pixeltracker

THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER- Page 2

THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER

JSquared2
#25THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/27/17 at 10:36am

Getting back to the actual show.... is anyone going to the first preview tomorrow?  I just looked at tickets for this weekend and it appears to be very well sold.  Looking forward to reports ---- including whether any protesters show up!

HBBrock
#26THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/27/17 at 2:23pm

According to the website, there will be general rush tickets for $35.

I will be at the show on August 1st. I can't wait. Love Michael Moore.

Miss Jezebel DuPree2
#27THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/28/17 at 9:32am

Moore was on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and said he has 10 minute open speech during each performance and asked Colbert to join him one evening.  Could be fun!

Callum_brown1
#28THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/28/17 at 11:42pm

Got to the box office around 5.15 just to ask what the rush policy was - to my surprise there were some tickets left for tonight, the first preview, so I grabbed one. My seat was the house left outermost seat in Row B (this theatre also has Rows AA and BB), with plenty of legroom to the side (not against a wall, though the row in front is).

mild spoilers ahead.

all I knew about the show going in was that 'it wasn't just Michael Moore and a mic', and that's correct. There are some props and scenery, and music and lighting is used very well. I'd say only about half the material is Trump-related, lots of his own personal stories about growing up, Glenn Beck and Flint crisis. There's also a guest-segment, and tonight it was Judah Friendlander from 30 Rock - I presume the guest thing will go in a similar way to 'Oh, Hello', though the mini-interview is politics-based so perhaps not as traditionally big-named as the guests for Oh, Hello. If Tina Fey, for instance, doesn't talk politics, then she wouldn't do well here.

The show actually ran over two hours when it was billed as 90 minutes. If I was the director I would probably cut a few segments - the bit about Gov Cuomo didn't land too well, and some time could be saved simply by tightening the show as well. The audience interaction bit was hit-and-miss, though Moore will get better at this as the run continues.

Some parts are actually surprisingly hard-hitting and candid. He talks openly about the attempts that have been made on his life and what happened to his book deal following 9/11. The story about Flint is extremely moving, too. Letting Moore draw attention to that justifies this being on Broadway alone.

Overall I really enjoyed it, and wouldn't say that you'd have to be a politico to get a lot out of it. This, for me, definitely deserves its place on Broadway with a very candid and entertaining turn from Moore. As DAME said, one thing this production is not is boring. It is no dry political lecture, Moore briskly moves from bit to bit with a lot of energy and self-deprecation. He really is putting in a lot of effort and it shows. I think everyone that sees this will have a terrific night out. It is somewhat preaching to the converted but I guess that is inevitable. Though I'd love to see what happens when a Trump-voting tourist from Arkansas/Mississippi/Montana etc buys a ticket from TKTS not knowing what the show is! I'd give it four stars out of five.

Also - I stage doored and Michael was great. I left after I got my playbill signed to give other people room so don't know how long he stayed. But he seemed happy to be talking to people - though for how long that lasts I don't know!

Looking forward to reading other people's thoughts and the type of guests that make an appearance in future.

Updated On: 7/29/17 at 11:42 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#29THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/29/17 at 2:26am

You've inspired me to try for a rush seat! So I'm curious! 

comets
#30THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/29/17 at 9:52am

I don't love Moore (don't hate him either but not a huge fan) but for $29 tickets, it likely won't be a bad night out. Is the balcony at the Belasco that bad? 

JSquared2
#31THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/29/17 at 10:12am

comets said: "I don't love Moore (don't hate him either but not a huge fan) but for $29 tickets, it likely won't be a bad night out. Is the balcony at the Belasco that bad? 

I sat up there many times for HEDWIG and it's not bad at all ---especially in the first few rows  Just try for an aisle as some rows have tight leg room.  

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#32THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/31/17 at 8:54am

Did anyone hear/see that Moore is perpetually keeping a box seat reserved for...well...you-know-who? I think that's fascinating.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Callum_brown1
#33THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/31/17 at 9:57am

He only mentions it at the beginning.

THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER

Jarethan
#34THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/31/17 at 10:05am

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Did anyone hear/see that Moore is perpetually keeping a box seat reserved for...well...you-know-who? I think that's fascinating.

Why do you think that's fascinating?  HE knows Trump is NEVER EVER EVER going to attend.  It is just for a laugh.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#35THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/31/17 at 10:08am

George Takei did the same thing (albeit not a box seat) for Allegiance.

JSquared2
#36THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/31/17 at 11:01am

For those keeping track, Saturday night's special guest was Morgan Spurlock.

Callum_brown1
#37THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/31/17 at 4:45pm

Think Sarandon is going to the show tonight so she might be the guest.

tirecage
#38THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/31/17 at 5:05pm

Nope. Per her Twitter feed, she can't wait to see the show. Ms. Sarandon is currently in Africa.

Callum_brown1
#39THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/31/17 at 5:17pm

tirecage said: "Nope. Per her Twitter feed, she can't wait to see the show. Ms. Sarandon is currently in Africa.

"

My mistake, you're right - thought that was a picture she took herself. Can envisage her as a guest in future though.

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#40THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 7/31/17 at 10:21pm

According to twitter, Keith Olbermann was the guest tonight, if we're keeping track. 

bunnie3 Profile Photo
bunnie3
#41THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/1/17 at 11:19pm

Just got back.  BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, brilliant, highly entertaining, yet poignant, and (no spoiler), those last 10 minutes!   Yikes!!!!   I got general rush, 3rd row side orchestra), fantastic view, full house!  Not at all what you might think...imho, waaay better!

I'm "TINY"aka TheTinyMagic. BWW log on problems forever. Yeesh.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#42THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/1/17 at 11:30pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Did anyone hear/see that Moore is perpetually keeping a box seat reserved for...well...you-know-who? I think that's fascinating.

"

Voldemort?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Callum_brown1
#43THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/3/17 at 9:49pm

Would love to keep track of the guests that have showed up - and also if the show is being edited to be closer to 90 minutes than 2 hours.

Tapdance2
#44THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/3/17 at 10:03pm

Saw the show Tues & there was no special guest. I enjoyed it, glad I saw it but some of the bits were hit or miss. The serious parts where he talked about attempts on his life & the Flint piece were the highlights. I thought I was fairly informed about Flint, but there was quite a bit of detail that I didn't know, really horrendous what's happened there. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#45THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/3/17 at 10:09pm

Maxine Waters was the guest tonight.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

bisous3
#46THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/4/17 at 8:55am

One of the boxes is definitely reserved for Trump or Pence. Though he didn't specifically mention it, which I thought odd and I only know from reading about it, there was a box that had red,white and blue bunting decorating it on the house right side. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#47THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/4/17 at 9:12am

He mentions it in the first 3 minutes of the show.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#48THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/4/17 at 10:38pm

I just saw the show tonight and there was no special guest, just the audience member bit. How does the celebrity guest fit in?

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

Callum_brown1
#49THE TERMS OF MY SURRENDER
Posted: 8/5/17 at 6:10am

Omg I love Auntie Maxine!

Not quite sure where the guest fitted exactly in the running order

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

it might be following his announcement that he's running for the Presidency in 2020

, but they appear behind a hatch in the wall and then have a discussion sat and the chair that enters stage left. Only lasts 10-15 mins I believe.

Updated On: 8/5/17 at 06:10 AM