pixeltracker

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13- Page 7

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13

schubox
#150Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 7:33am

dramamama611 said: "It's only the instrumental part that's hard.  They could have a plan to bypass it.

"

Yeah I highly doubt Patinkin was going to play any instruments 

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#151Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 8:01am

dramamama611 said: "Don't think that is news to anyone.

"

True, but some in this thread are thinking that just throwing around random names is going to keep this show open. Unless Josh comes back it's dead 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#152Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 8:45am

rosscoe(au) said: "True, but some in this thread are thinking that just throwing around random names is going to keep this show open."

One hopes the show's producers/creatives are further along than message board people dreamcasting things... but they may not be, heh. They may be frantically putting out feelers, but the clock is ticking.

Updated On: 8/2/17 at 08:45 AM

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#153Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 11:36am

I was just thinking -- do you think it's possible they haven't announced anything yet because they're waiting to see how many people get refunds for Mandy dates? 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#154Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 11:46am

leighmiserables said: "I was just thinking -- do you think it's possible they haven't announced anything yet because they're waiting to see how many people get refunds for Mandy dates?"

Probably all? If I bought tickets to Mandy, why would I keep them to see.... no one knows?

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#155Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 11:50am

I was not a fan of the show, at all.  I didn't see it with Josh Groban and would not see it again....except if Mandy was in it.  I would have given it another shot just to him him.

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#156Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 11:56am

haterobics said: "leighmiserables said: "I was just thinking -- do you think it's possible they haven't announced anything yet because they're waiting to see how many people get refunds for Mandy dates?"

Probably all? If I bought tickets to Mandy, why would I keep them to see.... no one knows?
"

I actually know quite a few people who bought them, found out he was gone, said "well, might as well just go anyway," and kept them, including some who purchased them with the sole intention of seeing Mandy. 

Plus there's the fact that the whole #savethecomet thing on twitter has been selling some tickets as well. Not a lot, of course, but some. 

schubox
#157Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 12:24pm

leighmiserables said: "haterobics said: "leighmiserables said: "I was just thinking -- do you think it's possible they haven't announced anything yet because they're waiting to see how many people get refunds for Mandy dates?"

"

I actually know quite a few people who bought them, found out he was gone, said "well, might as well just go anyway," and kept them, including some who purchased them with the sole intention of seeing Mandy. 

Plus there's the fact that the whole #savethecomet thing on twitter has been selling some tickets as well. Not a lot, of course, but some. 

"

I kept mine, but I'm waiting to see what they announce before I decide if I'm getting a refund or not 

Eliza2 Profile Photo
Eliza2
#158Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 1:15pm

I kept mine because if it announces a closing on 9/3, I still want to be there for the last show.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#159Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 1:16pm

Guys.... chance the Rapper for Pierre???

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#160Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 1:22pm

I've grown weary of the fancasts. Let's have an announcement already! LOL

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#161Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 1:22pm

schubox said: "I kept mine, but I'm waiting to see what they announce before I decide if I'm getting a refund or not."

I know a bunch of people who are doing this. 

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#162Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 1:24pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Guys.... chance the Rapper for Pierre???

"

We have a better chance of him being in the Chicago Hamilton than The Great Comet.

10086Sundays
#163Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 1:39pm

I don't think we'll get an announcement until next week, if we get one. If they're well sold through August 13th, then I think they'd set a Labor Day closing in order to get 3 more weeks of, hopefully, good sales as people rush to see it, instead of wasting that rush on weeks that were already going to be good at the box office.

Will people really be able to make in the last 3 weeks of August though?  Everyone's said those are slow weeks already.  With kids going back to school/college and folks having already used their vacation time, I'm sure there are people who have obligations and/or live too far away to make it on such short notice during that period.

I looked at those 3 weeks and they are about 60% sold.  The rear mezz and stage seating are particularly empty. The Mandy situation unraveled so quickly, most folks didn't have a chance to get tickets and most probably got refunds.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#164Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 1:46pm

The producers are clearly scrambling to figure what to do after Aug. 13. i still say it's closing then. It's a tough role to learn, so whoever they bring in will need time. They could have Dave Malloy step in if he's willing until whoever is ready to start.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

10086Sundays
#165Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 1:52pm

I could see them using a combination of Dave and Scott to get through those 3 weeks. Or maybe they'll only go 1 or 2 weeks after the 13th.  The fans who are willing to drop everything to come see the show before it closes won't care who's in the role.  Some might prefer Dave actually, since it's his baby.  (Assuming Dave has time of course.)

Of course, I won't be surprised if they announce for the 13th, it's just too bad that people are getting less and less lead time to make plans.  Or maybe they pull a rabbit out of their hat and find someone.

irishgator1
#166Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 2:04pm

Is it the consensus that the show is finished, and now it's just a matter of when?  My children really want to see it again, but we can't fit in a trip any time before early Oct.  If the show is still open then, I would take them back.

schubox
#167Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 2:06pm

10086Sundays said: "I could see them using a combination of Dave and Scott to get through those 3 weeks. Or maybe they'll only go 1 or 2 weeks after the 13th.  The fans who are willing to drop everything to come see the show before it closes won't care who's in the role.  Some might prefer Dave actually, since it's his baby.  (Assuming Dave has time of course.)

Of course, I won't be surprised if they announce for the 13th, it's just too bad that people are getting less and less lead time to make plans.  Or maybe they pull a rabbit out of their hat and find someone.

"

I just need some info. If there is no closing date then I will probably sell my tickets, because I've seen Malloy and it's not worth the time and money to hear back just for that. If they announce a closing date or a new star after the 13th I'll keep them 

Mossee
#168Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 2:14pm

The unknown of it all is killing me. We have tickets for 8/15—but  if they are going to close on 8/13, I'd like to try to get tickets for then instead. I'd rather not switch if I don't have to, though, so I feel like I'm in limbo. I don't care who plays Pierre at this point—I just want to see the damn show.

Adair Haywind
#169Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 3:07pm

Is Tituss Burgess available? I'm sure he'd bring in some people with as popular as Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#170Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 3:10pm

Are people still interested in Josh Radnor and Zachary Levi? They've both proven they can sing...

schubox
#171Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 3:11pm

Adair Haywind said: "Is Tituss Burgess available? I'm sure he'd bring in some people with as popular as Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is.

"

Oh man I'd watch the **** out of that 

schubox
10086Sundays
#173Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 3:24pm

Now I want a Muppets and the Great Comet of 1812 movie.

AllThatJazz2
#174Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/2/17 at 3:44pm

We had bought tickets to see Mandy and received a refund once he dropped out - still getting over the whiplash from that. I still want to see the show (and my friend is amenable to it, though it's dependent for her on who the replacement is). Unfortunately if they close the 13th there is no way we will get there beforehand (we live in Boston and can't make it down). So it's just pins and needles over here waiting to see what the heck happens with the show, and who (if anyone) will wind up playing Pierre once Oak leaves.