pixeltracker

Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut- Page 2

Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#25Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 3:28pm

It would be nice to hear if they offered that people stay and get an exchange for a future performance.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#26Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 3:31pm

On a separate note, Linda is great and I wish I could see her.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#27Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 3:33pm

DottieD'Luscia said: "It would be nice to hear if they offered that people stay and get an exchange for a future performance.

"

How could they do that when her run is basically sold out?

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#28Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 3:35pm

^I know!!  It would be nice for Linda to play to a full house (or stay and still get a refund).

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 7/19/17 at 03:35 PM

MarilynMonroeSmash Profile Photo
MarilynMonroeSmash
#29Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 3:39pm

If anyone goes, could someone grab an extra playbill with a paper slip with Linda on it? It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#30Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 3:41pm

I hope Bette is well and back soon. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#31Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 3:56pm

DAME said: "DottieD'Luscia said: "It would be nice to hear if they offered that people stay and get an exchange for a future performance.

"

How could they do that when her run is basically sold out?

"

so true..............yea right for when?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#32Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 4:01pm

poisonivy2 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Sending prayers and good wishes to Linda and the ushers and staff at the Shubert Theatre right now.  

Its going to be one tough Wednesday matinee today.  

"

Don't forget evening. If she can;t make it to the matinee doubtful she can make it to evening either.

"so true and it feels like 100 today in NYC!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#33Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 4:06pm

I bet we'll get her production photos before Donna Murphy's -_-

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Emmaloucbway
#34Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 4:16pm

DAME said: "I saw one tweet from someone called Emma Citron.

"

That's me! I'm Emma! I was at the theatre earlier today and Linda was definitely on for the matinee. They were handing out fliers with refund info for those who wanted to see Bette. I'm seeing the show tonight, but don't know who is playing the role yet. 

This is my tweet by the way: https://twitter.com/emmaloucbway/status/887731988110684160

Updated On: 7/19/17 at 04:16 PM

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#35Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 4:21pm

Thanks Emma.  Have fun tonight and please report back.  If you don't see Bette make sure you didn't pay Bette prices. 

bfreak
#36Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 4:28pm

While I'm very happy for Linda Mugleston, this can't be a good situation for anybody involved. The whole energy of the show is probably interesting today, as ALL of the company members are probably doing their best not to keep people disappointed while there is probably a bit skepticism and negativity from some audience members. I would be very disappointed too, and only because of the money. They are charging the outrageous prices to see Bette, not the show. I saw it with Donna Murphy from TKTS 5th row center orchestra Saturday 7/8 from an hour before the show for $85 each while it was $189 for tickets in mid orchestra side bought from September when I saw Bette in May. I also have a $189 mezzanine ticket in December for a Bette night that I purchased in May. Best wishes to everyone at the Shubert today and also to Bette who hopefully gets better soon.

Updated On: 7/19/17 at 04:28 PM

Emmaloucbway
#37Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 4:33pm

DAME said: "Thanks Emma.  Have fun tonight and please report back.  If you don't see Bette make sure you didn't pay Bette prices. 

"

Haha, thank you! I will definitely report back. Luckily I waited for standing room this morning so no crazily priced tickets for me! :) 

bfreak
#38Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 4:35pm

Btw, this also made me think of that Seinfeld episode from years ago when Bette got hit in the head (I think) from one of the characters and the understudy was on and there was direct disappointment from the audience when the announcement came on. Anyone seen this?

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#39Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 4:46pm

Here's that entire SEINFELD episode.  It's titled "The Understudy" and is from Season 6. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmITtwDoW8w

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#40Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 4:52pm

If anyone has a picture of the flier with refund information, I would love to see it. Very curious how they worded it. 

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

h6p8gv
#41Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 4:57pm

Any reports on how Linda did as DOlly

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#42Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:17pm

I sure hope the flyer offered guests to stay and see Linda for free and then they could get their ticket refunded or exchanged(if possible). I would feel terrible for her & the cast to only perform for a few people.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#43Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:18pm

I heard from some people who went to the matinee today that most of the audience was VERY unhappy.

Fosse76
#44Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:20pm

ACL2006 said: "I sure hope the flyer offered guests to stay and see Linda for free and then they could get their ticket refunded or exchanged(if possible). I would feel terrible for her & the cast to only perform for a few people."

Why would they let people see the show for free? You have two options: either get a refund or stay and watch the show. Audience members are not entitled to see the show for free because the advertised star is out.

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#45Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:21pm

I heard the same thing.  And I heard the remaining audience is very subdued.  My friend  works concessions.    Did they text or call people? Was there any notice?  

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#46Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:22pm

Fosse76 said: "ACL2006 said: "I sure hope the flyer offered guests to stay and see Linda for free and then they could get their ticket refunded or exchanged(if possible). I would feel terrible for her & the cast to only perform for a few people."

Why would they let people see the show for free? You have two options: either get a refund or stay and watch the show. Audience members are not entitled to see the show for free because the advertised star is out.

"

Thats what they did whenever Patti missed at War Paint.  But it is different,  War Paint had tickets to spare.

Updated On: 7/19/17 at 05:22 PM

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#47Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:22pm

Fosse76 said: "Why would they let people see the show for free? You have two options: either get a refund or stay and watch the show. Audience members are not entitled to see the show for free because the advertised star is out."

War Paint has done exactly what ACL wrote when Patti's called out.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#48Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:27pm

I would have to wonder if they would've been better off just cancelling the show, unless it truly was a last minute decision/call.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

juice23 Profile Photo
juice23
#49Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:28pm

I believe they also let people stay and see Jackie Burns in If/Then for free (at least the first time she went on for Idina) and return again to see it with Idina.

My Music Classroom Giving Page: https://www.donorschoose.org/MrHMusicRoom

Videos