#26Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/9/17 at 3:23am

ignore.

Updated On: 9/9/17 at 03:23 AM

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#27Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/9/17 at 3:45am

jacksonpotter said: "Elphie: Lea Michele, she's probably the obvious choice and the front runner right now though I don't know if she's got the acting or singing chops for the part"

did you see her in Glee? she could play the role in her sleep

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#28Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/9/17 at 9:39am

Kate Winslet for Morrible

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#29Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/9/17 at 10:38am

maybe an animation would be better...

Gizmo6
#31Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/9/17 at 1:54pm

Why do people like Sam Barks? I saw her in the Nancy UK tour, terrible as Nancy. 

As Wicked is a pop musical it might suit her, she hadn't the acting chops for Nancy. 

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#32Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/9/17 at 3:52pm

Is Emmy Rossum (who may be the most beautiful celebrity out there), going to be Christine and Elphaba? I've heard people complain about her singing.  I can't even tell if she's any good as I have no faith in recordings.  Anyways, my favorite Elphie will always be Stephanie.

Stephanatic

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#33Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/9/17 at 3:58pm

South Florida said: "Is Emmy Rossum (who may be the most beautiful celebrity out there), going to be Christine and Elphaba? I've heard people complain about her singing. I can't even tell if she's any good as I have no faith in recordings. Anyways, my favorite Elphie will always be Stephanie."

No. Emmy Rossum won't fit in Wicked. Personally, I'd really like to see her as Maureen or maybe Mimi in Rent, Anita in West Side Story, or Angelica in Hamilton. 

johannabarker
#34Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/9/17 at 8:03pm

Emmy Rossum is white... And while she's definitely improved since she was 16 in Phantom, she should not play Elphaba or Glinda. Maybe Nessarose.

But Ali Stroker should absolutely be Nessarose, it's a small enough role that star casting doesn't matter. They can use CGI and body doubles for the parts where she walks.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#35Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/9/17 at 8:21pm

johannabarker said: "Emmy Rossum is white... And while she's definitely improved since she was 16 in Phantom, she should not play Elphaba or Glinda. Maybe Nessarose.

It... was a joke. "Emmy Rossom HAS to play Mimi in Rent", and all?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#36Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/9/17 at 8:21pm

I just worry that they're going to go with Ariana Grande as Elphaba. Hopefully her "performance" in Hairspray: Live is enough to keep her away from this role. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#37Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/10/17 at 2:32am

emmy must play mimi!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#38Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/10/17 at 2:34am

I would like Angela Lansbury as Morrible. Or maybe Julie Andrews. No one would see that villainous turn coming.

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#39Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/10/17 at 6:51am

I'm so glad most of you have absolutely no actual input in casting. Lea Michele. Dove Cameron. Arianna Grande? Ugh. 

A few years ago Natalie Portman would have made a perfect Nessarose. 

I don't care who plays what role, whether it be an known or a celebrity, but I'd kill to see Helen Mirren as Madame Morrible.

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#40Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/10/17 at 7:25am

Kristin Chenoweth is 50 and looks older, can we stop pretending that having her as Glinda is an option?

Jessetenny Profile Photo
Jessetenny
#41Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/10/17 at 11:24am

Plannietink08 said: "I'm so glad most of you have absolutely no actual input in casting. Lea Michele. Dove Cameron. Arianna Grande?Ugh.

I don't care who plays what role, whether it be an known or a celebrity, but I'd kill to see Helen Mirren as Madame Morrible.
"

You have no idea who has input on casting, actually. You don't like those choices? Fine. Don't be a condescending a** about it.

PurpleSummerHathaway Profile Photo
PurpleSummerHathaway
#42Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/10/17 at 11:59am

Casey Cott as Fiyero? I'd love Corey too, but Casey has more of a fan base due to Riverdale. 

jacksonpotter
#43Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/10/17 at 3:46pm

PurpleSummerHathaway said: "Casey Cott as Fiyero? I'd love Corey too, but Casey has more of a fan base due to Riverdale."

Brittany Snow as Glinda?

jbroadway4 Profile Photo
jbroadway4
#44Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/10/17 at 4:26pm

Liz Gillies, JoJo, Jessie J, or Nicole Scherzinger for Elphaba. All four have theatre experience and can sing their faces off.

Ariana Grande is more Glinda than Elphaba, y'all. 

BlackElleWoods Profile Photo
BlackElleWoods
#45Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/10/17 at 4:50pm

Plannietink08 said: "I'm so glad most of you have absolutely no actual input in casting. Lea Michele. Dove Cameron. Arianna Grande?Ugh.

"

is this a serious response ? If its ANY role Lea Michele would be perfect for its Elphaba .

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#46Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/11/17 at 12:27pm

If I were to pluck two Wicked veterans for the leads, I'd go with Christine Dwyer as Elphaba and Annaleigh Ashford as Glinda.

Other suggestions I've thought of are...

Elphaba:
Samantha Barks
Cynthia Erivo
Daisy Ridley

Glinda:
Lily James
Anna Kendrick

Fiyero:
Taron Egerton
Ansel Elgort
Grant Gustin

Madame Morrible:
Glenn Close
Angela Lansbury

The Wizard:
Kevin Kline
John Lithgow
Kevin Spacey

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#47Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/11/17 at 12:39pm

My Dreamcast:

Elphaba: unknown, Alison Luff, or Betsy Wolfe

Glinda: unknown or Anna Kendrick

Fiyero: Harry Styles, Nolan Gerard Funk

Madame Morrible: Queen Latifah

The Wizard: Steve Martin

Nessa: Zendaya

boq: Thomas Holland or Ben Platt

dr. Dillamond: Eugene Levy

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

broadwayboy223
#48Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/11/17 at 1:17pm

People keep suggesting Anna Kendrick for this in both parts and I don't think y'all realize that she doesn't have the range. Especially for Glinda. Her soprano in into the woods was so so.  

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#49Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/11/17 at 1:54pm

Zendaya would be a better Elphaba than Nessarose.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#50Wicked Movie Casting
Posted: 9/11/17 at 1:58pm

Anna Kendrick would be a perfect Nessarose, case closed. That's the only definitive casting I could possibly make. 

Videos