pixeltracker

Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut- Page 3

Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut

VintageSnarker
#50Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/25/18 at 5:12pm

I've been a fan since Idol but she's never been a great actress. After Sara, I think she would be too wooden and bland as Jenna. She plays a former Waitress on Scorpion but... she's not particularly good at it. Then again, that show is garbage. I hope she's still got the voice for it. I think she did at one point but it's hard to tell with her new pop albums.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#51Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/25/18 at 6:13pm

perfectliar said: "hayleypaaige said: "Do you think she's going to leave Scorpion early this season for Broadway? They usually finish filming in April..."

Scorpion's season finale is April 23, so filming should be wrapped earlier than that.
"

Also, he says "a finale picture" in the video so more than likely this video was filmed during or after they filmed for the finale.

hayleypaaige
#52Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 1/25/18 at 6:50pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "perfectliar said: "hayleypaaige said: "Do you think she's going to leave Scorpion early this season for Broadway? They usually finish filming in April..."

Scorpion's season finale is April 23, so filming should be wrapped earlier than that.
"

Also, he says "a finale picture" in the video so more than likely this video was filmed during or after they filmed for the finale.
"

No, this was filmed this past Sunday while Kat was in NYC before she went back to LA (it was on his insta story). He has nothing to do with her show, he was simply referring to the end of their time together that weekend 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#53Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/5/18 at 3:40pm

She will be taking over the role of Jenna in WAITRESS.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#54Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/5/18 at 3:53pm

I wonder for how long.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#55Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/5/18 at 3:54pm

Maybe for a few months and Sara comes back in to close the show by Labor Day?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#56Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/5/18 at 3:55pm

I don’t know for how long, just that she’s doing it.

BenjaminNicholas2 Profile Photo
BenjaminNicholas2
#57Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/5/18 at 8:13pm

Is she still dating her father?

Liza's Headband
#58Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/5/18 at 9:27pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I don’t know for how long, just that she’s doing it."

They were still working out the scheduling as of this morning. Hadn't heard any changes but apparently it's all worked out now? 

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#59Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/5/18 at 9:30pm

ACL2006 said: "Maybe for a few months and Sara comes back in to close the show by Labor Day?"

The show was doing fine with Betsy as Jenna, there’s no way it’s closing by Labor Day. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

JustinLovesSideShow
#60Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/9/18 at 6:08pm

Do you know when we should expect an announcement?

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#61Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/9/18 at 6:56pm

"I don’t know for how long, just that she’s doing it."

Awesome, would love to see her in it.

Nothinlikeadame
#62Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/12/18 at 12:34am

Heard one of the chorus boys from the show talking on his phone to a friend, it is Waitress.

JustinLovesSideShow
#63Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/13/18 at 9:20pm

Sara’s announcing it tomorrow!!!!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#64Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 10:20am

http://www.playbill.com/article/katharine-mcphee-will-make-her-broadway-debut-in-waitress

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#65Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 10:24am

It says she’s not beginning until April. I thought sara has only extended through March, is sara extending again?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#66Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 10:36am

I think McPhee is great, but it's just funny to me that Waitress' "name casting" continues to take the form of names that are still big but were bigger in 2008.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#67Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 10:51am

I wonder who will play Jenna for the month between them. No Sara isn’t extending because there’s a discount code for that month only.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#68Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 10:57am

It seems weird to my that BWW and Playbill have announced the casting prior to Sara announcing it herself on Twitter, especially since she made that video for her fans to come tomorrow (today) and see who the new Jenna will be. 

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#69Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 10:58am

LesWickedly said: "I wonder who will play Jenna for the month between them. No Sara isn’t extending because there’s a discount code for that month only. "

Oh, I hope they bring back Betsy.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

JennH
#70Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 11:16am

Now that it's out in the open, I really don't know how I feel about this. She can 1000% sing this, there's no question about that. But she can't act. I enjoyed her in Smash mostly because that "can't really act, but essence of green, sweet naivete" works for that kind of character. Jenna has seen some ugly ****, and I wonder about her ability to capture that. 

As for the month in between, I don't think Betsy will come back, BUT I do hope rather than try to stunt cast, let the understudies share some time doing this role. It's only a month, and Kat will sell a good amount of tickets, and I'm sure she already has.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#71Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 11:52am

"ut she can't act. I enjoyed her in Smash mostly because that "can't really act, but essence of green, sweet naivete" works for that kind of character. Jenna has seen some ugly ****, and I wonder about her ability to capture that. "

She is in her 4th season of "Scorpion" and I believe she has done a couple of movies also since "Smash". I think she is better actress now but I guess we will see if she can handle the role in April.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#72Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 11:56am

I mean, we can make fun of the casting being from 2008, but hey they're selling tickets and making LOTs of profit. 

SomeOtherMe Profile Photo
SomeOtherMe
#73Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 12:01pm

JennH said: "Now that it's out in the open, I really don't know how I feel about this. She can 1000% sing this, there's no question about that. But she can't act.I enjoyed her in Smash mostly because that"can't really act, but essence of green, sweet naivete" works for that kind of character. Jenna has seen some ugly ****, and I wonder about her ability to capture that.

To say she can’t act at all is quite the exaggeration. While I admit that her acting can be a bit one note at times, there were quite a few moments in SMASH (particularly in the pilot episode and season 1 finale) where I thought she had some really wonderful moments. Granted, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I personally, am really looking forward to seeing what she does with the role. And goodness knows she’s going to sound wonderful singing this score.

Updated On: 2/14/18 at 12:01 PM

Jarethan
#74Katharine McPhee Broadway Debut
Posted: 2/14/18 at 12:18pm

She is going to be great in this role...it is perfect for her.  As everyone has said already, she can sing the hell out of the score; the role doesn't require heavy-lifting acting...it needs someone who can make the audience root for her to get out of the 'rut' she is in and make a better life for herself.  As  beautiful as she is, it is very easy to 'drab her down' a bit for the role of Jenna.

She will probably come across as better than her actual acting talent, which is certainly not a threat to Meryl Streep...or Jessie Mueller.