pixeltracker

Official 2017 TONY Nominations Thread- Page 5

Official 2017 TONY Nominations Thread

BroadwayBaby4
#100Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:30am

So thrilled to see Falsettos get so much acting love, I was very nervous it would end up being forgotten this year. 

As thrilled as I am for Great Comet, I'm absolutely shocked neither Amber nor Brittain got nominated for featured actress. They both stole the show with their respective numbers. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#101Official TONY Nominations Thread

The Saturday before the Tony Awards, I'm seeing Great Comet and Hello Dolly... good choices! Official TONY Nominations Thread

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#102Official TONY Nominations Thread

Metcalf is definitely the frontrunner. Linney is great in Little Foxes, but A Doll's House, Part 2 is basically a showcase for Nora in a way that Little Foxes isn't for Regina, as good as that role is. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#103Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:32am

Who cares. Gideon Glick not nominated. Outrageous.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#104Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:33am

I think Metcalf is the frontrunner too, and perhaps I would vote for her, but I don't care about the labeling of the actresses in Little Foxes- I saw Nixon and Linney in both roles and refuse to divide their accomplishments in my mind. Linney was so brilliant as Birdie and it only made her Regina (which I saw first) seem all the more impressive in hindsight. It makes it unfair for the other women in each category, but I value for the contributions to each role in both of their nominations. 

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#105Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:40am

Could BLOCK, RANNELLS or URANOWITZ win? I hope one of them can pull off an upset!!

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

rjm516
#106Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:41am

Wow I can't imagine how excited Mike Faist is right now! I am also surprised not to see the supporting actress in a musical field loaded with Great Comet actresses. Lots of surprises yet overall nothing feels too surprising - so weird. I hope DEH still wins most of the big ones, it absolutely deserves to.

djoko84
#107Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:42am

QueenAlice said: "I'd bet the bank on Metcalfe winning. Firstly, she owns the play and much of the 90 minute dialogue is hers, secondly she is considered long over due, thirdly, the play is perhaps now the front runner for Best Play.

"

OSLO is more of the frontrunner now more than it was before the nominations.

froote
#108Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:43am

Judging by how split people were on here over whether Amber or Brittain should be nominated, I imagine they unfortunately split the votes.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#109Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:43am

Skimbleshanks2 said: "Could BLOCK, RANNELLS or URANOWITZ win? I hope one of them can pull off an upset!!"

Your bias made you forget to include Borle here. Official TONY Nominations Thread

Skimbleshanks2 Profile Photo
Skimbleshanks2
#110Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:44am

haterobics said: "Skimbleshanks2 said: "Could BLOCK, RANNELLS or URANOWITZ win? I hope one of them can pull off an upset!!"

Your bias made you forget to include Borle here. Official TONY Nominations Thread

"

Gurl even I know BEN PLATT is going to win Official TONY Nominations Thread

"See that poster on the wall? Rocky Marciano." - Andy Karl as Rocky in 'ROCKY'

jazzyjulie
#111Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:46am

DottieD'Luscia said: "I totally forgot about A Bronx Tale.

"

I think everyone forgot about Bronx Tale. 

brdway411
#112Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:48am

WTH happened to Sound Design... I saw the Encounter and it was good. but whats the point of reinstating the award then just giving it to a show that closed months ago

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#113Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:48am

Funny how Jon Jon, Christy etc. got nominations for DD and OC while Eva, Denee, Josh etc. didn't get nominated for them, but got nominated for Tony's. supposed that's the reasons why they got snubbed?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#114Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:49am

The Drama Desks and OCC are decided by entirely different groups of people than the Tonys. This happens every year and every year people seem puzzled by it.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#115Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:50am

brdway411 said: "WTH happened to Sound Design... I saw the Encounter and it was good. but whats the point of reinstating the award then just giving it to a show that closed months ago"

They're receiving a Special Tony Award, not a Tony Award for Best Sound Design.

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
MadsonMelo
#117Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:56am

I think the winners for musical are still the same: DEH with musical, score, actor and featured actress, Comet with featured actor and basically all tech awards (can lose any?) and Dolly with revival and actress. I was thinking that maybe CFA could get Book as a consolation prize, but I believe Evan is also getting that.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#118Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:58am

When was the last time Musical, score, and book all matched?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#119Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:58am

I still think Great Comet has a very serious shot at Best Musical. I think emotionally oriented Tony voters will be hard-pressed to pick between Come from Away and Dear Evan Hansen, potentially splitting the vote and letting Comet rise to the top. Just my two cents.

(Also, I think Comet is the most superior show of them all, but that's nothing new from me Official TONY Nominations Thread )

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#120Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:59am

Oh my, its looks like poor Anastasia got smacked in the head by that Great Russian Comet...

We're seeing Comet again on Saturday and totally thrilled for Dave Malloy, sticking to a dream...and now, with such stellar results in the nominations. 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#121Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 10:01am

Big congrats to Hello, Dolly! and it's 10 Tony nominations. Now the show has 10 Drama Desk, 10 Outer Critics, and 10 Tony nominations at each awards ceremony; that should look great on the online ads.

kellyhallo
#122Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 10:07am

Beyond thrilled for Falsettos!! Hands down my favorite show of the season.

I just wish Lapine had also picked up a nomination for Best Direction.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#123Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 10:08am

ljay889 said: "When was the last time Musical, score, and book all matched?"

2005:  Spamalot, Spelling Bee, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Light in the Piazza

Basically every year since then has had at least one Best Musical nominee that didn't have an eligible score because the music was preexisting.

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#124Official TONY Nominations Thread
Posted: 5/2/17 at 10:11am

I still have a hunch COME FROM AWAY takes musical with HANSEN winning actor, book and score.

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”