pixeltracker

What good musicals for drunks and potheads- Page 2

What good musicals for drunks and potheads

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#25What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 11:36am

That as yet unproduced musical comedy version of KING LEAR.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#27What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 12:19pm

I will say, I'm currently watching Newsies live slightly drunk and all I've got to say is Les is pretty horrendous. Other than that kara Lindsay and Jeremy are spectacular. 

I left the tour at intermission.  I can't stand Jeremy's voice, so I thought it might be enjoyable with someone else.  I was wrong.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#28What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 12:22pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "TheSassySam said: "Wait, Jorge, aren't you 18?"

^^^

"

wink

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

CallMeAl2 Profile Photo
CallMeAl2
#29What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 12:41pm

markypoo said: "That as yet unproduced musical comedy version of KING LEAR."

Oh, you mean this show:

[Mel Brooks's King Leer

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#30What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 12:49pm

CallMeAl2 said: "markypoo said: "That as yet unproduced musical comedy version of KING LEAR."

Oh, you mean this show:

[Mel Brooks's King Leer

"

A little Easter Egg, when Ulla makes her first appearance in the movie, the eyes roll to her. 

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#31What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 12:57pm

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Just what does it say about us when a thread like this goes well into its SECOND PAGE?

smidge
#33What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 1:13pm

I have always wondered if Spider-Man Turn off the Dark would make sense if I was drunk or high.

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#34What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 1:18pm

Spider-Man 1.0 would probably have made a lot more sense if I had been high watching it.

I think both The Little Mermaid and Titanic would be a blast while drunk.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

HiredMan
#35What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 1:27pm

I saw Aida high several times, It was a really amazing thing to see high.

also Rock of Ages, very very drunk.

& Suzanne Somers' The Blonde in the Thunderbird, was surreal.

spider man too. 

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#36What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 2:52pm

While I don't do either of those things, I'd say probably Spring Awakening (the original if you're drunk, the revival if you're high), or Great Comet. Also not a musical but I feel like The Play That Goes Wrong would be a trip. 

One time I accidentally took the wrong cup from my (31 y.o.) sister at The Color Purple. I ordered a seltzer, she ordered a gin and tonic. Long story short that was the first and only time I've ever gotten drunk and the second act of that show was amazing. (Not that it isn't sober; that was my second time seeing it. But it was the first time I cried for thirty minutes straight during any show ever.) 

Updated On: 7/25/17 at 02:52 PM

plzstp
#37What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 2:59pm

Me and a friend had dinner at a BYOB before Hedwig and decided splitting two bottles of wine between two people was an appropriate amount to drink before a show. I have been tipsy at a show before but that was the only time I was ever truly drunk. I had an amazing time lol, we were wooing and cheering very loudly and between the two of us we got up to use the bathroom maybe 10 times (we were on an aisle). So yeah I'm sure the people around us loved us and I feel pretty bad about it. It was my second time seeing it but it was my friend's first so she had trouble following the plot. 

I saw Cats with the same friend, and we got a little high beforehand. Best way to see it in my opinion. 

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#38What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 3:13pm

Rocky Horror is fun on e

rent is not fun hungover fyi

Sunny11
#39What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 3:20pm

Mamma Mia! You can't beat Cheese and Wine.

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#40What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 3:26pm

Passing Strange

@z5
#41What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 3:50pm

Jitney - maybe it would have been easier to sit through then. 

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#42What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 4:24pm

Sunny11 said: "Mamma Mia! You can't beat Cheese and Wine.

"

I liked tequila when I was employed by the mia. Dancing Queen nightly made you wanna drink. 

paper_cliche
#43What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 5:05pm

First time I saw Great Comet, I was BLITZED and had on-stage seating at a sunken barstool feet behind Josh Groban. Everyone in the theater could see me which felt weird because I was trying to stop myself from laughing during the whole thing. I failed several times, most memorably before The Duel... Anatole's spandex butt was near my face and when he turned around and winked at me, I lost it. Also, those light bulbs are MAGIC.

3GamesToLove
#44What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 5:24pm

How has nobody said Jesus Christ Superstar yet?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#45What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 5:30pm

Are you saying most people see shows SOBER?!?!

Demitri2 Profile Photo
Demitri2
#46What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/25/17 at 10:47pm

Shia LaBeouf loved what he saw of CABARET.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#47What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/26/17 at 12:09am

I've only done this once, ever, and  it was not planned. But I saw the last JCSS revival on a genuine, captial-T TRIP and thought it was AMAZING. I went back later telling my partner at the time how thrilling and searing the staging was. We were....disappointed. Probably a lesson there. But I still love and remember the show that I, uh, percieved. 

Updated On: 7/26/17 at 12:09 AM

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#48What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/26/17 at 12:10am

Did not see your post until now, 3Games, but glad to oblige so quickly :) 

nmlhats
#50What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/26/17 at 6:57pm

PASSING STRANGE, naturally!! (which, apparently, may be getting a well-deserved revival) http://nypost.com/2017/07/13/passing-strange-the-best-musical-to-not-win-a-tony-is-back/ 

aisleisle
#51What good musicals for drunks and potheads
Posted: 7/26/17 at 8:30pm

Unexpected:

I throughly enjoyed the second act of Matilda after a strong drink on an empty stomach. It wasn't planned but was sitting behind a restless kid and needed assistance. 

Already mentioned:

I went to Hedwig a few time, twice while tipsy. One time was one of Darren Criss' last shows with most people around me also on that level and really lose and into it and involved. I also recently did a Hedwig double header of the movie and a JCM bootleg while stoned and I highly recommend it (no pun intended). 

Bonus:

It's not a musical but I always love watching Eurovision while high.