was lucky enough to see it in person.  Jessie Mueller amongst other Chicago talents perform. Renee Fleming hosts it.  Ms. Mueller sings several songs, including The Prayer with Matthew Polenzani. It was absolutely breathtaking.  

broadwayindie
#39Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/10/18 at 10:30am

I hear she does a great Cher impression

GF21
#40Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/13/18 at 3:31pm

Is there a role for her in the Glengarry Glen Ross revival? Williamson, perhaps?

sharona39
#41Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/30/18 at 12:00pm

I read she is doing some concerts with Seth Rudetsky.  She did a lot of concerts between Waitress and Carousel.  Would love to know whats next for her!

benwilsonn.xo
#42Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/30/18 at 12:23pm

With Waitress opening up in London. Maybe she could reprise her role over there?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#43Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/30/18 at 12:27pm

She's doing Carousel at 7pm tonight.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#44Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/30/18 at 12:32pm

haterobics said: "She's doing Carousel at 7pm tonight."

Would be hilarious if she called out now xD

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#45Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/30/18 at 4:17pm

This may sound selfish, but I wish she would come back to the Chicago theatre scene. Maybe as Diana in the writers theatre production of N2N?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Lily Garland2
#46Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/30/18 at 5:04pm

She has that Barbara thing going on, so I would love to see her do Funny Girl. She's a great actress, i'm sure big things are on the horizon for her.

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#47Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/30/18 at 8:42pm

She would make a PERFECT Lucille Frank. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#48Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 8/31/18 at 12:49am

Funny Gir. At LCT. With Sher. Would love to see it.

BwayinVan
#49Next for Jessie Mueller?
Posted: 5/6/19 at 9:26am

I’m bumbling this as history shows we get her on broadway every other season. I’d love to see her back next season but haven’t heard her name attached to anything as of yet.

Videos