pixeltracker

Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut- Page 2

Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#25Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 2:14pm

Scorpion is on the bubble and could very well be cancelled, their ratings have continued to drop more and more, and now near the end of their 4th season, it's enough to end it and shove it off into syndication. (And she's already dated and dumped the lead of that show, so she's not tied down.) So we could get Katharine for a longer stint on Broadway.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Robert16 Profile Photo
Robert16
#26Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 2:25pm

She would be wonderful in Moulin Rogue or
musical based on Roman Holiday film

ebontoyan
#27Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 3:03pm

Can she act??! I cringed when she was not singing/dancing in Smash. Never heard/seen her in her “new” TV show

broadwayboy223
#28Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 3:11pm

I could see her doing Wicked, or Waitress. I could see her doing Frozen at some point too

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#29Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 3:20pm

ebontoyan said: "Can she act??! I cringed when she was not singing/dancing in Smash. Never heard/seen her in her “new” TV show"

Do most people really find her acting to be THAT bad?? I watched the entire series of SMASH and while she is certainly no Meryl Streep, I thought she was perfectly fine. Their are plenty of worse actresses I can think of.

Updated On: 1/22/18 at 03:20 PM

AEA AGMA SM
#30Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 3:52pm

SomeOtherMe said: "Do most people really find her acting to be THAT bad??I watched the entire series of SMASH and while she is certainly no Meryl Streep, I thought she was perfectly fine. Their are certainly plenty of worse actresses I can think of."

While I wouldn't say "perfectly fine" I would agree that I never found her to be cringe-worthy bad. She went from serviceable to wooden, sometimes bland, but never what I would consider bad. I'll also give her the caveat that the writing on that show certainly didn't help anyone look very good.

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#31Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 4:05pm

AEA AGMA SM said: "While I wouldn't say "perfectly fine" I would agree that I never found her to be cringe-worthy bad. She went from serviceable to wooden, sometimes bland, but never what I would consider bad. I'll also give her the caveat that the writing on that show certainly didn't help anyone look very good."

Fair enough.

TheCooler
#32Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 4:17pm

Has to be waitress.  They have no lead in a few weeks and I think for that show to be successful this year, they will need a recognizable name to play Jenna.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#33Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 7:10pm

Moulin Rouge could be an interesting fit.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#34Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 7:39pm

Its waitress. If you check who she just recently started following on instagram the last person she followed was the waitress musical instagram.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#35Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 7:39pm

Its waitress. If you check who she just recently started following on instagram the last person she followed was the waitress musical instagram.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#36Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 9:21pm

This is exciting!! What a perfect fit for her debut!

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#37Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 9:32pm

“Let me be your pie” hmmm.

https://twitter.com/jenashtep/status/955621190340698113

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#38Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 10:18pm

Waitress is a perfect fit for her; and so is Wicked (obviously as Elphaba but part of me would be equally surprised and confused at her Glinda). In any case though, it’s obviously Jenna.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#39Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/22/18 at 10:50pm

bjh2114 said: "Valentina3 said: "Irene Malloy? I'd be down for that part becoming a pop-star fill in for audiences so top tier theater actress continue to get cast appropriately as Dolly."

That's a joke, right? She's not even REMOTELY the right voice type for that role.
"

Shrug. I don't think she will be bad, she has the range for the song. As for the style, it will be a different take on the songs - won't be the first or the last time Hello, Dolly! has been done in different style than it was written. She looks right for the part. An elegant, beautiful, smart woman who knows what she wants.

I agree she'd be good as Jenna. Looking forward to reviews.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#40Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/23/18 at 2:59am

There's "different styles" and then there's Ribbons Down My Back being performed as a nasally pop song. I don't think that's what anyone at the Shubert has in mind for Irene.

MoveOnGypsy Profile Photo
MoveOnGypsy
#41Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/23/18 at 7:16am

Kate signed until July so that doesn't fit with the timeline anyways. 

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#42Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/24/18 at 4:26pm

For those of you who watched SMASH, what is kind of funny about Katharine McPhee coming into a broadway show, is that she is the "star" who is being cast instead of an actress with potentially more talent (because having a name will likely sell more tickets) -- similar to the episode from SMASH where Uma Thurman comes in as the star power to take the Marilyn role from McPhee.    

Liza's Headband
#43Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/24/18 at 9:06pm

Bwayfan292 said: "Its waitress. If you check who she just recently started following on instagram the last person she followed was the waitress musical instagram."

Correct. This has been confirmed off-line. Should be an official announcement soon... 

Alessio2
#44Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/24/18 at 11:16pm

Does anyone actually think she could sing Elphaba in Wicked?? I don't...

latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
#45Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/24/18 at 11:46pm

The part she's rumored to be playing is similarly demanding. Elphaba is not outside of her scope or vocal training.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#46Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/25/18 at 2:37am

"Is she really that much of a "name"?    I can't see her bringing in huge numbers.  "

I doubt she would bring in huge numbers but I think she is fairly well known since she was 2nd on "American Idol", has been on "Scorpion" for four years and "Smash" for two years.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#47Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/25/18 at 2:38am

"Or a new dance heavy part in a new revival, which I know isn't happening. Because girl can DANCE. "

Yep, thought she was excellent in "Smash" in the dance numbers.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#48Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/25/18 at 10:41am

bjh2114 said: "There's "different styles" and then there's Ribbons Down My Back being performed as a nasally pop song. I don't think that's what anyone at the Shubert has in mind for Irene."

That reminds me of the Ethel Merman disco album.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#49Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/25/18 at 1:37pm

I really wish her boyfriend David Foster would write an amazing hit song for her. Love her voice. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello