pixeltracker

The 2017 SITPWG Cast Recording is HERE!- Page 2

The 2017 SITPWG Cast Recording is HERE!

binau Profile Photo
binau
#25SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/20/17 at 6:42pm

Has a musical in recent times ever recouped this fast? Crazy! Does anyone know the capital expenses that they were trying to earn back? If so, we can estimate the average weekly nut. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#26SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/20/17 at 6:55pm

Yes!!!!  Amazing news.  I couldn't imagine not having a cast recording of this. Brilliant. So excited for this. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#27SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/21/17 at 12:18am

This is great!!!!!!!! I remember seeing the first oreview from the front row and everyone I waited in the rush line with was worried the show wouldn't even recoup because of its limited engagement.

great to hear it recouped and will get a cast recording too!!!!

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#28SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/21/17 at 12:27am

All y'all asking for a video recording need to remember that this started as a one-night only benefit concert. Then some extra performances were added. Then it transferred to Broadway. Then it announced a cast recording. We should simply be grateful that we've gotten this much!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#29SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/21/17 at 1:11am

This is my all time favorite show. But you're all cry/screaming about this? No offense, but I don't think the vocals here warrant a casting recording. The recent revival is still my favorite. Jenna Russell is THE Dot. She's incredible. Ashford is a great comedic actress, but I don't think she understood the depths of the character. Jake was great, but I don't think his vocals need to be preserved anywhere. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#30SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/21/17 at 7:40am

Preserving the original orchestrations with two additional pieces for the first time since 1984 is a major.  Even if you're not a fan of the new vocal performances, having the original orchestrations preserved again should be exciting. The orchestrations of the last revival were a total embarrassment.

Updated On: 4/21/17 at 07:40 AM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#31SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/21/17 at 8:34am

ljay889 said: "Preserving the original orchestrations with two additional pieces for the first time since 1984 is a major.  Even if you're not a fan of the new vocal performances, having the original orchestrations preserved again should be exciting. The orchestrations of the last revival were a total embarrassment."

^^^ Yup.

Even if you don't love the performances, the orchestrations from the last revival are atrocious. I love Jenna Russell but I can't listen to that recording anymore because of it. It sounds like it's me and two friends playing from a bathroom.  

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#32SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/23/17 at 9:40am

Given how the weekly gross for this show is roughly over $1 million each week, do you guys think the show would have still recouped had they been up for Tony consideration?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#33SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/23/17 at 9:47am

RippedMan said: "This is my all time favorite show. But you're all cry/screaming about this? No offense, but I don't think the vocals here warrant a casting recording. The recent revival is still my favorite. Jenna Russell is THE Dot. She's incredible. Ashford is a great comedic actress, but I don't think she understood the depths of the character. Jake was great, but I don't think his vocals need to be preserved anywhere. 

"

OK. No one is forcing you to buy or listen to it... 

Laurapattifan Profile Photo
Laurapattifan
#34SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/23/17 at 11:07am

qolbinau said: "Has a musical in recent times ever recouped this fast? Crazy! Does anyone know the capital expenses that they were trying to earn back? If so, we can estimate the average weekly nut. 

"

I don't know if this is accurate but Riedel said around 7 million 

holdyourbatboy
#35SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/23/17 at 11:18am

This is incorrect. Oh Hello, On Broadway recouped this season and went into profit. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#36SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/23/17 at 2:34pm

It does seem like an error. I'm sure even DEH has recouped already, as well. Maybe they meant the first show from the spring. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

perfectliar
#37SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/23/17 at 2:41pm

Call_me_jorge said: "It does seem like an error. I'm sure even DEH has recouped already, as well. Maybe they meant the first show from the spring. "

Dear Evan Hansen has not recouped yet. Sunday is the first musical from this season to do so, but it's the third show after The Front Page and Oh, Hello.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#38SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/24/17 at 9:15am

A bit late to the party, but what terrific news all around! I'm debating whether I should buy the CD or just get my favorite tracks from iTunes. But I am most happy that I actually got to see this one in person.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

MoveOnGypsy Profile Photo
MoveOnGypsy
#39SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/24/17 at 9:22am

Sondheim is an immersive experience. I rarely  just listen to single tracks. If I'm going to listen to something like "Sunday..." I listen to it in it's entirety. I would recommend the full album.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#40SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/25/17 at 7:54pm

The album was recorded today according to Twitter posts by the cast and the show.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#41SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/25/17 at 8:25pm

A bunch of them posted on Instagram stories as well! The excitement in the studio was palpable.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#42SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/25/17 at 9:09pm

Ado Annie wrote: A bit late to the party, but what terrific news all around! I'm debating whether I should buy the CD or just get my favorite tracks from iTunes. But I am most happy that I actually got to see this one in person.

I always need to listen to a Sondheim show in its entirety for the full effect...but I can see building a playlist, too. I so wish this was filmed. I was involved with the home video release of the original production. Loved putting together the audio commentary...Sondheim, Lapine, Bernadette and Mandy in a tiny little studio...with enough food for a small wedding!! Sondheim made mental notes of everything that was said...and he had verbal notes ready for potential edits!

Updated On: 4/26/17 at 09:09 PM

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#43SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/26/17 at 9:41am

I like to think I could make a kick-butt Sondheim playlist with all the individual tracks I have on my iPad. Lol!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Liza's Headband
#44SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/26/17 at 9:52am

BroadwayConcierge said: "A bunch of them posted on Instagram stories as well! The excitement in the studio was palpable."

You can tell if a particular energy/excitement is "palpable" based on social media posts?  I'm asking sincerely; this is not a rhetorical question. 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#45SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/26/17 at 9:57am

Liza's Headband said: "You can tell if a particular energy/excitement is "palpable" based on social media posts?  I'm asking sincerely; this is not a rhetorical question."

I'd say so! Several of Ashley Park's videos on her Instagram story zoomed/moved around the studio, and everybody looked very excited to be there (the cast, orchestra, even the producers). It definitely didn't look like just another day at work. 

dev101
#46SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/30/17 at 7:45pm

anyone have any info on when the album will be released?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#47SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 4/30/17 at 11:22pm

in June

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#48SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 5/19/17 at 11:53am

Does anyone know the exact date in June it will be released?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#49SUNDAY revival recoups and cast recording released in June
Posted: 5/29/17 at 8:40pm

No new updates on this??