pixeltracker

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13- Page 11

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13

thecometbringsnofear Profile Photo
thecometbringsnofear
#250Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 12:28am

Maybe that was a glitch from telecharge? I just tried on my computer and was able to look at tickets for all of August. Also the Broadwaybox code is still working, so they haven't pulled all their codes. 

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#251Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 1:30am

Yeah it's gotta be a glitch. I just checked, and there are quite a few tickets for both those dates.

bear88
#252Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 3:53am

Phantom4ever said: "Saw the show/heard the music for the first time yesterday.  Was totally blown away.  It was the first show since Hamilton that made me want to go out and buy the CD, which I did.  And yes I still buy cds lol

Me too. I just haven't actually gotten around to buying it yet, mostly because I'll probably ask for it for my birthday next month. (I always have trouble coming up with birthday gifts for my wife to give me.)

But you and I are dinosaurs. Shoot, I got tickets recently to a couple of concerts, and the bands sent a free CD of their latest album as an extra. I'm so old that I remember when the main goal was to lure you into record stores to buy their stuff. Now they just give it away because the real money is made at concerts and festivals.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#253Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 8:51am

They're not selling in October and beyond.  Guess that's it.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#254Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 8:59am

So I'm trying to buy a seat for August 13 and see that onstage BF13 is still available. Anyone sat near the rear banquettes? How is it? I jnow there are a million seating threads but ...

Last time I was in front mezzanine and it was a wonderful awesome view (and I got a pierogie thrown at me) but I'd like to sit somewhere else this time to get a different perspective.

thecometbringsnofear Profile Photo
thecometbringsnofear
#255Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 9:15am

Again, absolutely no actual evidence of this from the great comet website or telecharge. I'm the first to admit the show is in trouble, but right now you can still buy tickets all the way through January. 

JustAnotherNewYorker
#256Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 9:52am

poisonivy2 said: "So I'm trying to buy a seat for August 13 and see that onstage BF13 is still available. Anyone sat near the rear banquettes? How is it? I jnow there are a million seating threads but ...

Last time I was in front mezzanine and it was a wonderful awesome view (and I got a pierogie thrown at me) but I'd like to sit somewhere else this time to get a different perspective.
"

If you do take it, we'll be in the row ahead of you. Look for me and my daughter.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#257Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 9:59am

Just bought it. Figured this was the only way to ensure that I get to see TGC again. See you there!

adagio
#258Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 4:12pm

Strongly considering buying tickets for a late September trip to NYC, in hopes the show will still be open. Worried about booking hotel though - are hotel reservations easily cancelled if the show does close early?

I live in a hub city so I'm comfortable holding off on the plane ticket - may end up paying a little more but at least I should still be able to grab a flight.

Anything else I'm forgetting to consider? I don't normally travel solo, this will be my first time.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#259Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 4:18pm

are you going just to see TGC or do you have other shows in your plans?

schubox
#260Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 4:21pm

adagio said: "Strongly considering buying tickets for a late September trip to NYC, in hopes the show will still be open. Worried about booking hotel though - are hotel reservations easily cancelled if the show does close early?

I live in a hub city so I'm comfortable holding off on the plane ticket - may end up paying a little more but at least I should still be able to grab a flight.

Anything else I'm forgetting to consider? I don't normally travel solo, this will be my first time.

"

You can usually get cheaper hotels with a non-refundable booking, but you can also book hotels that will let you cancel 

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#261Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 4:46pm

Does anyone double check themselves before coming here and spewing out information? Not only can you still purchase tickets up until mid-January, but there are also still discount codes out there that are available and useable... both of which were contradicted in the past 24 hours on here. What gives? 

adagio
#262Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 5:01pm

poisonivy2 said: "are you going just to see TGC or do you have other shows in your plans?

"

This would be purely to see Great Comet again - just took a trip in Jan, so wasn't planning on returning to NYC until 2018-2019ish. But my tentative travel plans would allow me to see GC twice and possibly a third show as well, which I'd rush (either Bandstand or Play That Goes Wrong depending on what's open).

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#263Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 5:15pm

adagio said: "poisonivy2 said: "are you going just to see TGC or do you have other shows in your plans?

"

This would be purely to see Great Comet again - just took a trip in Jan, so wasn't planning on returning to NYC until 2018-2019ish. But my tentative travel plans would allow me to see GC twice and possibly a third show as well, which I'd rush (either Bandstand or Play That Goes Wrong depending on what's open).

"

I wouldn't risk it right now if you only want to see TGC. But I do think if you also want to see other shows like Hello Dolly! or Bandstand it's worth it to have a plan B.

Bibliot
#264Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 5:28pm

Did somebody mention on this or on the Riedel thread that Denee is not going to be appearing on 8/19 or 8/20? Anybody know anything about that?

mullein
#265Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 5:31pm

adagio said: "Strongly considering buying tickets for a late September trip to NYC, in hopes the show will still be open. Worried about booking hotel though - are hotel reservations easily cancelled if the show does close early?

"

I'd wait until late next week before purchasing any tickets. There has to be either a closing notice or some sort of news regarding the future of the show up in the next few days, and it's easy enough to get last minute good seats for this show.

Bibliot
#266Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 5:35pm

The lack of information has been very disturbing. I have tickets for a couple of weeks now - full price premium - and I've been holding onto them in hopes they'd have some info about someone stepping in (I was hoping for Dave). But with zero info so far, I will probably return my tickets tomorrow. I'm only in town for a few days, and if Comet is uncertain, I could be securing good seats for some other show.

reginula Profile Photo
reginula
#267Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 6:56pm

Bibliot said: "Did somebody mention on this or on the Riedel thread that Denee is not going to be appearing on 8/19 or 8/20? Anybody know anything about that?

"

That was me. Lauren Zakrin, one of the understudies, posted that she will go on as Natasha on one of those days/shows, but she still wasn't sure when.

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#268Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 7:01pm

Bibliot said: "The lack of information has been very disturbing. I have tickets for a couple of weeks now - full price premium - and I've been holding onto them in hopes they'd have some info about someone stepping in (I was hoping for Dave). But with zero info so far, I will probably return my tickets tomorrow. I'm only in town for a few days, and if Comet is uncertain, I could be securing good seats for some other show.

"

I don't think that's a possibility Bibliot unless you have some special thing with the tickets, once you've purchased them, you can't return them

Bibliot
#269Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 7:01pm

reginula said: 

"

That was me. Lauren Zakrin, one of the understudies, posted that she will go on as Natasha on one of those days/shows, but she still wasn't sure when.

"

Thank you for sharing that information. I never would have seen it otherwise. If anyone hears more from one of the cast, I'd love a heads up.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#270Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 8:33pm

Didn't see this posted yet. For once I agree with Diep Tran:

http://www.americantheatre.org/2017/08/04/the-great-comet-of-internet-outrage/

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#271Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 8:42pm

Spoke to someone involved today. Unless something enormous spontaneously occurs, closing is imminent. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#272Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 9:00pm

I just wish they'd make an announcement already.  (Holding tickets for the first "mystery" week.) 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

schubox
#273Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 11:18pm

dramamama611 said: "I just wish they'd make an announcement already.  (Holding tickets for the first "mystery" week.) 

"

Yeah same. And flights and a hotel reservation. I have tickets in the 20th, so I'm hoping they at least do a farewell week after Oak leaves. At this point it's almost too late to try to cancel everything 

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#274Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/6/17 at 11:28pm

There are quite a few unsold seats this week.  If they make an early announcement, I wonder if any would sell. What a mess.