Brigadoon

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#25Brigadoon
Posted: 11/16/17 at 9:03pm

It's intermission now and I can't imagine a more perfect production. Full stop.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#26Brigadoon
Posted: 11/16/17 at 10:08pm

Essentially here to comment the same thing ^ Just getting out and it was absolutely the most wonderful evening you could have asked for.

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

Alfie6
#27Brigadoon
Posted: 11/16/17 at 11:19pm

absolutely stunning performance, this was just perfect.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#28Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 12:00am

I guess I've been living under a shell because I had NO CLUE this was happening. If anyone has a ticket for Friday/Sat night that they don't need/willing to sell, let me know. I'm on a tight budget, but Wilson is my all time favorite male actor/singer and O'hara is pretty much my favorite female actress. 

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#29Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 12:33am

Rippedman: You might try waiting outside before the show to see if someone is selling a reasonably priced ticket or giving one away. Sometimes part of a party cannot make it and people hand them to someone who is asking for one.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#30Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 1:51am

I went in completely clueless (I know, I know) and ended up absolutely in love. Beautifully acted and sung all around, and the DANCING. I've never met a Christopher Wheeldon work I didn't like, but I was still impressed here. I'm seeing it again on Sunday by a complete stroke of stupidity on my own part, and I'm quite excited about it. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#31Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 3:37am

Melissa25 said: "Thank you WestCoastActor/Director for sharing that link to Patrick singing Loving You. It made my day!!!

Ihave tickets for Saturday and cannot wait.
"

You are welcome Melissa25.    I just went back and watch it again myself just glorious. Awesome that you're seeing Brigadoon. Lucky.

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#32Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 9:15am

Does anyone have an extra ticket they're willing to sell for either Sunday performance ? I have a friend coming into town who is dying to see the show.

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

JBC3
#33Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 9:18am

I would love to hear Wilson singing Loving You the way Sondheim wrote it, but even with all of the vocal embellishments (from Streisand in particular) it was great.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#34Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 9:27am

Nothing that happened in Act II changed my report after Act I last night. A simply beautiful, near flawless production. Now I feel very lucky to have seen it. 

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

dave1606
#35Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 11:40am

I don't really have much to add other than to agree that it really was a perfect evening. Even from waaay up in the balcony this show played beautifully. Kelli O'Hara was stunning and her voice filled city center so beautifully. I really wish Steven Pasquale had been able to do this as I know he would have been excellent, but Patrick Wilson was fantastic. Stephanie was fantastic and hysterical. The orchestra sounded amazing.

This truly was such a full production it surprised me. Not a script in sight and so many stunning dance scenes. It really could transfer tomorrow.  I'm not sure if it will have any further life, but I would so love a cast recording at the very least. 

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
sing_dance_love
#36Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 11:58am

I was there last night and I have to agree with the opinions thus far. It was stunning. Complimented by glorious singing and some of the most thrilling ballets in some time. It just worked. When it was meant to be joyous, it was. Thrilling, funny, emotional? It was was was.

Such a pleasure to hear Wilson sing again, god his voice is rich. And I agree with a previous poster, his warm naturalism played off the kooky Scots so well.

O’Hara was perfect. I mean, what other word is there? The singing was spine tingling and she imbued her Fiona with spirit, humor, and excess heart.

All the supporting players were great, especially Mandvi, who was a breath of fresh air. And the choreography! So emotional! I mean, damn. I wish this could just keep running. I would be back in a heartbeat to hear Wilson and O’Hara sing the climax of “Almost Like Being In Love” just one more time.

"...and in a bed."

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#37Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 1:05pm

I was there last night too and it was BRILLIANT!!! I'm still on cloud nine. You know when the Times run their will win/should win Tony predictions and they are able to select "should wins" from ineligible venues? Well this is my "should win" Best Revival Tony along with "should win" best choreography. Christopher Wheeldon's work on this production- and make no mistake, it's a full production- is out of this world. The "Come To Me, Bend To Me" section is one of the most stunning things I've seen in a good long while. No one would have the guts to write a section of a musical like that today, let alone stage it this way. Bravo!

How are we to find new ways to praise Kelli O'Hara after each new performance. The woman is goddess of the theater. I'm so sad that she's going to London to do the King and I. We need her to revive Plain and Fancy, The Gay Life (original book restored) and Something More! ASAP. Both her singing AND her acting were top notch last night. I shed a few tears at the end- it was just that glorious. 

Wilson's voice has really grown over the years. It was so rich and "There But For You Go I" was quite moving. Stephanie J Block was a riot. I love Robert Fairchild and hope he keeps returning to the musical stage. 

A perfect evening and one that I pray finds life in a future production. 

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Weisenbachfeld
#38Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 6:03pm

I am selling a ticket for Brigadoon for Saturday 11/18 at 8:00pm.  Its Row K all the way in the back but its only $45. If anyone is interested please let me know!

*****the ticket has been sold ******

Updated On: 11/18/17 at 06:03 PM

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#39Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 8:32pm

Brigadoon

Updated On: 11/17/17 at 08:32 PM

broadwayboy223
#40Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 9:12pm

Is there any talk of a revival?

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#41Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 11:20pm

Just home and still floating.   I can’t remember when I’ve been more enthralled.  

Kelli.   Beautiful Kelli.   As Whizzer said:  how ARE we to find new ways to praise her?

I’d also like to add that Robert Fairchild is a dream.  He captured my heart long ago, and his performances continue to move me.  I couldn’t take my eyes off of him.

Oh, for this to become a full revival.   One can wish...

Just glorious!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#42Brigadoon
Posted: 11/17/17 at 11:52pm

Just came back from the performance. I loved the singing and music. Not so fond of the dancing. Full review here:

http://poisonivywalloftext.blogspot.com/2017/11/brigadoons-music-wakes-audiences-up.html

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#43Brigadoon
Posted: 11/18/17 at 1:43am

I wish they would film it for PBS but I do not think there is any plans to do so. I saw it again last night and enjoyed even more so. I don't know how old the leads are portrayed in most productions, but I really liked the fact that they were played by actors over 40. Their maturity gave the material an emotional depth and a sense of hope that the audience seemed to be taking with them when they left the theatre. I think I will always remember it as one of my favorite Encores/Gala productions. It was right up there with The Most Happy Fella, Paint Your Wagon and A New Brain all of which were directed beautifully. Goes to show how having a director with a clear vision and an uncluttered style can be the ingredient that makes magic happen.

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#44Brigadoon
Posted: 11/18/17 at 5:23am

Apart from the bad, bad accents this production looks and sounds gorgeous! I've been desperate for a revival of Brigadoon and this is everything I could have hoped for. The voices and the orchestra and the choreography - just divine! 

The accents definitely need work but given their short rehearsal period I'll forgive them.

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#45Brigadoon
Posted: 11/18/17 at 9:12am

Weisenbachfeld said: "I am selling a ticket for Brigadoon for Saturday 11/18 at 8:00pm. Its Row K all the way in the back but its only $45. If anyone is interested please let me know!"

Just sent you a PM!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#46Brigadoon
Posted: 11/18/17 at 2:51pm

Is there a chance this could go to Broadway for a limited run? I realize there's no way this production would even break even but maybe someone is passionate about the show and is willing to lose $15 million? 

(And if only the reviewers would stop referring to the show as second-tier)

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#47Brigadoon
Posted: 11/18/17 at 3:03pm

So massively jealous- I love this show and this is a dream cast!

Lucky you, everyone who has seen it!!!

the brass kazoo Profile Photo
the brass kazoo
#48Brigadoon
Posted: 11/18/17 at 4:12pm

No one cares that they cut "Once In The Highlands"? Brigadoon I always thought it was unusual/gutsy for a show to open with two slow choral numbers.  That said, I thought it was first rate!

AntV
#49Brigadoon
Posted: 11/18/17 at 4:24pm

Anyone have an extra balcony ticket for tonight for sale?