pixeltracker

Which show posts closing notice first- Page 3

Which show posts closing notice first

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#50Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 2:06pm

I sound like a broken record saying this on 25 different threads, but my dream is that Soo will be Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady next spring. It works on so many levels.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#51Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 2:12pm

Another difference between Pippa's work on Hamilton and great Comet and Amelie, she had was with the former shows in their respective developmental processes longer. She only joined Amelie before the most recent tryout, so many of the songs weren't written for her in mind. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#52Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 2:17pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Another difference between Pippa's work on Hamilton and great Comet and Amelie, she had was with the former shows in their respective developmental processes longer. She only joined Amelie before the most recent tryout, so many of the songs weren't written for her in mind."

Soo was part of an Amélie reading in 2013, so this isn't totally true.

Nycat63
#53Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 2:21pm

GreasedLightning said: "Oh... LOL. 

I don't think Amelie will post their notice tonight. That's drastic. 

That would seem drastic but I just scrolled through some random dates on Ticketmaster and there's a whole lotta blue.  I mean a whole lot.  With absolutely no Tony buzz what hasn't already sold seems highly unlikely to sell now.  I don't know how it can continue to run - I was shocked at how empty the theater must be.  I don't know anything about the economics behind this but how long can you operate at what has to be a major loss at this point.  

"

froote
#54Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 3:01pm

From interviews, it definitely seems like Soo is fond of originating roles and getting to be a big part of creating the character. I think considering her age she's in for a great career. 

No she can't sell a weak show but what actors in their 20s known for theatre can?

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#55Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 4:35pm

AMELIE end of the month or so

BANDSTAND is next to go after the TONYS

ON YOUR FEET after the TONYS unless Gloria steps in

GROUNDHOG DAY end of  the summer

GREAT COMET end of the summer unless they get a STAR to replace Groban...OAK is not the draw

CHARLIE once word gets out how bad it is...after the holidays-early Jan!

ANASTASIA after the holidays

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 5/2/17 at 04:35 PM

Trina55
#56Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 5:05pm

"I don't think Amelie will post their notice tonight. That's drastic. 

That would seem drastic but I just scrolled through some random dates on Ticketmaster and there's a whole lotta blue.  I mean a whole lot.
"

It's also been on TDF for nearly every performance since opening, for multiple weeks in advance - which means they KNOW they won't sell. I'm sure they've been losing money, and most likely holding out for a nomination, for Pippa if not for the show. Without that, they've got nothing to boost sales and they'll only lose more money the longer they run. 

FWIW I enjoyed the show, and agree that it might have fared better in a different season. 

ANewBrainn Profile Photo
ANewBrainn
#57Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 5:24pm

Amelie will defiantly close first.  It's numbers have been going down and down.  Anastasia, A Bronx Tale, and Charlie will not be affected at all they have all been selling extremely well these past few weeks and will likely continue to.  Bandstand on the other hand will probably not last very long either.  A Dolls House Part 2 may close if their numbers don't go up at least a little from these nominations.  I feel like they are losing tons of money every week.

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#58Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 5:54pm

I don't see Amelie making it to June 11. Out by the end of the month, if not sooner.

Bandstand has better word of mouth than reviews right now, but unless its grosses go up and fast, it won't make it past Labor Day. 

I'm mixed on Charlie's chances-- they have a good advance but poisonous word-of-mouth and reviews. Will probably last the summer but not into the holidays/new year.

Anastasia is critic-proof, Bronx Tale is still selling well. They will probably be fine with no/no major Tony nods. War Paint has two powerhouse leads and seems to have found a niche, so it will last too. 

I think Great Comet can survive for a few months without Groban, but unless they get another star after Oak I don't know if it'll last through the holidays. 

I'm pretty optimistic about Groundhog Day lasting. Their gross was up 100K this week, which could be the critical-praise bump, and with 7 Tony nods all they have to do is keep up momentum. I can see it having a healthy 9-month to 1-year run. 

fflagg Profile Photo
fflagg
#59Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 6:32pm

War Paint 

Do you know what happens when you let Veal Prince Orloff sit in an oven too long?

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#60Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 6:34pm

fflagg said: "War Paint "

It just made over a million dollars for the second week in a row so...no? 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#61Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 6:49pm

It amuses me when I come to the site and the CHARLIE ad pops up with "click to close"- if only it were that simple.

BroadwayMan5
#62Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 6:59pm

I'd be really surprised if Amelie even makes it to the end of May. I would worry about Bandstand too making it past Tony night. Everything else, musical wise, seems to me like it will at least last until August. The ones I could see closing at the end of summer are Cats, On Your Feet, A Bronx Tale, possibly Groundhog Day, and maybe Charlie and the Chocolate Factory depending on how things go. I also wonder how much Kinky Boots and Waitress (post Sara Bareillis) have left. War Paint will probably last until Patti/Christine are done

Willie4316
#63Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:27pm

I agree on Amélie. My bets are either May 28 or if they decide to take a bigger hit June 25 for closing

Kinky Boots will manage through at least the summer with Urie

Perhaps I'm missing something, but A Bronx Tale seems to be doing just fine. Summer if anything could possibly being a good boost for tourists and holiday

Cats is still making money. I think they may post closing for their 1 year anniversary and market it as though it were always a limited engagement like Miss Saigon

The rest I think can survive through at least until the Fall. After that, OYF and Bandstand I think are next to shutter

wssinsider
#64Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:36pm

Kinky boots will be fine, Billy Porter is coming back after Urie and the show is planning to close in jan 2018

ForB4
#65Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 8:43pm

wssinsider said: "Kinky boots will be fine, Billy Porter is coming back after Urie and the show is planning to close in jan 2018

"

Uh has that been announced?

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#66Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 9:05pm

ForB4 said: "wssinsider said: "Kinky boots will be fine, Billy Porter is coming back after Urie and the show is planning to close in jan 2018

"

Uh has that been announced?

"

A quick glance at wssinsider's profile shows me that they also said Andrew Call would open Groundhog Day after Andy Karl's injury-- a statement that did not age well. Sounds like a plausible turn of events, but-- grain of salt. 

As a somewhat closeted Panic! at the Disco fan, Urie is going to be a huge boost for KB. It could last into the fall or into the next year, but unless they keep stunt-casting, probably not much longer than that.

Updated On: 5/2/17 at 09:05 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#67Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 10:51pm

wssinsider said: "Kinky boots will be fine, Billy Porter is coming back after Urie and the show is planning to close in jan 2018

"heard that as well.. so some point this fall for a limited engagement till closing Jan '18

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#68Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 10:59pm

I actually really enjoyed Amelie. I don't think it's a show that would have a long run regardless, but it's actually got quite a great score. I cannot wait for the cast recording. But, I can see it doing well regionally as it is a small show to produce. And I'd imagine a tour would do fine. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#69Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 11:02pm

fflagg said: "War Paint 

"nah it still has life for at least through the summerWhich show posts closing notice first

Clyde15
#70Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 11:29pm

I would not count Bandstand as dead yet. Its grosses have been climbing every week. Even last week when many comps were given out to the press which usually drops a shows gross by a significant amount. While the lack of Tony nominations definitely is not going to help I really do think it may have a chance

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#71Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 11:32pm

fflagg said: "War Paint "

Yeah, nice try. 

hork Profile Photo
hork
#72Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/2/17 at 11:40pm

ANewBrainn said: "Amelie will defiantly close first.  

"Screw this, let's defy everyone and close first! That'll show 'em!"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

ameleigh
#73Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/3/17 at 12:01am

VotePeron said: "It's a shame for sure to see shows go. I think that Amelie will close up shop on 6/11, and Bandstand will try and retain some pride by lasting until Labor Day. 

Off topic - hoping Phillipa found it rewarding enough to originate a third role, as she'd have a 2nd Tony Nomination and job security right now if she had signed on Great Comet. 

"

My first thoughts this morning. I love her to pieces, but I think she should have gone back to Comet. I have a special place in my heart for Amelie, but there is ZERO opportunity for her to showcase her incredible talent. 

ameleigh
#74Which show posts closing notice first
Posted: 5/3/17 at 12:07am

BroadwayConcierge said: "I sound like a broken record saying this on 25 different threads, but my dream is that Soo will be Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady next spring. It works on so many levels.

"

YES PLEASE!!

Videos