pixeltracker

Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?- Page 2

Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?

brian1973
#25Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/21/17 at 6:24pm

I get the distinct feeling that Laura Benanti might not always be sweetness and light. 

Krakowski om on the other hand , I've only heard delightful things about from people who've worked with her.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#26Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/21/17 at 6:38pm

Deena Jones said: "UncleCharlie said: "Deena Jones said: "Sandra has said several times on her Sirius Radio Andy show that Laura came in when she was doing She Loves Me and was sick and coughed all over her.  Sandy is such a hag

How does not wanting a sick person to cough all over you make you a hag?

Sandra is truly an awful person.. Have you ever listened to her show?  She is nice to her guests while they are on the show and then bad mouths them the very next day.  She has done this countless times.  She also wont drop the Laura coughing bit either and keeps bringing it up... like beating a dead horse.  

"

Laura was sick.  She still showed up for the interview and when asked how sick she was she said "very" and told Sandra the producers of the show had put her on vocal rest.  That was the extent of it.  Sandra B is not the nicest person on the planet.   I also saw the instagram from Laura with her baby and the blanket Jane had sent.  So probably much ado about nothing. 

tomwsjr
#27Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/21/17 at 7:51pm

Just ask any one of Laura's ex husbands 

RogerMoore
#28Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/21/17 at 7:55pm

From what I've heard on subsequent episodes of Sandra's show, Laura was not kind to Sandra's producer Lisa and that is what the problem was. Sandra seems to mention the coughing and hacking only as a way to further illustrate the unpleasantness of the interview

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#29Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/21/17 at 8:20pm

Well Laura can't be that bad, she got along with Patti Lupone ... 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#30Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 12:46am

So I finally watched last night's WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE! and you guys are simply amazing assuming nonsense.  Andy read a viewer's question to Jane regarding the talk that she and Laura didn't get along during her run in SHE LOVES ME and Jane just looked blankly forward for a long pause.  Obviously, without saying anything we got our answer.  Sandra then added that when Laura was on her show she had said she was on vocal rest.  No mention of coughing or anything else others threw in on this thread.  It was quick and over with in seconds.  Sandra also joked that her friends now say whenever something isn't right "you've been Benanti'd".  Sandra's humor is quick, sharp and full of nonsense.  Always has been.  Sadly, you guys read into it as nasty and mean.  What sheltered lives you guys must live.  Seriously.  I always thought theater aficionados were sophisticated.  Um, nope.  Everyone is so mean.  Boo-hoo.  I want to name my unicorn Elphaba or Evan Hansen. That would be SO perfect.  

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#31Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 1:18am

Brody, I'm a bit confused.  So did it not appear that there was a problem between Laura and Jane, or are you simply saying that things aren't always what they seem to be or that we are reading way too into this and it doesn't really matter?

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#32Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 2:00am

I know from personal experience that one is a great tipper and the other one tips like an old lady.

BrodyFosse123
#33Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 2:14am

From Jane's silent blank stare and no comment to the question she made it quite apparent she and Laura did not get along.  She didn't need to say a word as her reaction answered the question for us.  

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#34Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 2:28am

BrodyFosse123 said: "From Jane's silent blank stare and no comment to the question she made it quite apparent she and Laura did not get along.  She didn't need to say a word as her reaction answered the question for us.  

How unfortunate.  They both seem like lovely ladies.  I wonder what caused it.

BrodyFosse123
#35Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 2:47am

Laura has a strong personality.  It doesn't gel with many.  It is what it is.  She's all the good things you want to think about but her sarcasm and in-your-face sense-of-humor isn't to everyone's liking.   I'm sure her tone comes across as sarcastic and condescending even when she isn't.  

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#36Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 8:17am

Still, interesting that Krakowski sent Benanti a gift for her newborn, and Benanti made it a point to mention this on Instagram.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#37Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 8:20am

IdinaBellFoster said: "Still, interesting that Krakowski sent Benanti a gift for her newborn, and Benanti made it a point to mention this on Instagram.

"

I agree! but Krakowski seems like one of the sweetest and most genuine in the business, so it may have just been an act of kindness aside from her personal feelings for Benanti. 

Jazzman714
#38Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 9:09am

givesmevoice said: "I'm really glad I'm not expected to be best friends with all of my colleagues.

LOL - very true.  That puts this entire topic in it's proper perspective.  :)

"

brian1973
#39Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 5:49pm

Benanti is probably jealous of Krakowskis wider tv fame. She'll have to do better than her woeful Melanie if she wants more recognition.

Owen22
#40Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/22/17 at 6:21pm

brian1973 said: "Benanti is probably jealous of Krakowskis wider tv fame. She'll have to do better than her woeful Melanie if she wants more recognition.

Laura is somewhat in the same position (times and media being somewhat different) as Jane was at this state in her career.  Ally McBeal was of the zeitgeist however, so Jane had a more permanent showcase than her viral Malania (or Supergirl or Nashville).

"

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#42Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 9:59am

Why do people feel the need to try to spin drama out of almost nothing and pit two successful, talented, and professional women against each other?

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

JennH
#43Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 10:16am

brian1973 said: "I get the distinct feeling that Laura Benanti might not always be sweetness and light. 

Krakowski om on the other hand , I've only heard delightful things about from people who've worked with her.

"

I've heard the same. I mean, I've never gotten the vibe that Laura was all sweetness and light, she reminds me of me a bit. A bit blunt and cynical. I adore both ladies and as long as they're professional enough to leave it where it belongs, it's not worth talking about. And if the Lin/Odom thing is true, that is tragic. Because there's a new conversation to be had about why he would have chosen him the first place/why those in charge would hire a principal cast that doesn't get along. Especially two that play against each other almost the entire show, Ala Kristin/Idina. 

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#44Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 10:41am

JennH said: "Because there's a new conversation to be had about why he would have chosen him the first place/why those in charge would hire a principal cast that doesn't get along. Especially two that play against each other almost the entire show, Ala Kristin/Idina. "

Hasn't the whole Kristin/Idina thing been blown WAY out of proportion? Just because they weren't grabbing drinks after the show together, they must have despised each other? I've never understood that. 

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

10086Sundays
#45Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 11:02am

JennH said: "And if the Lin/Odom thing is true, that is tragic. Because there's a new conversation to be had about why he would have chosen him the first place/why those in charge would hire a principal cast that doesn't get along. Especially two that play against each other almost the entire show, Ala Kristin/Idina."

It's not tragic, it's the way the world works, including showbiz.  They hired the most talented performers they could, whether or not they get along doesn't matter.  And they are antagonists, so really, if it's true, them not getting along would only make their performances better.

I don't know if Lin and Leslie knew each other beforehand, but if they didn't, then there's no way of knowing while making casting decisions whether or not they get along.

Of course, people in showbiz want to work with their friends, but it isn't always possible.

BrodyFosse123
#46Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 11:03am

Barbra Streisand and Sydney Chaplin didn't get along during his run in FUNNY GIRL.  They only spoke to each on stage in character as Fanny and Nicky.  She eventually had him released from his contract and replaced a few months into the show's run on Broadway.   Amazing how a 22 year old young woman can have that much power in 1964.  

froote
#47Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 12:35pm

Lin and Leslie were in Tick Tick Boom together before Hamilton so they definitely knew each other. From what I hear there was a minor dispute between them (and even more so Leslie and the producers) about the lab/workshop contract deal. But they're perfectly fine with each other now and were photographed together multiple times at the Tonys a couple of weeks ago.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#48Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 1:06pm

I get the distinct feeling that Laura Benanti might not always be sweetness and light. 

Will that hold up in a court of law? Damning, indeed.

Benanti is probably jealous of Krakowskis wider tv fame.???????

Smoking gun! Or not.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#49Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
Posted: 6/23/17 at 1:49pm

Brody writes:  "Barbra Streisand and Sydney Chaplin didn't get along during his run in FUNNY GIRL.  They only spoke to each on stage in character as Fanny and Nicky.  She eventually had him released from his contract and replaced a few months into the show's run on Broadway.   Amazing how a 22 year old young woman can have that much power in 1964."

Yet in William J. Mann's  enlightening book HELLO GORGEOUS he claims Mrs. Gould and Mr. Chaplin did indeed have an affair that began in early rehearsals. According to Chaplin's SUBWAYS ARE FOR SLEEPING costar and close friend, Orson Bean, "Sydney would share his suspicions as to why his amorous relationship with Barbra had suddenly cooled in those last few days in Philadelphia's run. Once Chaplin's numbers had been cut and the show didn't need him as much, Bean said, Sydney felt Barbra wasn't in love with him anymore." Unfortunately, it all went downhill after that where they simply tolerated one another.

So what we have here is a star and costar feud that started out quite differently.

So here we ha