pixeltracker

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13- Page 9

Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13

JustAnotherNewYorker
#200Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 1:47am

dramamama611 said: "I've see all the Pierrre (I think) and he wasnt my favorite,  but I liked him."

Me too. Seen them all. He was good, but not my favorite (which, for the record, was Dave)

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#201Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 2:09am

I'd def go back for Dave, and I'd like to see someone else besides Lucas Steele. He's fine, but I'm curious to see someone else in the part. And I'm surprised none of the women were nominated for Best Supporting. I think the women - Sonya, the Step-Mother, and the "slutty" sister - were all fantastic and nailed all their moments. Whereas I thought Steele was a little ho-hum. He was hard to understand in most everything he said.

willep
#202Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 2:15am

chernjam said: "I'm sorry - was never interested in seeing Comet... but now I'm beyond done with this.  This daily drip of faux drama "Britain Ashford Confirms her return" (sorry I don't know who that is) feels more like desperation and has gotten annoying.   Will Mandy Pantinkin rescind his resignation next?  "

Except there is no "daily drip" as we haven't heard anything new this week, and that article is just BWW's lame attempt at creating a story out of an old social media post that we've already discussed and doesn't actually mean anything.

Audrey33
#203Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 2:29am

RippedMan said: "I'd def go back for Dave, and I'd like to see someone else besides Lucas Steele. He's fine, but I'm curious to see someone else in the part. And I'm surprised none of the women were nominated for Best Supporting. I think the women - Sonya, the Step-Mother, and the "slutty" sister - were all fantastic and nailed all their moments. Whereas I thought Steele was a little ho-hum. He was hard to understand in most everything he said."

I'm the opposite in that I think Lucas is the star of the show (at least in the non-Phillipa Soo iteration) and even reading star casting for Anatole suggestions hurts me a little as I can't imagine anyone else in the part.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#204Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 3:03am

Well, I think that's why I kind of want to see someone else's take? I don't particularly care for his performance/vocals. But, judging by the reaction - and my friend's reaction - I'm def. in the minority, which is totally fine. He's very talented, and great in the part, just curious to hear another take. Side note, there was a group of like 5 65+ year old women who were fawning over him like crazy. It was hilarious. 

schubox
#205Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 8:02am

RippedMan said: "I'd def go back for Dave, and I'd like to see someone else besides Lucas Steele. He's fine, but I'm curious to see someone else in the part. And I'm surprised none of the women were nominated for Best Supporting. I think the women - Sonya, the Step-Mother, and the "slutty" sister - were all fantastic and nailed all their moments. Whereas I thought Steele was a little ho-hum. He was hard to understand in most everything he said.

"

I liked Dave, and I'm glad I saw him, but I don't think I'd go back to see him. I love Lucas Steele. Only saw him once, the second time his understudy was on. The understudy was quite good, but lacked a bit of the charisma and singing ability of Lucas

schubox
#206Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 9:49am

If they were closing the 13 we'd have to know something by the 6th right? 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#207Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 10:19am

Not necessarily. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mossee
#208Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 10:51am

schubox said: "If they were closing the 13 we'd have to know something by the 6th right? "

You'd think they'd want to give a decent amount of notice to drive sales from the "one last time"-ers. 

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#209Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 10:56am

Mossee said: "You'd think they'd want to give a decent amount of notice to drive sales from the "one last time"-ers."

You'd think this whole situation would have been handled better by the producers... and yet here we are.

Mossee
#210Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 11:01am

raddersons said: "You'd think this whole situation would have been handled better by the producers... and yet here we are."

Fair point. Check any common-sense assumptions at the door.

Hamilfan2
#211Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 11:21am

schubox said: "If they were closing the 13 we'd have to know something by the 6th right? 

"

I believe they have to let the actors know 2 weeks in advance (or pay out their contracts), but the public announcement could come at any time.  For all we know they could announce today that they are closing tomorrow  (They won't, I think the earliest they will close is the 13th, this is just an example).  It is not unheard of for shows to publicly announce closings the weekend of though.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#212Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 1:58pm

Hamilfan2 said: "I believe they have to let the actors know 2 weeks in advance (or pay out their contracts), but the public announcement could come at any time.  For all we know they could announce today that they are closing tomorrow  (They won't, I think the earliest they will close is the 13th, this is just an example).  It is not unheard of for shows to publicly announce closings the weekend of though.

"

So 'the actor' we talked to backstage on July 30th said everyone had to attend a mandatory meeting that evening.If they were told they were closing at that meeting, that would be the 2 weeks they need, as that would bring us to August 13? Maybe that's why it was a 'mandatory' meeting???

PS - I was thinking Nick Cannon as Pierre. He has his following, a movie opening up, and he can sing and dance. I'd go and see him. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#213Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 2:01pm

David10086 said: "Maybe that's why it was a 'mandatory' meeting???"

I think any all-company meetings are mandatory. It's not like they meet all the time, but you can decide whether to go every time.

schubox
#214Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 2:03pm

David10086 said: "Hamilfan2 said: "I believe they have to let the actors know 2 weeks in advance (or pay out their contracts), but the public announcement could come at any time.  For all we know they could announce today that they are closing tomorrow  (They won't, I think the earliest they will close is the 13th, this is just an example).  It is not unheard of for shows to publicly announce closings the weekend of though.

"

So 'the actor' we talked to backstage on July 30th said everyone had to attend a mandatory meeting that evening.If they were told they were closing at that meeting, that would be the 2 weeks they need, as that would bring us to August 13? Maybe that's why it was a 'mandatory' meeting???

PS - I was thinking Nick Cannon as Pierre. He has his following, a movie opening up, and he can sing and dance. I'd go and see him. 

"

The timing would match up, but do you really think it would be kept a secret this long? 

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#215Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 2:44pm

David10086 said: "PS - I was thinking Nick Cannon as Pierre. He has his following, a movie opening up, and he can sing and dance. I'd go and see him. "

You could not pay me to see Nick Cannon, but if it means the show gets to keep running...fine. At this point, they could cast Kid Rock as Pierre and I would be happy so long as the show keeps running. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#216Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 2:59pm

Hamilfan2 said: "schubox said: "If they were closing the 13 we'd have to know something by the 6th right? 

"

I believe they have to let the actors know 2 weeks in advance (or pay out their contracts), but the public announcement could come at any time.  For all we know they could announce today that they are closing tomorrow  (They won't, I think the earliest they will close is the 13th, this is just an example).  It is not unheard of for shows to publicly announce closings the weekend of though.

"

That's not right....if two weeks notice isn't given to the actors before closing, they get paid as if it were...NOT the rest of their contract, it gurarantees them two weeks pay from the time of their notice.  (I've also hear that it's only ONE week, so I don't really know which is true.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#217Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 3:06pm

Did not like the show at all...frankly, I was bored. Very disappointed not to see Lucas because his understudy was , to be kind, not convincing as a sex symbol.

smidge
#218Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 3:17pm

gymman said: "Did not like the show at all...frankly, I was bored. Very disappointed not to see Lucas because his understudy was , to be kind, not convincing as a sex symbol.

Was it Josh Canfield? Didn't see his performance but I do think he is, at least, hotter than Lucas

Margo319
#219Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 3:19pm

I love Josh Canfield in the role, so much better than Lucas.  

trpguyy
#220Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 3:42pm

The company has not received a closing notice, nor word of a replacement Pierre. 

mullein
#221Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 3:45pm

trpguyy said: "The company has not received a closing notice, nor word of a replacement Pierre. 

"

Wow that is... concerning.

gymman Profile Photo
gymman
#222Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 4:00pm

Blaine Alden Krauss was on for Lucas.

schubox
#223Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 4:40pm

gymman said: "Blaine Alden Krauss was on for Lucas.

"

That's who I saw my second time. I thought he was fine. Tried a little too hard

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#224Maybe, The Great Comet isn't closing in August 13
Posted: 8/3/17 at 5:37pm

I imagine a two week's notice will  be happening very soon. Based on what I've heard.

Either way, if you want to go back, or have been meaning to go, I would go as soon as possible.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."